Start by marking “Feral Heat (Untamed Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Feral Heat (Untamed Hearts, #1)

Feral Heat (Untamed Hearts #1)

2.9 of 5 stars 2.90  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Book one in the Untamed Hearts Series The scent of a female is a powerful thing. Kai, leader of the cougar clan finds that out the hard way, much to his distress. Can he and his life mate, Aric, find the stolen talisman before it's too late? The female's scent is highly arousing, even to a cougar closely mated to his male partner. But Kai is no ordinary cougar. He's a chan ...more
Published November 8th 2008 by Total E-Bound (first published October 13th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Feral Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feral Heat

Mara Ismine
This m/m/f menage might be a 3.5 star rating. I found it rather too easy to walk away from at the slightest distraction. In the middle of a tense stalking scene I found myself checking and replacing airfreshners around the house after being taken from the screen by a thirty second task.

I wanted to really like this because cougar shifters are fairly few and far between. I enjoyed Ethan's Choice by the same authors and had high hopes for this one. It was a good story, but there was just something
mlady_rebecca
This is one of those genre defying books. It's more erotica than romance. It's more fantasy than urban fantasy/paranormal romance. Basically, it's a book about shapeshifters that live in tribes on an unknown world or at an unknown point in time. So basically, plot-wise, you have a battle between two tribes of cougars.

The book starts right off with a sex scene. I forgave that, because it did introduce the conflict of the book, but then I realized the plot was just there to support the sex scenes.
Jimmy Hanson
I made it through this book, but barely. The only reason, I think, is because I was determined to finish all of the books I'm in the middle of before beginning any more.

Erotica, erotica, and PURE erotica. That's what this story is, and little more than that. The plot was kind of flimsy, the 'bad' guys typical and cliche, and according to the writer every female has humongous curves and teats that stick out, and Kai himself pretty much constantly has a hard-on. For just about anything.

Good for so
Barbara ★
I understand this is the first in the series but it read like it wasn't. I liked Kai, though he was massively oversexed. I had mixed feelings for Sable but ultimately liked her. Aric is the feminine one and sweet. I felt the love between Kai and Aric but Aric reluctantly accepts Sable into their lives while Kai is totally smitten with her. I sense future trouble for the M/M relationship between Kai and Aric.

The story wasn't purely erotica though, only about 80%. The conflict between Dagen and Ka
ObsidianCub
Does what it says on the tin. No surprises and nothing that you will remember ten minutes later. It was an alright read but I didn't love any character or particularly care about them or the plot (when there was some). Plus Kao is the most sex obsessed character ever, despite so called pressing plot matters all he cares about is sex. I like erotica but this is just too far.
Flitterkit
Ugh. This is a MMF, with the male in the middle.. and um, it's a bit on the oh good grief raunchy side, plus I want to beat the characters. Though a good portion of my dislike of it is I don't get raptures about "the beautiful, irrestible pucker of his rose colored ass hole"

just ew.
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Sheena
Sheena is currently reading it
Dec 23, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Ladystyx
Ladystyx marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Mar 23, 2014
Norma
Norma marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
April Dykes
April Dykes marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Jackeline
Jackeline marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Erin
Erin added it
Sep 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jenna Byrnes could use more cabinet space and more hours in a day. She’d fill the kitchen with gadgets her husband purchases off TV and let him cook for her to his heart’s content. She’d breeze through the days adding hours of sleep, and more time for writing the hot, erotic romance she loves to read.

Jenna thinks everyone deserves a happy ending, and loves to provide as many of those as possible t
More about Jenna Byrnes...

Untamed Hearts (4 books)
  • Bear Combustion (Untamed Hearts, #2)
  • Wolfen Choice (Untamed Hearts, #3)
  • Stallion's Pride (Untamed Hearts, #4)
Dancing In the Dark (Streets of Fire, #1) Truth or Dare (Cattle Valley Women, #1) Second Time Around Born To Run (Streets of Fire, #2) Fool's Gold (Cattle Valley Women, #2)