Start by marking “Peach and Blue” as Want to Read:
Peach and Blue

Peach and Blue

Illustrated in full color. He is a blue-bellied toad hopping aimlessly through life.  She is a sad peach yearning for escape and adventure.  Then one remarkable day, Peach and Blue explore the pond that Blue calls home and awaken each other to a world neither has ever really seen before.  Lush illustrations by the award-winning illustrating team of The Salamander Room and ...more
Published April 14th 1998 by Dragonfly Books (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Peach and Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peach and Blue

Alan
Jan 23, 2010 Alan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Usually I don't read the books we shelve on the library carts at Children's Hospital. But, when I saw Peach and Blue today I made an exception. This was, I guess you would call it a picture book, that my ex-wife would often read to our daughter (Willie and Hugh was another one that was both of their favorites).

This simple story of a peach and toad is very touching. The pictures are well done, and I think any parent would enjoy reading this to their child. The messages are simple but I think univ
Olivia Lagore
Jan 23, 2015 Olivia Lagore rated it liked it
Shelves: eled-412
The story of an unlikely friendship between a peach and a frog, who learn to see the world through each others eyes and despite knowing that their time together is finite, choose to spend it well. although the characterization is simple, the author makes us feel a genuine attachment to Blue and Peach.
If I were reading this book in a classroom, I might use it to discuss the idea of multiple viewpoints, of people looking at things differently than others. In the book, the frog, Blue, takes the pea
Merry
Apr 21, 2009 Merry rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: to all
Beautifully illustrated, this book will have you in tears. A very touching story about a friendship that develops between a blue bellied toad and a sad peach. One hopping through life and the other longing to discover the world. Together they see things they never saw on their own, alone. A sincere, poignant, heartfelt story that teaches on a deeper level, more so than other books for this age. Two and up through elementary will enjoy, and one day they too will grasp the real meaning of the stor ...more
Susan Kennedy
" I wish I could stay here awhile."
"you can stay here forever, if you like," said Blue. "I'd like you to."
I don't think I'll last forever, " said Peach.
That's okay," said Blue. "Not many folks do. But until then, you have me, and I have you."
Anna
Nov 04, 2016 Anna rated it it was amazing
An adorable tale of two friends who would do anything for each other, and a sweet must-read.
Karen
Jul 13, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jacob, ellie, mom
Good book about seeing what you have from someone else's perspective..krb 7/13/16
Tessa
Dec 01, 2016 Tessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This was a very cute story but very interesting because the author made a peach come alive like a person and the peach made friends with a frog, so it was different but in the end had a good story behind it.
Sarah C.
Dec 01, 2010 Sarah C. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Peach and Blue is about a blue-bellied toad named Blue and a peach named Peach. One day, Blue wanted to take a walk, away from his pond. He wants to sit under the shade of a large peach tree sitting on a hill. As he sits he feels a rain drop but there are no clouds in sight. He looks up and sees a peach, her eyes shut, crying. Blue asks why she is crying and Peach says that she wants to see the world because someone will soon pick her because she is nice and ripe and she wants to see something ...more
Ezekiel
Sep 23, 2011 Ezekiel rated it really liked it
An excellent picture book about friendship and seeing the world from a new point of view, Peach and blue follows a frog (named blue) who meets a Peach (named Peach) who wants to leave the tree she's been growing on and see the world. Frog decides to help and recruits his brothers and sisters to help Peach make her dream come true. As they explore the pond that Blue has grown up in, Peach helps him see it in a whole new way, as he sees it through her fresh eyes. It's bittersweet, making it someth ...more
Dec 18, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I really adore this book - the story is bittersweet and quiet. It is a wonderful tale of two new friends who set out to experience the world around them but ultimately discover that it doesn't matter where you go and what you see, it's who is there by your side that is truly important. The last few lines always leave me in tears, but the ending is very poignant. The illustrations are very soft in color and texture and they really enhance the theme of the book - definitely a great read all around ...more
Kandice Buck
Nov 10, 2015 Kandice Buck rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure
Peach is a peach and Blue is the toad. Peach lives in a tree and cried to Toad that she was sad because she wanted to see more before her time was up. Toad takes Peach off of the tree and places her in the basket. Toad and his family walk peach around and let her explore whatever she wants. Toad and Peach become good friends. This book is full of illustrations. This is a great book to show how giving details when writing a story can create a great story.
Scott Markham
Oct 17, 2013 Scott Markham rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This is truly a great book depicting love and friendship. This is my favorite children's book of all time as it shows, with beautiful illustrations, the power of giving, sharing, loving, and caring! Two separate entities giving of themselves, and not trying to take from the other...awe inspiring theme!
Bethann
Sep 13, 2011 Bethann rated it liked it
This book showed an importance of friendship. Blue saw that Peach was unhappy and he did whatever he could to make her happy and help her experience the world around her. Peach was very thankful for Blue helping her see the world. It was what she wanted to do. Blue protected her and kept her company for a while.
Callie Risse
Dec 10, 2011 Callie Risse rated it really liked it
This beautiful picture book is about a toad who meets a peach that wants to see the world. Together, the take on several challenges and Peach is able to see wonderful sights that she would have never seen from her peach tree. Throughout the adventure, the two become great companions who clearly love each other very much. They take comfort in knowing that they have each other.
Mommyfeez
Aug 01, 2009 Mommyfeez rated it really liked it
Saw this book many years ago working in a bookstore, and snatched it up because of the beautiful illustrations, as well as the story. I was saving it for my children before I even met my husband! Wonderful story of friendship. Will have to buy it again, can't find my copy and I want my daughter to read it.
Nitza Campos
May 17, 2012 Nitza Campos rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This is one of my absolute favorite picture books. I've been reading it to my students for several years now and I get misty-eyed every time...never fails!! The pictures are lovely and I love the discussion I have with my students after we're done sharing it. I also love giving this book to friends and family. A wonderful addition to any collection. For kids in grades (2-4).
Chris
Apr 21, 2009 Chris rated it it was amazing
I was reading this book to my daughter one night before bed, and I had to stop because I was so choked up. My husband thought I was nuts. The illustrations are so beautiful, especially the ones of Peach. Like you could almost reach out and touch her fuzzy cheek. So sweet and sad, but beautiful.
Lisa
Jan 14, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book shows that no matter how different you are or where you come from, you can develop a friendship with anyone if you are willing to help each other out. I think this book could be read to any age because everyone needs to be reminded about what a friendship actually is and not what kids can make of it.
Maria
I think this book is about dying even though it never really says anything about death. It's about being in the moment and caring for the people around you. The illustrations are lovely and look like pastel but the cover says they were painted by a husband and wife team. I wonder how that works. Does one sketch and the other color it in? whatever the system, it produces nice results.
Cara Stone
A wonderful story with multiple facets. Peach has grown tired of the tree in which she lives and wants to see the world and all of the wonderful colors. Blue (the toad) shows her around the pond. Recommended. Themes: life, exploration, friendship, death
Marcia
Jun 01, 2014 Marcia rated it it was amazing
A most unlikely friendship story, beautifully told and illustrated. A toad and a peach find each other as a summer draws to a close, and delight in the world around them, looking at the familiar with new eyes. A favorite!
Laurie Lyman
Jul 12, 2015 Laurie Lyman rated it it was amazing
Of all the children's books I have read to my family this one will always be on our shelf and remain close to our hearts. The most endearing story of a frog and a peach has such a wonderful lesson for all children and adults.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This is a very unusual story of the friendship between a peach and a toad, especially the idea of sticking with a friend no matter what, as the peach begins to rot (die) after falling from the tree. A nice book for a unit on diversity too.
Peggy
Jul 25, 2008 Peggy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
I love this book - the illustrations and the story. Peach longs to see the world and Blue, her toad friend, helps her to do that. They both learn from each other and though their time together is short - it is lovely.
Grace
Oct 27, 2011 Grace rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is one of my favorite books I love the friendship between peach and blue. Peach is a peach and she wants to see the world.Blue is a frog and he helps her to see the world.Blue shows her all of these she has never seen before. it is a really good book and a good book for children.
Mark
Sep 01, 2007 Mark rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
I'm not an expert on children's books by any means, but I love this one. Charming and offbeat, it tales a tale of gentle acceptance and embrace after a peach tumbles out of its tree and lands next to the frog Blue.
Erin Mclea
Jan 04, 2013 Erin Mclea rated it really liked it
Such an adorable story!
Ganesh
Apr 18, 2007 Ganesh rated it really liked it
Peach and Blue is a delightful story about appreciating friendship, nature, and the present moment. I was drawn to the book's luminous illustrations.
Pamela Cockerell
Aug 27, 2012 Pamela Cockerell rated it really liked it
this book has a great story about frendship and helping each other out. i loved the illustrations
Tay-Lynn Mierau Charlie
  • I'm Not.
  • We All Went on Safari
  • Blue Chameleon
  • Time to Sleep
  • A Mother for Choco (Paperstar series)
  • First Garden: The White House Garden and How It Grew