Start by marking “Our Man in Vienna” as Want to Read:
Our Man in Vienna

Our Man in Vienna

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  4 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
The wit and charm that marked Our Man in Belize enlivens Richard Timothy Conroy's new "diplomatic memoir," in a posting that couldn't have a more different location. But the wheels of lower-level diplomacy, it turns out, turn at the same rate whatever the setting. Plucked from the cost of Central America and put down in post-World-War II Vienna, land of Der Rosencavalier a ...more
Published August 11th 2000 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about Our Man in Vienna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Man in Vienna

Susan
Jan 07, 2009 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Conroy's tales of his work as a consular official in Vienna in the 1950's and 60's are entertaining, especially for fans of his writing. He tried to help the people he worked with, foreigners looking for visas and US citizens looking for help, but their quirks did not make it easy. His main interests remain his beloved pianos, his family, and food. This book by an underrated writer has the appeal of listening to an entertaining raconteur relate his polished stories.
Will
Dec 03, 2013 Will rated it liked it
Well written memoir about a low-level government employee, with some entertaining, quirky stories. I picked it up because it was set in Vienna but would have enjoyed it regardless of setting.
Susan Fanale
Susan Fanale marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Cat
Cat rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2015
Karyn Spertzel
Karyn Spertzel rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2014
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2010