Start by marking “The List: A Love Story in 781 Chapters” as Want to Read:
The List: A Love Story in 781 Chapters

The List: A Love Story in 781 Chapters

The blind date with a gluten allergy. The ex who can't stop talking about the French girlfriend who dumped him. The cute young bartender who knows how to make a Manhattan straight up. And, of course, Mr. Right—who looks like Liam Neeson, writes poetry like e.e. cummings, plays the guitar like Jimmy Page. Until he turns out to be a complete and total jerk.

Narrated in 781 ch
Published April 27th 2006 by Workman Publishing Company (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The List

Amanda
Jun 22, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Cute and clever, but left a little to be desired. This was a very quick read (under an hour, max) and was one of those books I read and went "yup, that's happened to me..." or "been there..." on more than one occasion. It read quickly and was very easy to follow. Only thing I didn't really like about it was the lack of any back story/personalization of the character. But then again, I suppose I saw a lot of myself in the chapters, so that works too. One I would recommend to friends for a quick r ...more
Meagan
May 06, 2009 Meagan rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, chick-lit
Essentially, this was a cute chick lit story told in a really gimmicky way. The 781 chapters of the story are each approximately one sentence in length. It makes for a choppy story, but the ideas get across just fine. In a few cases, the unusual format actually makes for some really funny moments. On the whole, though, I wouldn't go out of my way for it. It could be a good fast beach read, or a good book to pick up when you have absolutely no time for reading, but other than that, not much speci ...more
Faa
Oct 11, 2011 Faa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was laughing out loud when read this book. It is funny in a way, yet somewhere in the book, it will not fail to touch our heart, especially those single women out there.
You can never use the book as your guidance in finding love, but it can be a perfect checklist for you.
I like it nonetheless, despite of the bitter truth in it and thanks to the author for making me laughing out loud for being single! ;-)
Gina -   Behind the Pages
A great short read and a brilliant pick-me-up. We even go along with what she says and pick which we would do ourselves. We even laugh at how true some of the answers that are written are. A clever and witty way to have chapters in this book/novella.
Anastasia
Aug 27, 2013 Anastasia rated it it was ok
'The List' is a cute, entertaining and quick read. the author managed to actually make a book using the list concept. It does draw the reader into the entire experience of dating, loving, and losing the one you thought you loved.
Christina
Jul 04, 2008 Christina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008-reads
Hilarious =) Read this while waiting for my parents in the supermarket (I bought it at a book sale for $7) and it definitely passed the time. I think we're all guilty of at least one of the 'chapters' in this book... hahaha. =P
Cik Aini
Sep 17, 2010 Cik Aini rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2010
I read this less in 1 hour. A quick witty read, somehow I can relate few chapters in the book. I think most of us are guilty and can relate to the events depicted in the story :P. Short but funny :)
Jessica Frost
Mar 15, 2015 Jessica Frost rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
concise and hilarious. I'm definitely going to share with my girlfriends
Danielle
Aug 18, 2008 Danielle rated it it was amazing
This is a must have for any dating woman! So funny that I was laughing out loud as I read it. Short read, seems a bit like a child's book but just so funny!
Derya
Dec 27, 2011 Derya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unique writing technique, short, easy and hilarious! This book would be most useful when you're having a bad day, a break up or PMS-ing.
Sally
May 02, 2009 Sally rated it liked it
Shelves: funny, chick-lit
Quick, cute, and gimmicky. If you liked Bridget Jones you'd probably get a bit of a kick out of this.
Rosalind M
A little chocolate of a book. Some moments of amusement, a smile, and then it's finished.
Melanie
Dec 01, 2008 Melanie rated it really liked it
Takes about 15 very fun minutes to read - funny and very true and very cute.
Safron Mitchelson
Mar 03, 2009 Safron Mitchelson rated it really liked it
Fab little girlie read, written in a unique format.
Meg
Sep 11, 2007 Meg rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Patti, Tuyet
Shelves: 2007
Three cheers for the meta-fiction/romance novel!
Katrina Bocage simpson
I finished it in one day! Easy read,kinda cute.
Vids
Feb 06, 2013 Vids added it
LOVED IT.
Amanda
Amanda added it
Sep 24, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Sujata
Sujata rated it it was ok
Aug 29, 2016
Adriane
Adriane marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Azaera Amza
Azaera Amza rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Shellee
Shellee marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Robin Mandell
Robin Mandell marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2015
Teenage Nothing
Teenage Nothing rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2015