Start by marking “My Boyfriend's Back: Fifty True Stories of Reconnecting with a Long-Lost Love” as Want to Read:
My Boyfriend's Back: Fifty True Stories of Reconnecting with a Long-Lost Love

My Boyfriend's Back: Fifty True Stories of Reconnecting with a Long-Lost Love

3.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  27 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Poignant and funny, My Boyfriend’s Back captures the love story of former high school sweethearts Ed Oster and Donna Hanover—journalist, actress, and First Lady of New York City from 1994 to 2001—who, more than thirty years after their breakup, reconnected and married, becoming part of a twenty-first-century trend in relationships.

Combining expert advice with the stories

Published December 27th 2005 by Plume (first published January 13th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about My Boyfriend's Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Boyfriend's Back

Christy
Nov 13, 2009 Christy rated it it was ok
I saw this book at the dollar store and read a couple of the stories. They are true stories about love refound. It caught my interest and I bought it.
I loved reading about Carol Channing, who in her eighties reuninted with a childhood friend. It was a sweet love story.
Obviously, this isn't heavy reading, and I admit, I skipped through some of the stories, but it was kind of interesting.
Leticia
Oct 27, 2008 Leticia rated it liked it
No I didn't read this so I could find my long, lost boyfriend, but if you are looking for a fun book about relationships and love, this is a good read.
Valory
Mar 01, 2009 Valory rated it it was amazing
If you know me very well at all, you know why I loved this book...
Beth
Jan 16, 2012 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I have been reading a lot of truly great literature lately, so it feels almost unfair to compare this book. It is a fun little read about the phenomenon of high school and college sweethearts reuniting years later. My mom got it for me 7 years ago when I was becoming one of those people, reuniting with my college boyfriend to start our wonderful marriage and family in our 40s. Now my mom herself is one of those people, head over heels with a guy she dated one summer in college. I am putting the ...more
Mekye
Oct 23, 2014 Mekye rated it liked it
Some of the stories in this book captured my heart and the others stories not so interesting
Macey
Nov 30, 2011 Macey rated it liked it
Pretty intriguing thought...getting back together with an old boyfriend or girlfriend.
I think it could probably be great, but the potential for hurt is so powerful.
Sheila
Jan 25, 2010 Sheila rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-50-a-year
Part romance, part nostalgia. A delightful read that explores the phenomonum of finding and rekindling lost love.
Jennifer Daniel
Cute to the point of being nauseating at times. I cried at half the stories, I'm such a hopeless romantic.
Judy Steed
Feb 20, 2008 Judy Steed rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Judy by: My sisiter Ann
Unless your desperate, don't bother. You might like it if your single, widowed, divorced or board.
susieqlaw
susieqlaw marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Amber Fay
Amber Fay marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Dawn Lane
Dawn Lane marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Sherry
Sherry added it
Feb 14, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Michael Brown
Michael Brown rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
C.Halil Özdemir
C.Halil Özdemir marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Barbara Wetzell
Barbara Wetzell rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2014
Sabrina Harryram
Sabrina Harryram marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Grzesiek
Grzesiek marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Will Clarke
Will Clarke rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Gloria Silk
Gloria Silk marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Zam Pearson
Zam Pearson marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Alessa
Alessa rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2013
Ann Stahle wells
Ann Stahle wells rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2013
Joao Mabilini
Joao Mabilini marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Donna Hanover is an American journalist, radio and television personality, television producer, and actress, who is the morning show co-host for WOR radio in New York City and who also appears on the Food Network. She was First Lady of New York City as the then-wife of former New York City Mayor and 2008 U.S. presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani.
More about Donna Hanover...