The Colour of Love

The Colour of Love

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  17 reviews
In thisnovel of painting, pretense, and the strange ways in which truth makes itself known, Nina loses her job, boyfriend, and faith in her guru in the space of 24 hours. Unable to tell her parents what has happened, she puts on a suit every day and pretends to go to work. What she's really doing is escaping to a studio, where she begins to paint for the first time in year...more
Published October 1st 2006 by HarperCollins UK

To ask other readers questions about The Colour of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Colour of Love

Light, improbable chick flick. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Keksisbaby
Nina ist 27 Jahre alt. Anwältin für Künstler und hat eine funktionierende Beziehung. Alles bestens, wäre nicht ihre beste Freundin an Krebs gestorben und hätte ihr nicht auf dem Sterbebett das Versprechen abgenommen, das Leben intensiv zu leben. Dem gegenüber stehen jedoch die starren Regeln und Erwartungen von Ninas indischen Eltern. Als ihr endlich der Kragen platzt und sie dadurch den Job in der Kanzlei verliert, beschließt sie etwas für sich zu tun und zu malen. Dabei hilft ihr die schicksal...more
Marianne
Beyond Indigo is the third novel by British/Indian author, Preethi Nair. It has also been published under the title The Colour of Love. When 27-year-old Nina Savani finds herself unemployed, her fiancé Jean Michel with another woman, a Guru sexually assaulting her and finally accepting that her best friend Kirelli is dead, she gets engaged. To a prospect the Indian marriage mart in London deems suitable. Her parents are overjoyed, but Nina starts to live a double life, indulging in her life-long...more
Ferina
Buku ini awalnya mirip-mirip For Matrimonial Purposes (Cinta kan Datang) - Kavita Daswani (GPU, Juli 2004). Cerita tentang gadis keturunan India yang harus ‘berperang’ dengan hatinya, apa mau ngikutin kata hatinya yang pengen bebas, atau ngikutin adat istiadat India, yang mengharuskan dia segera dijodohkan dengan cowok India yang sama sekali gak dia sukai.

Kalo akhirnya di For Matrimonial Purposes, Anju ketemu sama jodohnya yang orang India juga. Beda sama Nina Savani. Konflik di buku ini juga ga...more
Priyanka Shelatkar
A fun chick-lit book about a girl in London. Easy to read without any high melodrama.
Conny
Typical chick-lit. Set in London. Good read for a crowded train ride or flight, or for an evening when you just want to read for fun without spending hours trying to figure out what is going on in the novel. Has everything one would expect from chick-lit: broken hearts, betrayal, breakdown, picking up the pieces and start over, new man, probably new love, tool.
Lombe
I wasn't sure about it at first because of the way it started. A guru??? But I ploughed on and it was worth it! The whole bit about her being a lawyer wasn't very believeable and she probably should have expanded/used that a bit more. Parts of it were funny and its well written.
Sihle
Very interesting. Learnt a lot about the culture of Hindu's. Thought heroine's struggle to break free of her cultural shackles and find her own companion and her own self was very entertaining.
Michelle Patry
I couldn't even tell you why but I adore this book. It's nothing special and maybe it's just me it speaks to but my copy is so dog eared from re-reading it I may need to hunt down a new one.
Anne
Feb 18, 2009 Anne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone believing in his/her dreams.
Wow! The message of this story: "If you ever have doubts about beeing successful or which way you should choose, just listen to your heart and follow your dreams!"
Andrea
This book came highly recommended by my friend, who passed it to me, it made me cry with laughter, and also feel upset at times, it was brilliant! Read it!
Jacq Attaq
an indian girl in London, held back by tradition. A delightfully funny and imaginative tale of self promotion and preservation
Ilonita50
Good humour, funny, and interesting, plus absolutely classy painting descriptions..
Aileen
What a lovely novel. Had such a laugh. Will definitely look out for more of her novels
Aastha
Loved it. I read it ages ago and its close to my heart.
Annalise
A nice, relaxing, feel-good bit of chick lit.
Manisha
Manisha marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Farah
Farah marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Nyk Vasudeva
Nyk Vasudeva marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Book-a-Holic
Book-a-Holic marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
best site to order books from in india? 1 3 Aug 19, 2012 03:40AM
One Hundred Shades of White Gypsy Masala Der Duft der Farben The Colour of Love 100 Shades of White