Start by marking “Perfect Victim” as Want to Read:
Perfect Victim

Perfect Victim (Ulysses Grove #4)

A slashed female corpse...a footprint, a tire track...a trail of blood in a crowded shopping mall. Even the most jaded cops are horrified by the carnage. But to seasoned FBI profiler Ulysses Grove, the evidence spells out a much more personal message--a threat that speaks to Grove alone...

Meticulous Killer...
He chooses his victims with care. He plans their murders with pai
Published December 1st 2008 by Pinnacle (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Victim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Victim

Gina
Synopsis promises excitement - author failed to deliver.

Anyone who’s read my more recent reviews usually get a brief rundown of what I read, what I liked and disliked. With this one, I’m sorry, but I’m not wasting my time.

The synopsis had my attention, I figured this one was right down my alley. How misleading! The prologue and first couple of chapters had my attention. From then on, I had to force myself to read this book. For me, that’s not good - not good at all. I felt absolutely nothing for
TJ
Dec 31, 2014 TJ rated it it was ok
"Perfect Victim" is James Patterson/Alex Cross light. It's not that it's a bad book, it's just that I'd already felt like I'd read the story (and experienced the qualities of the main character) in an earlier Alex Cross novel (or two) by James Patterson. The main character, Ulysses Grove, is practically a clone of Alex Cross with a wife who questions her role in her man's life, a boss who is often "down" on him, a nice kid that he loves dearly but doesn't get to spend enough time with, etc. In a ...more
Natalie
Oct 21, 2013 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Never read anything by this author but this book got me involved right from the beginning.An FBI Profiler,it is quite a thriller,with paranormal and history.lots of action.To much going on here to try and give you an idea.Best I can tell you is to read it yourself.Going to look up what else this guy wrote!!!
Elaine
Feb 19, 2010 Elaine rated it it was ok
I am not sure why I finished this book. What I expected was a straight forward book about a serial killer. Instead it was about a para-normal serial killer with hints of ancient religions, voodoo and other things that may be good in a Stephen King novel but just didn't cut it for me in this book.
Tim Ouellette
Aug 02, 2015 Tim Ouellette rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime-fiction
Perfect Victim was my introduction to the work of Jay Bonansinga and, unfortunately, it may be my only exposure. The book started out okay; it appeared to fall within the crime-fiction/thriller genre but half-way through the book the author introduced a number of potential supernatural plot twists, some of which simply did not pan out.

There were a number of editing errors throughout the book; the errors consisted primarily in missing and misspelled words. It was enough of an issue that it caused
Angel Hatfield
Aug 19, 2016 Angel Hatfield rated it really liked it
Paula is a private detective and went to the police station to talk to Warren Wade who had been arrested for the murder of his ex fiance Sylvia. Sylvia had been killed three nights before with q fire poker that had warren’s fingerprints all over it. Sylvia told warren she didn’t love him any more and broke the engagement but Warren said she had been acting a little strange while she was telling him. Warren states he did not kill Sylvia and Paula believed him. Warren was a rich man who really did ...more
S.D.
Jul 02, 2010 S.D. rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
This is the continuing series of Ulysses Grove, FBI profiler. His is a strange and interesting life, with some weird African ju ju going on in his past. A serial killer has a unique connection to Ulysses and he is using that connection to draw Ulysses into his trap. At each crime scene there is a message for the profiler. He enlists the aid of a young FBI recruit to investigate Ulysses’ past while he investigates the serial killer. Edith Drinkwater can’t believe some of the stories she is hearin ...more
Liberty Abbott-Sylvester
Dec 22, 2012 Liberty Abbott-Sylvester rated it really liked it
Shelves: ulysses-grove
What a fantastic book. You can't help but feeling a connection with Uly Grove the main character. He is a very deep, emotional character and the mystery surrounding him keeps you reading late into the night.This book was a page turner. It was full of suspense and I couldn't wait until I got to the end. Jay Bonansinga has now become one of my favorite authors!
I realized after I started reading this that I had read one of the Uly Grove books a while back. I now plan on going back and reading the s
Jeremy
Jul 06, 2012 Jeremy rated it really liked it
One of my favorite things to do is go to a bookstore and pick up a book from a author that I've never heard of and that sounds interesting. This book was one of the best random picks I've ever had. The cases were so interesting and unique and I loved everything about this book. I need to read more by this author.
Tara
Aug 06, 2013 Tara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good. It kinda took me a while to really get in to it, but it was good. I really got into after like page 240 ... I don't usually finish reading books that don't really hold my attention well, but this was good & I am glad that I kept at it;)
Jan Aldergate
Mar 28, 2012 Jan Aldergate rated it it was ok
This was a little bit too far fetched. I didn't really get the main idea or why any of the stuff happened. I like thrillers and mysteries, don't mind a superhero character like Jack REacher etc, but this guy was just too much. Don't think I'll bother with any of the other ones.
Jade Herrera
Dec 04, 2012 Jade Herrera rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
I think it was ok. Though the book wasn't as great as I thought it would be I was still able to finish reading it. If you're into thriller novels with a hint of the supernatural and unexplainable powers then Perfect Victim is for you.
Theresa
Aug 20, 2012 Theresa rated it it was ok
Started out good and got way too off-the-wall weird at the end...
Patricia
Jan 10, 2009 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
Awesome thriller! Couldn't put it down and I can't wait to read the rest of the Ulysses Grove series that Bonansinga has wrote.
Richard
Jul 14, 2016 Richard rated it really liked it
Lots of insight to how profilers might work. The finish is a bit unbelievable
Amy
Jul 27, 2011 Amy rated it liked it
I will be hard pressed to read anymore of this authors books. there were too many issues of consistency in the book itself. I plan on sending the publisher a note about it.
Lagean  Ellis
Mar 06, 2012 Lagean Ellis rated it really liked it
Enoyed it.
Maryellen
Maryellen rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2016
Bev
Bev rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2010
Sheare Bliss
Sheare Bliss rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2014
Bill Holden
Bill Holden rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2012
Tonia
Tonia rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2012
Mark Giordano
Mark Giordano rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Sheila Myers
Sheila Myers rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2014
Catherine Finger
Catherine Finger rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Christa
Christa rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2009
Emma Reuling
Emma Reuling rated it did not like it
Dec 19, 2012
Ruthie
Ruthie rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Dead Ringer
  • The Next Killing
  • Chicken Soup for Every Mom's Soul: 101 New Stories of Love and Inspiration for Moms of All Ages
  • Sa Kasunod ng 909
  • Cold Justice (Kali O'Brien, #5)
  • Home for Christmas
  • Ruthless Game
  • Just Because It Isn't Wrong Doesn't Make It Right: Teaching Kids To Think And Act Ethically
  • Chill Waters
  • The Human Province
  • Prisoners of the North
  • The Butterfly Effect
  • Caspar Hauser
The national best-selling author of ten acclaimed books – both fiction and non-fiction -- Jay Bonansinga has been called “one of the most imaginative writers of thrillers” by the Chicago Tribune.

Jay is the holder of a master's degree in film from Columbia College Chicago, and currently resides in Evanston, Illinois, with his wife and two sons. He is also a visiting professor at Northwestern Unive
More about Jay Bonansinga...

Ulysses Grove (4 books)