Start by marking “Wet Moments” as Want to Read:
Wet Moments

Read Book

Wet Moments

Poems by Belinda Subraman and photographs by Cheryl Townsend. Published from Didi Menendez' desk.
Published November 13th 2008 by Didi Menendez (www.mipoesias.com)

To ask other readers questions about Wet Moments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wet Moments

Oranges & Sardines by Bob HicokOranges & Sardines Issue 3, Winter 2008 by Lucille CliftonMipoesias by Emma TrellesAlchetry by Diego QuirosAmerican Flamingo by Suzanne Frischkorn
GOSS183::MIPOESIAS
52 books — 10 voters
Zero Summer by Andrew Demcak672 Hours by Andrew DemcakMultiverse by Cheryl SnellNarcissus Resists by Matthew HittingerAlbion Imperilled by Ruth  Thomas
Best "E"
34 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Suzanne Moore
Jul 24, 2009 Suzanne Moore rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry, ebooks
I read this ebook today while I was eating breakfast. The cover and title may lead you to think this an erotic book. Actually it is a tasteful collection of poetry. There are expressions about love, life and relationships, but nothing I would call explict. Here is a sample verse from the title poem.

My hands reach out in water
grasping for the soul of the sea.
I reach out the way a fish breathes
inspired by the trying,
satisfied for moving closer
to knowing the flow around me.

I like Belinda's style ..
Heba Ghandy
Aug 21, 2011 Heba Ghandy rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
A Simple Poems and a deep One Too .

I Like this One So Much ..
" No absolute ..
The sound of the human voice
like the bell ring of metal
and crisp air under grey skies—
romantic yet ominous—
Don’t worry about contradictions.
even by ourselves.
Yet when we know love
we know everything. "

Simply I Like it .
Rebecca A. Rogers
Jun 30, 2011 Rebecca A. Rogers rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
The title would suggest something other than what this is--a collection of poetry. This was a short read, with poems about life, how we live, and how we affect those around us. Of course, this is my opinion only. Poetry is like art: Everyone sees/reads it differently.

My favorite poem in this collection was "No Absolutes," especially the line about "we are all misunderstood, even by ourselves." Too true.

The sound of the human voice
like the bell ring of metal
and crisp air under grey skies—
romanti
Zainab
Sep 17, 2014 Zainab rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
"Don’t worry about contradictions.
even by ourselves."
Sharon L
Jul 29, 2013 Sharon L rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2013, poems
You can read it right now on GR!

well, I'm sorry but this one just wasn't for me. I didn't like the poems- they simply didn't speak to me.

The photos were okay but I've seen better, and for some reason I was left simply annoyed.

Maybe poetry is just not for me...
Natalie
Jun 13, 2010 Natalie rated it did not like it
Terrible, terrible and just plain terrible. The photography was poor and didn't connect with the poetry itself and the poetry lacked images to keep you connected to what the author was trying to convey.
Jen
Feb 18, 2010 Jen rated it liked it
Wet Moments by - Belinda Subramam. The front cover of this book, makes it seem like its going to be all about sex, but its actually not. I like how the author wrote the poems that connected through nature and lust at the same time. At times, some of the poems got me wondering like: "what does this mean?" I thought this poem book was good, but could have been longer. I would give kudos for strong, meaningful mood, and effort throughout the authors style of writing poems. In my language art class ...more
Fabian
Nov 25, 2011 Fabian rated it liked it
Wet Moments - by Belinda Subraman
When I first saw the cover of this book I thought it was about sex and romance. To my surprise it was a beautiful collection of poetry. The colorful selection of words wrapped with pictures of black and white, made this book an interesting read. The poems that stood out to me were “Zen Sex” and “No Absolutes”.
Sylvia
Dec 26, 2012 Sylvia rated it liked it
The cover and title of the book make me think this an erotic thoughts. But, This is a collection of short poems about human emotion with some beautiful photography by "Cheryl Townsend".

My favorite poem: "Dog Day Afternoon", "Sensations II", "No Absolutes", and "Quantum Friends".
Embracing
Jul 27, 2012 Embracing rated it liked it
Shelves: finish
Wet Moments was simple but colorful.

Quantum Friends

Awakened by wind,

thirsty and mystified

by the worm holes of truth. If atoms are probability patterns effected by relationships then truly we infuse

objects with meaning.

A keepsake is a bridge

to the inner and outer worlds. The sensations we feel

sitting next to a friend or stranger

is the reading of energy through shared atmosphere and atoms.

Our friends through cables and computer screens

are as real as the light and sound waves

we alter th
Tiana
Jun 17, 2011 Tiana rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
Just a really short collection of poetry. Not altogether that good, in my opinion, minus one poem near the end that caught my attention, and I used a quote from it on my profile page. Some of the photography is much better than the poems. Subraman seemed to be trying to be a little bit too mystical at times. So... if you really like poetry, you should read it; if you don't, don't waste your time.
Alisa
Mar 08, 2014 Alisa rated it liked it
Ok.. this is a collection of poetry.. I thought it was erotica.. guess who was surprised ;)
anyway.. Not a lot of these poems spoke to me the way they did to others but I liked the majority of them. Some made no sense to me but there were a few that even if the whole poem didn't sit with me, a few verses did. All in all it was nice
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
Jan 19, 2013 Monica Akinyi Odhiambo rated it really liked it
I find Poetry very interesting,though sometimes some poems made me wonder what she was talking about.I loved the way the background had pictures,The front cover of the book made it seem like it was going to be an erotic book but it wasn't,which is good.I love Dog Day Afternoon,Wet moments and The sensations poems.Come to think of it,they were all awesome.Good stuff.
Slayermel
Aug 24, 2009 Slayermel rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys poetry and photography
This was a free e-book that I stumbled across and the cover grabbed my attention. It's a short collection of poems and some beautiful photography. I actually enjoyed the photography more then the poetry, none of it really spoke to me, but that's the way with poetry isn't it. :0) I did like "the ancient Indian metaphor" though, very well put.

Dec 27, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011-12-13
This was a nice quick little read of poems. My favourites were Quantum Friend and No Absolutes. :)

The two stars do not mean it was bad, just that it was short and not my normal kind of read. But I liked it.
Merary
Dec 24, 2012 Merary rated it liked it
Shelves: poems, adult
Don't let the cover fool you; there's not sex.

These poems are short and sweet in a thoughtful way. It's mostly about nature and human emotion.

It's quick to read, but it will make you stop and reflect about life.
Caroline Åsgård
Jul 02, 2014 Caroline Åsgård rated it did not like it
Hmmm.. No.

The layout of the ebook was terrible, and took forever to load.
Some of the photographs were fascinating, but..
And the poems didn't really blow me away.

But it wasn't long, so it wasn't THAT a waste of time.
Badar
Dec 20, 2013 Badar rated it it was amazing
nice books
Fariha Alim
Aug 06, 2013 Fariha Alim rated it liked it
nice
Hind
Jul 09, 2012 Hind rated it did not like it
What was that!? Not the type of poetry I find enjoyable. Skimmed through the 18 page book in 15 minutes.
Spuzmai Achickzay
Mar 26, 2015 Spuzmai Achickzay rated it did not like it
The only poem interesting is 'No Absolutes'. Rest all are not that great. The contents are not at all erotic as the cover page so don't pick up this book if you think otherwise :) ;)
Marco
Dec 10, 2012 Marco rated it liked it
There's some good and interesting poems.
Paty Mtz
light poetry for a quiet day.
Hyacinth
Feb 26, 2014 Hyacinth rated it it was ok
I liked the pictures but I did not connect with the poetry.
Stormy
Feb 11, 2013 Stormy rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Hooked by the name and the cover photo, I was pleased to find the poetry inside is also erotic but stylishly and delicately so.
Katie
Mar 18, 2011 Katie rated it it was ok
I really liked the photos in this book and some of the poems were really good.All and all it was ok I liked the cover and it was a free eread. Short but interesting.
m0hamm3d
its not what it looks like
Yayame
Nov 01, 2010 Yayame rated it really liked it
A Poems!!!wow
Kathryn
Dec 07, 2009 Kathryn rated it it was ok
This was ok. Nothing special really. The photos were nice but I didn't really enjoy the poetry.
Casey
Dec 13, 2009 Casey rated it liked it
Found this in the free eBooks section, The cover initially caught my attention.. The poetry is very mystic and beautiful.. My favorite poem was 'Dog Day Afternoon'. ^__^
  • Ode to Happiness
  • Resident Evil: Retribution - The Official Movie Novelization
  • Schimbarea la față a României
  • The Tyger
  • Jimmy & Rita
  • I'm the Man Who Loves You
  • Resident Evil: Extinction
  • Асфальт
  • It's Happy Bunny: Life. Get One.
  • 60 Years Later: Coming Through the Rye
  • Tinereţe fără bătrâneţe şi viaţă fără de moarte
  • Ghidul nesimţitului
  • Мне тебя обещали
  • Mono no Aware
  • The Unwords: Exposing The Dishonest Language of a Culture in Decline
  • Plumb
  • Старуха Изергиль
  • Postmodern American Poetry: A Norton Anthology

“Our friends through cables and computer screens are as real as the light and sound waves we alter through thought.” 8 likes
“Don’t worry about contradictions.

even by ourselves.