Wet Moments
read book

Wet Moments

3.01 of 5 stars 3.01  ·  rating details  ·  244 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Poems by Belinda Subraman and photographs by Cheryl Townsend. Published from Didi Menendez' desk.
Published November 13th 2008 by Didi Menendez (www.mipoesias.com)

To ask other readers questions about Wet Moments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wet Moments

Oranges & Sardines by Bob HicokOranges & Sardines Issue 3, Winter 2008 by Lucille CliftonMipoesias by Emma TrellesAlchetry by Diego QuirosAmerican Flamingo by Suzanne Frischkorn
GOSS183::MIPOESIAS
6th out of 98 books — 11 voters
Zero Summer by Andrew Demcak672 Hours by Andrew DemcakMultiverse by Cheryl SnellNarcissus Resists by Matthew HittingerAfter the Strawberry by Kathryn Pope
Best "E"
8th out of 34 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Suzanne Moore
I read this ebook today while I was eating breakfast. The cover and title may lead you to think this an erotic book. Actually it is a tasteful collection of poetry. There are expressions about love, life and relationships, but nothing I would call explict. Here is a sample verse from the title poem.

My hands reach out in water
grasping for the soul of the sea.
I reach out the way a fish breathes
inspired by the trying,
satisfied for moving closer
to knowing the flow around me.

I like Belinda's style .....more
Rebecca A. Rogers
The title would suggest something other than what this is--a collection of poetry. This was a short read, with poems about life, how we live, and how we affect those around us. Of course, this is my opinion only. Poetry is like art: Everyone sees/reads it differently.

My favorite poem in this collection was "No Absolutes," especially the line about "we are all misunderstood, even by ourselves." Too true.

The sound of the human voice
like the bell ring of metal
and crisp air under grey skies—
romanti
Heba Ghandy
A Simple Poems and a deep One Too .

I Like this One So Much ..
" No absolute ..
The sound of the human voice
like the bell ring of metal
and crisp air under grey skies—
romantic yet ominous—
Don’t worry about contradictions.
No one is innocent.
No one is guilty.
We are all misunderstood
even by ourselves.
Yet when we know love
we know everything. "

Simply I Like it .
Sharon
You can read it right now on GR!

well, I'm sorry but this one just wasn't for me. I didn't like the poems- they simply didn't speak to me.

The photos were okay but I've seen better, and for some reason I was left simply annoyed.

Maybe poetry is just not for me...
Natalie
Terrible, terrible and just plain terrible. The photography was poor and didn't connect with the poetry itself and the poetry lacked images to keep you connected to what the author was trying to convey.
Jen
Wet Moments by - Belinda Subramam. The front cover of this book, makes it seem like its going to be all about sex, but its actually not. I like how the author wrote the poems that connected through nature and lust at the same time. At times, some of the poems got me wondering like: "what does this mean?" I thought this poem book was good, but could have been longer. I would give kudos for strong, meaningful mood, and effort throughout the authors style of writing poems. In my language art class...more
Fabian
Wet Moments - by Belinda Subraman
When I first saw the cover of this book I thought it was about sex and romance. To my surprise it was a beautiful collection of poetry. The colorful selection of words wrapped with pictures of black and white, made this book an interesting read. The poems that stood out to me were “Zen Sex” and “No Absolutes”.
Meen
Nov 13, 2008 Meen marked it as to-read
Recommended to Meen by: Félix
Shelves: la-poesie
Umm, the title and the cover pic. How could I resist?! Thanks, Larry!
Batool Chams
Words subtle and quiet yet ring so loudly with familiarity and depth as if attempting to get down to roots of vast gated territories as love and existence, the vastness and complication of thought, influence. Short yet too memorable with a very unique clash of descriptive, a lot of troughs and peaks, from the simple zeal of nature, a lake, the branches of a tree to existence, body, lust and soul.
I like how Belinda personified the mind, the thirst, hunger, wrestling for satisfaction.
Some thoughts...more
Alisa
Ok.. this is a collection of poetry.. I thought it was erotica.. guess who was surprised ;)
anyway.. Not a lot of these poems spoke to me the way they did to others but I liked the majority of them. Some made no sense to me but there were a few that even if the whole poem didn't sit with me, a few verses did. All in all it was nice
Caroline Åsgård
Hmmm.. No.

The layout of the ebook was terrible, and took forever to load.
Some of the photographs were fascinating, but..
And the poems didn't really blow me away.

But it wasn't long, so it wasn't THAT a waste of time.
Embracing
Wet Moments was simple but colorful.

Quantum Friends

Awakened by wind,

thirsty and mystified

by the worm holes of truth. If atoms are probability patterns effected by relationships then truly we infuse

objects with meaning.

A keepsake is a bridge

to the inner and outer worlds. The sensations we feel

sitting next to a friend or stranger

is the reading of energy through shared atmosphere and atoms.

Our friends through cables and computer screens

are as real as the light and sound waves

we alter th...more
Hyacinth
I liked the pictures but I did not connect with the poetry.
Tiana
Just a really short collection of poetry. Not altogether that good, in my opinion, minus one poem near the end that caught my attention, and I used a quote from it on my profile page. Some of the photography is much better than the poems. Subraman seemed to be trying to be a little bit too mystical at times. So... if you really like poetry, you should read it; if you don't, don't waste your time.
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
I find Poetry very interesting,though sometimes some poems made me wonder what she was talking about.I loved the way the background had pictures,The front cover of the book made it seem like it was going to be an erotic book but it wasn't,which is good.I love Dog Day Afternoon,Wet moments and The sensations poems.Come to think of it,they were all awesome.Good stuff.
Angie
Wet Moments by Belinda Subraman was a very enjoyable quick read. I read it during my morning coffee. It's a collection of very sweet, emotion filled poems that give the reader much to think about. Some of them are so sentimental that you can't stop reading them over and over again. If you are a lover of poetry that hold a lot of meaning, this book is for you.
Slayermel
Aug 24, 2009 Slayermel rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys poetry and photography
This was a free e-book that I stumbled across and the cover grabbed my attention. It's a short collection of poems and some beautiful photography. I actually enjoyed the photography more then the poetry, none of it really spoke to me, but that's the way with poetry isn't it. :0) I did like "the ancient Indian metaphor" though, very well put.

Sylvia
The cover and title of the book make me think this an erotic thoughts. But, This is a collection of short poems about human emotion with some beautiful photography by "Cheryl Townsend".

My favorite poem: "Dog Day Afternoon", "Sensations II", "No Absolutes", and "Quantum Friends".
Dec 27, 2011 Laura rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
This was a nice quick little read of poems. My favourites were Quantum Friend and No Absolutes. :)

The two stars do not mean it was bad, just that it was short and not my normal kind of read. But I liked it.
Merary
Don't let the cover fool you; there's not sex.

These poems are short and sweet in a thoughtful way. It's mostly about nature and human emotion.

It's quick to read, but it will make you stop and reflect about life.
Casey
Found this in the free eBooks section, The cover initially caught my attention.. The poetry is very mystic and beautiful.. My favorite poem was 'Dog Day Afternoon'. ^__^
Katie
I really liked the photos in this book and some of the poems were really good.All and all it was ok I liked the cover and it was a free eread. Short but interesting.
Stormy
Hooked by the name and the cover photo, I was pleased to find the poetry inside is also erotic but stylishly and delicately so.
Hind
What was that!? Not the type of poetry I find enjoyable. Skimmed through the 18 page book in 15 minutes.
Kathryn
This was ok. Nothing special really. The photos were nice but I didn't really enjoy the poetry.
Vinay Kumar
i don't want to be critical BUT........what does the poems represent.........NOTHING
Eng. Salah
Actually it is a tasteful collection of poetry.It's not an erotic book though.
Wendy
Not to bad, have read better books of poems.
Badar
nice books
Marco
There's some good and interesting poems.
  • Vodka for Breakfast
  • Sărmanul Dionis
  • Aloud: Voices from the Nuyorican Poets Cafe
  • Lucifer at the Starlite: Poems
  • Strong is Your Hold
Blue Rooms, Black Holes, White Lights The Gulf War: Many Perspectives (Gypsy) Voces Fronterizas: The Border Voices Literary Festival Anthology Finding Reality in Myth: Travels with Belinda Earth Tones: Creative Perspectives on Ecological Issues (Gypsy)

“Our friends through cables and computer screens are as real as the light and sound waves we alter through thought.” 7 likes
“Don’t worry about contradictions.

No one is innocent.