Start by marking “Revisit, Reflect, Retell: Time-Tested Strategies for Teaching Reading Comprehension” as Want to Read:

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  26 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
"I cannot imagine being a teacher and not having a resource like this at my fingertips. So my advice to fellow teachers is to get the book and get busy engaging your students in ways you never thought possible." - P. David Pearson University of California, Berkeley "This updated edition of Revisit, Reflect, Retell "incorporates the newest approaches to enhancing students' ...more
Published November 13th 2008 by Heinemann

To ask other readers questions about Revisit, Reflect, Retell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revisit, Reflect, Retell

Alvera
Dec 28, 2012 Alvera rated it really liked it
My book is now filled with Post-its flagging strategies that I want to try with my students. :) There are sections about scaffolding reading, having conversations about books, oral retelling, written reflections, and informational texts. There are so many different ideas that the mind boggles to choose just one or two to try out. I have used the two-word strategy in art class and found it to be a quick, effective way to invite discussion about a topic. Some of the other strategies that I think w ...more
Suey343
May 05, 2009 Suey343 rated it liked it
I was excited to read through this book to see what activities and reading strategies it had to offer. There were some really good activities, but most of them were designated for students who are critical thinkers. If you are working with students who have difficulty reading, you would have to modify these lessons to meet your student's needs.
Aug 31, 2013 Laura added it
This book is full of great strategies for teaching reading in the classroom. However, many of the strategies can be used in the content areas as well. I've already put to use several of the strategies this year. So far my favorite and my students' favorite is the interactive notebook strategy!
Marianne
Feb 05, 2009 Marianne rated it liked it
This book contains many activities for teaching reading and writing strategies. The activities are good for a wide variety of age levels. I can't wait to try some of them out.
Amy
Oct 10, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
Fantastic teaching resource. A must have!
Linda Novitasari Gultom
Linda Novitasari Gultom marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Carden Ryder
Carden Ryder marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Donna Leblanc
Donna Leblanc rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Diane Cotton
Diane Cotton rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2015
Tyson Spraul
Tyson Spraul rated it really liked it
May 14, 2015
Jessica DeAtley
Jessica DeAtley rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2015
Irena
Irena rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2015
Riri Komala
Riri Komala marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Caitlin Bowen
Caitlin Bowen rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Brooke Ratliff
Brooke Ratliff rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Katie Hudson
Katie Hudson rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2014
samantha wallace
samantha wallace marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Marnie
Marnie marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Sue Lathrop
Sue Lathrop marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Ayu Saras
Ayu Saras marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Mollie McBroom
Mollie McBroom rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2014
Ckusche
Ckusche is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2014
Crystal South
Crystal South marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Bianca
Bianca rated it really liked it
May 26, 2014