Start by marking “Possessions” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Possessions

Judith Michael

Possessions

When Katherine Fraser's husband vanishes, she discovers that he has hidden his past from her...and when his wealthy family finds her and sweeps her into a world of power and luxury, the fearful, dependent wife is gradually transformed into a vibrant, glamorous woman. From San Francisco to Paris to the Cote d'Azur, Katherine tastes the romance and elegance of a world she ha ...more
Mass Market Paperback
Published by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Possessions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Possessions

Marian Perera
Sep 14, 2014 Marian Perera rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Possessions is my favorite Judith Michael novel. Maybe even my favorite when it comes to women’s fiction, period.

It’s a little dated. The book was published in 1984 and that shows, especially with the references to “Eskimos” and the mention of a computer with disc drives that everyone oohs and aahs over. But although the heroine becomes as beautiful, beloved, accomplished, etc. as any other Judith Michael female protagonist, she starts out on the opposite end of that scale. Which was what hooked
John Mcconahey
Whenever one finds the word “love” on a book jacket, stand by for a chick tale. Indeed, there is enough estrogen-produced mind probing contained within these pages to make one’s eyes occasionally glaze over. But the tale draws one into a series of interesting mini-plots and life styles that kept my curiosity continually contented.

Katherine Fraser, an orphaned naive Vancouver housewife married to a builder, suddenly finds herself alone with two children and no means of support. The unexplained di
Sheryl
Possessions has left me breathless and shocked when I reached the finale of the book... I love the novel from start to finish... The story was so absorbing, it really got me involved. Judith Michael was totally brilliant. Their book was so hard to put down. The couple behind this amazing novel has done an amazing job... Bravo!!!
Renie
Mar 17, 2016 Renie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katherine frasier's husband disappears and she learns about a wealthy family he is part of and who thought he had drowned 20 years before. A nice story about a world of power and luxury. It was published in the 80's. I bought it in a used book store and while I realize things like that don't happen it was fun to read
Manuela
Mar 03, 2011 Manuela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporaneo
Anche una piccola storia quotidiana può essere una bella storia. E' il caso di questo romanzo, che narra una storia semplice, di una donna che si ritrova sola ed abbandonata, ma che riesce a superare le avversità e a trovare il coraggio di rifarsi una vita, nonostante tutto.
Libby
Apr 23, 2009 Libby rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middling
I thought it was an average kind of story, set in both America and France with a theme of building - literally concerning a construction empire and metaphorically - the elements of what builds or destroys a family. A nice read for a distraction, nothing heavy.

Sue Getman
1960's Canada and USA. A jilted woman connects with her husband's wealthy and talented family - people she had no idea existed. She grows and develops relationships with her 2 kids as well as the new family members, one of whom is an architect.
BoekenTrol
Sep 13, 2012 BoekenTrol marked it as not_read_only_released  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to BoekenTrol by: Moem
From one of the book boxes that Moem sent to me. This is not really my kind of book, so I'm looking for a new home for it.
Rimzeth Dawood
Apr 12, 2013 Rimzeth Dawood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Survival and finding ones' inner strength when there is no hope to be seen around. Amazing book ;) Loved it.
Marianne
Apr 17, 2011 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Husband and wife team wrote this book, and I have liked every one I've read. Filled with filthy rich people with filthy rich problems. Always good for a plot.
Katherine
It has an interesting story line but falls short at the end. I could think of a dozen better endings.
Kathy Marker
Kathy Marker rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2014
 Martin
Martin rated it liked it
May 29, 2012
Bkworm68
Bkworm68 rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2013
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2009
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2008
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2011
Jen Six
Jen Six rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2010
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Lesa
Lesa rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2013
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Tammy Ashley
Tammy Ashley rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2015
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Janice Doty
Janice Doty rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Mara Pemberton
Mara Pemberton rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Linda Bangerter
Linda Bangerter rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Sharon Williams
Sharon Williams rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Cindi
Cindi rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2008
Barb
Barb rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2012
  • The Wild Rose
  • Dream Groom: Brides of Bradley House
  • A Glimpse of Stocking
  • All Smiles (Mayfair Square, #2)
  • Illusions
  • Sunflower (Storm Family, #1)
  • Together
  • My Lady Beloved
  • After Innocence (Delanza, #2)
  • Indiscreet
  • Emma's Secret (Emma Harte Saga #4)
  • Dakota (Andi Oliver, #2)
  • 101 avenue Henri Martin, 1942-1944 (La bicyclette bleue, #2)
Judith Michael is the pen name of husband/wife team Judith Barnard (b. 1934) and Michael Fain (b. 1937).
More about Judith Michael...