Start by marking “Sleeping Beauty” as Want to Read:
Sleeping Beauty

Sleeping Beauty

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  414 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Anne Garnett was a brilliant Los Angeles divorce lawyer -- tough, smart and untouchable. The vulnerable girl who had run away from her wealthy, influential family was hidden now behind the glossy facade of her high-powered career. Only the death of Anne's beloved grandfather could bring her back to the town he had built -- Tamarack, the Colorado playground of the rich and ...more
Published August 1st 1994 by Pocket Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping Beauty

Hannah
Adriana Melo
I really enjoyed this book. Although the beginning was hard to get through with what happened between little Anne and uncle Vince I needed and wanted to find out what happened next.
It is very easy to fall in love with some of the characters including Gail, Leo, Eleanor and of course Anne. It was also easy to hate certain characters. I enjoyed reading about the stages Anne went through to grow into the independent woman she became and I had huge respect for Josh who was patient with Anne but nev
Ti Seta
Mostly got a 4 because it was such a long book to read. It took a while to understand it. Otherwise it would have been around 3 - 3.5 stars. Simply because there were a few areas where it was rather slow and dull before a big or eventful occasion occurred. Ending was brilliant. It was one of the reasons why 4 stars would suit it entirely. It's one of those books that will leave an imprint on you. Make you see things through different perspectives/eyes. Makes you really sympathize with the main c ...more
Saharatos
This book was really well writen. I enjoyed reading the changes that occurred over time, but it could be offensive to some people and should only be read by mature adults. The title does not really give the book justice. I almost didnt read it because I didnt like the title.
Carol
Sep 15, 2009 Carol added it
I like this.
missemmamm
really good
Jody
2nd read. I did skim a lot of the Vince scheming since I remembered it, but I loved Josh and Anne and appreciated how slowly the authors allowed the romance to develop. Yes, it's dated in lots of ways, but I am glad the authors were brave enough avoid euphemisms for sex (Nora Roberts). I think I'll check out other books by this husband and wife team.
Kimberly
I picked this book up at a garage sale back when I was in 6th grade, because I thought it was actually about the fairy tale sleeping beauty lol. Ooooh how wrong I was lol. I got to the part that was "risque" (if you could say a rape scene is risque), got freaked out and vowed never to read that book again!
I decided, however, to read it when I was older and in high school lol, and it turned out to be a very intriguing book. Right up till the end anyway...everything was exciting and believable un
Lenny Husen
Very moving and also entertaining, one of the best "Chick Lit" books I've read. This is a story about a woman who was raped when she was 13 and about her long road to success and recovery. A worthy, important topic and very well written.
Debby Roberts
Worth ready. Easy to read and follow. Definitely kept my interest I call this type of book "Fluffy"
Nancy
Very long. I read on the beach. Tuff subject to read about. Would recommend.
Carly Movius
Normally, I find romance novels really cheasy and predictable. But, his particular one has a lot of suspence within the story.

I knew what would happen with the story and could predict what characters would do and what would happen in the up and coming chapters and pages, but I wanted to see how the plot and story was going to be carried out. It was definetly one of those books that is a page turner and written in a way that will draw you back to the book until you reach the end.
Emily
I would give this book 5 stars; however, I have to give it 4 because of some subject matter (child molestation) that should be implied and not explicitly detailed in the book. I know that is an integral part of the book, but I had to skim that portion because it was just too much for me. Other than this issue, this book was well written, kept a good pace, and held my attention until the end.
Kristy
I really enjoyed this book. It is mainly about a horrible subject that many people shy away from or don't go into details, but this author tackles it perfectly. The way the author writes the main character and how she ends up moving forward with her life after the horrendous event of her childhood is inspiring. I would definitely recommend this book to others.
Sharon
I've read a number of Judith Michael's books and while somewhat predictable they are always entertaining. This one had enough conflict going on to keep me turning the pages. While considered by most to be romantic suspense, the romance part is not overdone so that it feels like the mystery is thrown in as an afterthought.
Bj Hoover
I think I like this book best of the Judith Michael books I have read. Just reread it and found it quite intriguing. I would prefer all loose ends taken care of at the end, but one can't have everything. I guess life is like that! I like their style in writing.
Aimee
Oct 01, 2012 Aimee added it
This is one of my favorite books. It was so realistic and hearbreaking. I agree with one of the reviewers that the book should have focused more on Anne. Too much focus given to the politics story. I wish it also had a longer ending. A sequal would have been nice.
Dlittle
ok read about a girl from a well to do family gets molested by uncle and tells family and then leaves. She goes to school and becomes attorney and then reunites with family. Uncle has become state senator and has hopes to become president.
Manuela
Marianne
Couldn't put this book down. Some heavy reading in the beginning because of the subject matter, but the authors wrote poignantly about abuse, how it happened and what came of the characters because of a families "looking the other way".
Laura deLuna
why are none of the book synopsis things in English? the book description says its written in English but none of them are showing in English... theyre all in French or Spanish...
Debra
The beginning pulls you in then you want to continue to see what happens.
Once you get past the beginning the book seem drawn out.
Carolyn
Alot of books that I have read start off bad and I wonder if I want to keep reading them. But I enjoyed this from beginning to end.
Melissa
I really enjoy book from this husband/wife author team. This is interesting and well-written.

Gave to a friend
Mell
Another book from my mom's shelf that I read a few years back. It has all the elements of a made-for-tv movie.
Ray
This was a great story of family strife, good and bad, and all comes out in the end.
Raffaella
Un harmony con qualche intrigo e pagina in più. Da spiaggia.
Toni
this was an interesting book which i really enjoyed.
Adis Dewi
imo this book is boring :(
  • Dazzle
  • Within Reach
  • Owl Island: A Novel
  • Last Summer
  • Undone
  • Green Calder Grass (Calder Saga #6)
  • Sea Gypsy
  • At All Costs
  • Winter Garden (Winter Garden #2)
  • Three Complete Novels: Strangers/The Voice of the Night/The Mask
  • Dark Angel (Maplecreek, #3)
  • The Beautiful Being (The Being Trilogy #3)
  • 8.4
Judith Michael is the pen name of husband/wife team Judith Barnard (b. 1934) and Michael Fain (b. 1937).
More about Judith Michael...
Deceptions Inheritance A Tangled Web Pot of Gold A Ruling Passion