Start by marking “Indecent Behavior” as Want to Read:
Indecent Behavior

Caryl Rivers

Indecent Behavior

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Sally and Jack, like a modern-day Tracy and Hepburn, wisecrack their way through the intrigue and terror of a hi-tech suspense story.
Published May 31st 1990 by Dutton Books

To ask other readers questions about Indecent Behavior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indecent Behavior

Jenni
Indecent Behavior is a re-release of a 1990 thriller by Caryl Rivers. It follows two investigative journalists who stumble upon a secret human experiment which has deadly consequences.

For me Indecent Behavior shows its age, and this really drags the book down. There is a huge focus on class and background, with ethnic slurs like spic, nigger and yankee used so liberally that they lose any real impact. The two lead characters seem obsessed with their class/ethnicity and those of others, and this
Tome

Philip
A nice ride through an investigative journalists run in with a conspiracy. Some of the Jewish WASP references didn't work for me in the UK but I'm sure they meant more to a Boston or at least US Based audience. Nice bit of sci-fi thrown in without turning it into a true sci-fi thriller. Some nice plot surprises but the main twists were fairly obvious a long way out.

One bit that was better than average was the grown up approach to the key relationship, adults having sex - whatever next.
Katie
May 18, 2008 Katie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the author
enjoyed the perspective of a crime beat journalist - combined the investigative stuff I have grown to enjoy thanks to my husband and the journalism I once thought I wanted as a career. more enjoyable than "intimate enemies," I think because the subject intersted me more - but I still find it facinating to read books that Rivers wrote in the early '80s that almost predict what life is like in America today. either nothing has changed or her foresight was impecable.
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Hulltech
Hulltech marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Josh Hodge
Josh Hodge marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Richard Jasmin
Richard Jasmin marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Tacicia Bryan
Tacicia Bryan marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Todd Evans
Todd Evans marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Caroline Sanzo
Caroline Sanzo marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Pete Miller
Pete Miller marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Steffee
Steffee marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Emma Cotton
Emma Cotton marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Caryl Rivers has been called “one of the brightest voices in contemporary fiction.” Her novel VIRGINS was an international critical success, published in the US, UK, Sweden, Germany and Japan. It was on many best seller lists and in paperback (Pocket Books) sold more than a million copies. Her novels deal with American women trying to find a foothold in a rapidly changing world.

She is a nationally
More about Caryl Rivers...
Virgins Girls Forever Brave and True The New Soft War on Women: How the Myth of Female Ascendance Is Hurting Women, Men and Our Economy The Truth about Girls and Boys: Challenging Toxic Stereotypes about Our Children Selling Anxiety: How the News Media Scare Women