Start by marking “Peach and Blue” as Want to Read:
Peach and Blue

Peach and Blue

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Illustrated in full color. He is a blue-bellied toad hopping aimlessly through life.She is a sad peach yearning for escape and adventure.Then one remarkable day, Peach and Blue explore the pond that Blue calls home and awaken each other to a world neither has ever really seen before.Lush illustrations by the award-winning illustrating team of The Salamander Room and The Fr ...more
Published April 14th 1998 by Dragonfly Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Peach and Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peach and Blue

Alan
Usually I don't read the books we shelve on the library carts at Children's Hospital. But, when I saw Peach and Blue today I made an exception. This was, I guess you would call it a picture book, that my ex-wife would often read to our daughter (Willie and Hugh was another one that was both of their favorites).

This simple story of a peach and toad is very touching. The pictures are well done, and I think any parent would enjoy reading this to their child. The messages are simple but I think univ
Merry
Apr 21, 2009 Merry rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: to all
Beautifully illustrated, this book will have you in tears. A very touching story about a friendship that develops between a blue bellied toad and a sad peach. One hopping through life and the other longing to discover the world. Together they see things they never saw on their own, alone. A sincere, poignant, heartfelt story that teaches on a deeper level, more so than other books for this age. Two and up through elementary will enjoy, and one day they too will grasp the real meaning of the stor ...more
Susan Kennedy
" I wish I could stay here awhile."
"you can stay here forever, if you like," said Blue. "I'd like you to."
I don't think I'll last forever, " said Peach.
That's okay," said Blue. "Not many folks do. But until then, you have me, and I have you."
Sarah C.
Peach and Blue is about a blue-bellied toad named Blue and a peach named Peach. One day, Blue wanted to take a walk, away from his pond. He wants to sit under the shade of a large peach tree sitting on a hill. As he sits he feels a rain drop but there are no clouds in sight. He looks up and sees a peach, her eyes shut, crying. Blue asks why she is crying and Peach says that she wants to see the world because someone will soon pick her because she is nice and ripe and she wants to see something ...more
Ezekiel
An excellent picture book about friendship and seeing the world from a new point of view, Peach and blue follows a frog (named blue) who meets a Peach (named Peach) who wants to leave the tree she's been growing on and see the world. Frog decides to help and recruits his brothers and sisters to help Peach make her dream come true. As they explore the pond that Blue has grown up in, Peach helps him see it in a whole new way, as he sees it through her fresh eyes. It's bittersweet, making it someth ...more
Marcia
A most unlikely friendship story, beautifully told and illustrated. A toad and a peach find each other as a summer draws to a close, and delight in the world around them, looking at the familiar with new eyes. A favorite!
Dotty
Great friendship story. Johnny pointed out that the peach wouldn't last forever and then we had a brief discussion of how he would be sad if one of his cats died.
Lisa
This book shows that no matter how different you are or where you come from, you can develop a friendship with anyone if you are willing to help each other out. I think this book could be read to any age because everyone needs to be reminded about what a friendship actually is and not what kids can make of it.
Sara
Cute story and illustrations
I really adore this book - the story is bittersweet and quiet. It is a wonderful tale of two new friends who set out to experience the world around them but ultimately discover that it doesn't matter where you go and what you see, it's who is there by your side that is truly important. The last few lines always leave me in tears, but the ending is very poignant. The illustrations are very soft in color and texture and they really enhance the theme of the book - definitely a great read all around ...more
Maria
I think this book is about dying even though it never really says anything about death. It's about being in the moment and caring for the people around you. The illustrations are lovely and look like pastel but the cover says they were painted by a husband and wife team. I wonder how that works. Does one sketch and the other color it in? whatever the system, it produces nice results.
Callie Risse
This beautiful picture book is about a toad who meets a peach that wants to see the world. Together, the take on several challenges and Peach is able to see wonderful sights that she would have never seen from her peach tree. Throughout the adventure, the two become great companions who clearly love each other very much. They take comfort in knowing that they have each other.
Nitza Campos
This is one of my absolute favorite picture books. I've been reading it to my students for several years now and I get misty-eyed every time...never fails!! The pictures are lovely and I love the discussion I have with my students after we're done sharing it. I also love giving this book to friends and family. A wonderful addition to any collection. For kids in grades (2-4).
Bethann
This book showed an importance of friendship. Blue saw that Peach was unhappy and he did whatever he could to make her happy and help her experience the world around her. Peach was very thankful for Blue helping her see the world. It was what she wanted to do. Blue protected her and kept her company for a while.
Chris
I was reading this book to my daughter one night before bed, and I had to stop because I was so choked up. My husband thought I was nuts. The illustrations are so beautiful, especially the ones of Peach. Like you could almost reach out and touch her fuzzy cheek. So sweet and sad, but beautiful.
Scott Markham
This is truly a great book depicting love and friendship. This is my favorite children's book of all time as it shows, with beautiful illustrations, the power of giving, sharing, loving, and caring! Two separate entities giving of themselves, and not trying to take from the other...awe inspiring theme!
Mommyfeez
Saw this book many years ago working in a bookstore, and snatched it up because of the beautiful illustrations, as well as the story. I was saving it for my children before I even met my husband! Wonderful story of friendship. Will have to buy it again, can't find my copy and I want my daughter to read it.
Grace
This book is one of my favorite books I love the friendship between peach and blue. Peach is a peach and she wants to see the world.Blue is a frog and he helps her to see the world.Blue shows her all of these she has never seen before. it is a really good book and a good book for children.
Cara Stone
A wonderful story with multiple facets. Peach has grown tired of the tree in which she lives and wants to see the world and all of the wonderful colors. Blue (the toad) shows her around the pond. Recommended. Themes: life, exploration, friendship, death
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This is a very unusual story of the friendship between a peach and a toad, especially the idea of sticking with a friend no matter what, as the peach begins to rot (die) after falling from the tree. A nice book for a unit on diversity too.
Peggy
Aug 24, 2008 Peggy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I love this book - the illustrations and the story. Peach longs to see the world and Blue, her toad friend, helps her to do that. They both learn from each other and though their time together is short - it is lovely.
Mark
I'm not an expert on children's books by any means, but I love this one. Charming and offbeat, it tales a tale of gentle acceptance and embrace after a peach tumbles out of its tree and lands next to the frog Blue.
Wendy
beautifully written and illustrated book with many layers of complexity. meaning can be extracted and discussed at a wide range of grade levels. don't let the primary cover deceive.
Wooden Horse
We don't actually have this book at the store. I love it anyway. As I was commenting on The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein I remembered this gem. It carries a similar message.
Elizabeth
THis book is a touching story about friendship and what individual things friends can do for each other. It always makes me cry at the end.....it is very touching!
Ganesh
Peach and Blue is a delightful story about appreciating friendship, nature, and the present moment. I was drawn to the book's luminous illustrations.
Rick
a story about a peach and the frog that helps him come down from his tree to enjoy an afternoon. The last picture of them is beautiful
Cheryl
Mar 27, 2008 Cheryl rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Cheryl by: Barb
This is a great childrens book on the importance at looking all around you, you will be amazed at what you see.
Christinna
A good story about helping one another and making new friends, no matter how different we may seem.
Pamela Cockerell
this book has a great story about frendship and helping each other out. i loved the illustrations
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
American Phoenix: The Remarkable Story of William Skinner, A Man Who Turned Disaster Into Destiny Leaving Vietnam: The Journey of Tuan Ngo, a Boat Boy No Moon to Give Us Away: The Journey of Tuan Ngo