Start by marking “Ellison the Elephant (with Audio CD)” as Want to Read:
Ellison the Elephant (with Audio CD)

Ellison the Elephant (with Audio CD)

With the help of his imaginary friend, Weasel, Ellison finds his very own voice - a jazzy sound that charms all the other animals!

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Publication Date: 11/18/2005 Pages: 32 Reading Level: Age 3 and Up
Published November 18th 2005 by Kidwick Books (first published December 25th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Ellison the Elephant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ellison the Elephant

Gabrielle Blockton
Mar 28, 2015 Gabrielle Blockton rated it liked it
Date: March 29th, 2015

Author: Erich Drachman; Illustrated by James Muscarello

Title: Ellison the Elephant

Plot: Ellison, a young elephant, is having a hard time blasting his trumpet like the other elephants he knows. After being teased, he wishes to be like the other elephants, but his mother reassures him that he is extraordinary. Will Ellison ever receive the gift of blasting his trumpet or will he continue to blast the same sound that he has been dreading forever?

Setting: Natural Habitat; Jung
Samantha Brake
Sep 12, 2016 Samantha Brake rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend reading this book to your little. Such a wonderful book.
Becky B
Aug 26, 2013 Becky B rated it really liked it
Ellison the elephant isn't like the other elephants his age. He isn't as big as they are, and can't make nice, loud blasts with his trunk like they can. His mother encourages him that all the most famous elephants were unique, but Ellison is not convinced. He gets so upset he pulls up a bush and meets weasel, who at first makes fun of him but then helps Ellison discover a very special talent.

I didn't have access to the audio CD that is supposed to accompany this book. I'm sure actual jazz music
Ashlyn Hunt
Dec 29, 2012 Ashlyn Hunt rated it it was amazing

In all honesty, I don't impart five stars to books of any age or genre that often. It truly take a achievement to move me enough to warrant such an accolade. Eric Drachmann’s Ellison the Elephant is so beautiful and so completely magical in a way that so few children's books can master, that not only my toddler, but myself included, simply cannot attain enough of the talent and beauty the tale conveys. And to offer even further delight to this treasure, the book includes a brilliant audio that i
Melanie
From a very young age elephants can trumpet blast with their trunks. However, Ellison, cannot. He doesn't know why but when he tries as hard as he can, all that comes out is a little toot. He gets laughed at and teased.

One day he goes off by himself and meets up with his friend Weasel. Weasel teases him but then encourages him to practice. Together they find that Ellison has a fantastic trumpet! In fact it's so awesome that all of the other elephants gather round, begging Ellison to teach them h
Olivia Rowley
Nov 23, 2013 Olivia Rowley rated it really liked it
I loved this book it was very cute and hard great illustrations. It is about a little elephant that has not yet found his voice. His friends can all make big elephant sounds, but Ellison can only make a little squeak. He gets made fun of and finally by the end of the book he finds his big voice and it is spectacular. This book would be good to read to a classroom about diversity and accepting others.
Haylee
Mar 29, 2015 Haylee rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-selection
I love elephants they are so cute so I enjoyed this book! Cute story about an Elephant named Ellison. Everyone in this book thought that Ellison was so weird and by the end of the book all of the Elephants want to be just like her.
Kara
Dec 22, 2008 Kara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Another great book with a good meaning to it. The pics in this book are wonderful to look at with how bright each page is. This book helps not only kids but others learn that being different it okay and that in the end being different can be fun and exciting.
Sandybear76
I loved this book. The little elephant is trying to sound like the older elephants and he is getting discouraged with his little toot sound. His friend helps him discover the sound within himself. The new sound makes everyone stop and listen to the little elephant.
Sung Baick
Feb 02, 2011 Sung Baick rated it it was amazing
Very cute book with warm and fuzzy feeling pictures. Main characters are Ellison, the elephant, and a weasel. Ellison is looking for his own special sound and he finds it with the help of his friend. This would be a great read-aloud to read with different voices.
Amy
Jan 30, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: elementary-books
Great story with a can-do attitude. Addresses finding the music within yourself and the topic of imaginary friends.

My copy came with an audio CD.

Grades K-2
Laura Ellison
Dec 26, 2012 Laura Ellison rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I was drawn to it because the elephant shares my name. I really feel in love with the story though and how it promotes that everybody has something they can be proud of.
PWRL
Jan 14, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
A
Jessica
Nov 11, 2010 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Includes a read-along CD read by the author and a cast of actors doing the voices of the animals. Pretty great!
Mary
Apr 17, 2009 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
So funny
Madison
Dec 20, 2013 Madison rated it really liked it
For anyone who's not ordinary but extraordinary.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it it was ok
Shelves: review
a cute story of learning your own strengths, has a cd with music
Chrissie Hale
Mar 03, 2013 Chrissie Hale rated it it was amazing
My favorite children's book.
Jessie
Sep 12, 2012 Jessie rated it really liked it
My girls love this book. I love that it talks about individuality. It teaches kids that its ok to be different and at some point everyone is going to want to be just like you.
Sue Maloney
Sue Maloney rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2014
Lynette Bertman
Lynette Bertman rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
Sarah rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2016
Sandy McDowell
Sandy McDowell rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2013
Tric
Aug 04, 2013 Tric rated it it was amazing
A really cute story about finding your "voice"!
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2007
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2014
Becca
Becca rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2008
Jacquie Leighton
Jacquie Leighton rated it really liked it
May 19, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2014