Start by marking “Class Mothers” as Want to Read:
Class Mothers

Class Mothers

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  122 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
When her daughter wins a coveted scholarship to the prestigious Metropolitan preschool, Laura thinks she's struck the educational jackpot. Metropolitan is harder to get into than Harvard! She soon finds herself rubbing elbows with some of New York's top moms-wealthy socialites, sultry film stars, and driven business tycoons. These women have it all-and they want more. Now, ...more
Published June 27th 2006 by Berkley Trade

To ask other readers questions about Class Mothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Class Mothers

Kressel Housman
Jan 31, 2014 Kressel Housman rated it really liked it
After reading two serious, non-fiction books about finance, I was in the mood for something light, fictional, and funny. I was not looking for the inside story of a bunch of upper class, over-spending New York mothers as a follow-up to The Millionaire Next Door, but the book turned out to be exactly that. Some GR reviewers called it "unrealistic" and "exaggerated." Well, so what? That's the whole fun!

This a satire, probably best appreciated by mothers. I'd go so far as to call it Austenesque in
Stephanie
May 09, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was ok
Laura's daughter Anna has received a scholarship to the prestigious Metropolitan preschool (this is New York City, so getting your kid into the right preschool is crucial; it could determine the outcome of the rest of his/her life!). But Laura doesn't really fit in with the other moms. Everyone else is richer, thinner, snobbier than she is and she's always left feeling vaguely less-than. She's managed to make a few friends and is volunteering to bPublish Poste one of the coordinators of the scho ...more
Dana Sheehan
Mar 09, 2015 Dana Sheehan rated it liked it
Shelves: own-book
A fun, quick read. A bit unrealistic, but that's ok.
Sandy
Mar 23, 2015 Sandy rated it really liked it
I have to say I found this book very funny. I had never read any books by this author but I will be searching for other books by her.
Tracy
Nov 12, 2014 Tracy added it
Did not like this one.
Jodi
Jan 17, 2016 Jodi rated it it was ok
Did not like
Fafani Weinzierl
May 08, 2011 Fafani Weinzierl rated it liked it
This was a fun and easy read. I love getting lost in the lives of the rich and spoiled and being reassured that I am quite happy where I am at...somewhere in the middle class! It kind of reminded me of The Nanny Diaries as you get a "behind the scenes" peek at New York's wealthiest. It is told from the point of view of a mommy on the outside of the money and social status.
Carol
May 09, 2009 Carol rated it liked it
I know this kind of snobby society is out there and it makes me glad I was never involved in it!!! The book is about a snobby preschool that people will do anything to get into - lie, cheat, bride whatever it takes. But what these oh so class consious moms don't know is they are being taken, big time.
Ashley FL
Sep 12, 2012 Ashley FL rated it liked it
Shelves: school-lit
This is a silly little book that I read in just a couple of hours. But it is fun, and the unbelievability of it all made it a nice diversion on a day that required a little diversion! There are many others of the genre that are better written, and better plotted, but this one was a lot of fun.
Sydnee
Apr 08, 2008 Sydnee rated it it was ok
It was entertaining, but a little over-the-top and unbelievable for me. I know the characters in books like these aren't supposed to be incredibly deep, but in the very best examples of this genre, they usually are believable at some level. Not here. Too nice and neat an ending, too.
Jamie
Jul 28, 2007 Jamie rated it liked it
it was alright. all about a super snooty nyc preschool and all the lies, deceptions, and frauds going on behind the scenes.

i also read it when i was sick, which is maybe why i didn't love it.
Akire
Jun 02, 2009 Akire rated it it was ok
This book doesnt get interesting until the near end. I can see Hollywood making a movie of this!
Debdanz
Apr 21, 2008 Debdanz rated it liked it
"most uncommon degree of popularity" revisited except starting at a preschool level. gack.
Jennifer Failla
Jun 20, 2011 Jennifer Failla rated it liked it
Cutesy book about women with everything, judging others, keeping secrets. Quick read.
Christina
Jun 12, 2008 Christina rated it it was ok
A fun, easy read for those times I just want something light that requires no thought.
Charity
Jun 13, 2007 Charity rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit, mommy-stuff
Cute story about the competitive nature of New York City private schools. Good overall.
Erica
Jul 22, 2008 Erica rated it did not like it
I finished this only because I try to finish every book I start.

Boring
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Carrie Stine
Carrie Stine marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Jennifer Lancaster
Jennifer Lancaster marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Krista
Krista rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Rsmith
Rsmith marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Maggie Geiger
Maggie Geiger marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Jodi Nyear gurdus
Jodi Nyear gurdus rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Sarah Granger
Sarah Granger rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
  • Hollywood Car Wash
  • Coffee And Kung Fu
  • Suburbanistas
  • Tales from the Crib
  • The Dreadful Future of Blossom Culp (Blossom Culp, #3)
  • Emily Post: Daughter of the Gilded Age, Mistress of American Manners
  • Play Dates
  • Drenched in Light (Tending Roses #4)
  • Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City (Holly's Inbox #2)
  • Endless Chain (Shenandoah Album)
  • The Bughouse Affair (Carpenter and Quincannon, #1)
  • All Eyes on Her