Start by marking “Tell It to Naomi” as Want to Read:
Tell It to Naomi

Tell It to Naomi

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  148 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Dave Rosen has a secret. “Naomi,” the wise, witty, always-on-target, female writer behind his high school’s hit advice column, is, well, him. A native New Yorker who likes secondhand CD shops, The Simpsons, and meatball heroes.

A kid like him doesn’t have all the answers. He doesn’t even have most of the answers. Dave only got himself dragged into this fiasco to help out hi
Published June 8th 2004 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Tell It to Naomi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell It to Naomi

Katie Young
Katie Young
Humor

Dave Rosen, an insightful teenager, lives with his mother, aunt and big sister Naomi who just graduated from college and is searching for a job as a journalist. Naomi helps her brother get the job as an advice journalist in school as well as lending him her name. This he hopes will endear him to his love interest, Celeste Fanucci who is the new girl in school. The advice column goes well. However, this deceit comes with consequences as Dave eventually must tell the truth and be h
Sara
3.5 stars. Dave's a high school sophomore with a crush on a new senior girl, Celeste. When Celeste talks to Dave's older sister, Naomi, who's trying to launch her own journalism career, and mentions that she used to write an advice column for her old school's paper, Dave decides that perhaps writing an advice column for his school paper would be a good way to win her over. Only problem is, when Naomi pitches the advice column idea to the school's journalism advisor (her ex-boyfriend), he believe ...more
Marie Cataquet
David is a 15yr old sophomore that lives with his mom, aunt and sister in New York. David has a crush on a new student Celeste who is a senior. When David sister Naomi suggest he writes a advice column for his school newspaper he thinks its the perfect plan to make Celeste fall in love with him.
I like how its a good coming of age story and it is written funny.
Cute! Chick lit for boys. Kind of. In a harebrained scheme concocted by his neurotic older sister to forge a romantic relationship with the girl of his dreams, fifteen-year-old Dave Rosen pretends to be a female advice columnist for his school newspaper.
Ann
High school sophomore Dave Rosen starts writing an advice column in his school's paper to get to know a senior girl he has a crush on - but everyone thinks that the column is written by his sister, Naomi. Humorous light fare.
Amber
Mar 30, 2008 Amber rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2008
Quick and easy read. Cute teen book. About a boy who becomes an advice columnist to win over a girl, but uses his sister's name to do it. (small) Hijinks ensue and everyone learns a lesson. I enjoyed it.
Katie
Actually, I read this book on a dare...a couple of friends and i went to the library and dared each other to check out and read these books, but surprisingly, i really liked this one....
Naomi
Jan 21, 2011 Naomi rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011

I had to read this, just because of the title. It was a decent premise and had lots of promise, but was pretty poorly executed. The story and characters weren't fleshed out.
Nicole
I loved this book, especially since Dave is portrayed as a boy in touch with his feminine side. There aren't a lot of books that do this any more without over doing it.
Clarissa Candrian
A little confusing at first since this edition, the Indonesian translated one, doesn't use "he" or "she". So it's hard to tell the gender, who's who and all.
Daniel
Sebuah teenlit yang sebenarnya tidak terlalu menarik ya kalau boleh jujur saja. Hanya cukup menghibur.
Sarah Hopkins
This book was awesome. I really liked it. I'm so surprised that I finished it.
Elle
This book is good, but I don't like it's ending.
Reita
Reita added it
Apr 27, 2015
Chelsea Mays
Chelsea Mays marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Clarissa Cuellar
Clarissa Cuellar marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Avery
Avery marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Mary Bronson
Mary Bronson marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Melyssa Canonico
Melyssa Canonico marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
James Boley
James Boley marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Soraya saffouri
Soraya saffouri marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
  • The Alison Rules
  • Sophie Pitt-Turnbull Discovers America
  • What's French For "Ew"? (Emily, #3)
  • Rob&Sara.com
  • Crunch Time
  • The Parallel Universe of Liars
  • The Beguilers
  • Devil on My Heels
  • Oh Baby!
  • Retribution (Triskelia, #2)
  • The Hunter: A Detective Takako Otomichi Mystery
  • Stealing Princes
  • Night Flying
  • The Glass Cafe: Or the Stripper and the State; How My Mother Started a War with the System That Made Us Kind of Rich and a Little Bit Famous
  • The Opposite of Invisible
  • Biological Psychology
  • Fix
  • The Rise and Fall of a 10th Grade Social Climber
Daniel Ehrenhaft is the author of several dozen books for children and young adults—so many books, in fact, that he has lost count. He has often written under the pseudonym Daniel Parker (his middle name, which is easier to spell and pronounce than his last), and occasionally Erin Haft. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife Jessica, as well as a scruffy dog named Gibby and a psychotic cat named Boots ...more
More about Daniel Ehrenhaft...
The Last Dog on Earth 10 Things to Do Before I Die Friend Is Not a Verb Dirty Laundry Drawing a Blank: Or How I Tried to Solve a Mystery, End a Feud, and Land the Girl of My Dreams

“Somehow, at some point, I'd developed a serious problem. I'd started handling every single situation exactly the way it shouldn't be handled.” 2 likes
“No matter what, that friendship is real. No matter how much you dissect it, or talk about it, or analyze it, it'll always be real.” 1 likes