Start by marking “Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?” as Want to Read:
Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?

Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Book by Randy Alcorn
Published January 1st 2007 by Eternal Perspective Ministries (first published August 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?

Erin Schanz
The title of this little book on a friend’s bookcase recently caught my attention. I hadn’t realized until recently that this was a question that should be asked. As I have become involved in sidewalk ministry outside our local abortion clinic and become more a tune to pro-life issues I had heard this question raised and I didn’t know the answer. Mr. Alcorn has done thorough research and takes an honest look at the evidence he’s found in medical journals and drug manufacturer publications, as we ...more
Jon
Well-organized reference on the 3 effects of birth control pills (as recorded from pill literature, dr. interviews, manufacturer customer service, etc)

Heavy foundation of reference with 1 chapter of application

Tons of footnotes and research (139 footnotes)

Overwhelmed by the medical jargon at times...a little slow due to nature of the amount of research/presentation

Worth the price of the book for the last chapter and grace-filled conclusion (Alcorn's applications and how to respond to tough quest
Melissa Brown
1) Contraceptive-something that prevents conception (fertilization).
Conception- "the point at which the 23 chromosomes from the female's egg and the 23 chromosomes from the male's sperm join together to form a new human life, with 46 chromosomes and his or her own distinct DNA"
Therefore, a contraceptive simply prevents a new life from forming and is, in my opinion, moral acceptable.

2)Abortifacient- something that terminates a pregnancy AFTER conception. Some birth control methods, such as IU
Abigail
The author's website offers the book as a free pdf download here: http://www.epm.org/store/product/birt...

In answer to the question in the book's title, I had vaguely heard some people say that it did, and vaguely heard other people say that it didn’t, but hadn’t thought much about it beyond that, until I came across this. (The short answer is “sometimes.”) This book changed and clarified my thinking on the subject. If anyone has ever told you that the Pill is safe for the earliest stages of lif
Emily
A Catholic friend of mine gave me this book, and I read it initially to be nice to her more than I cared for its content. As I read Alcorn's scientific findings, however, I felt myself coming under conviction about some things (although Alcorn does not give directives on what to do or what not to do).

Alcorn's research and deductions come from medical journals, and he explains the sticky terminology of contraception, which often is used instead of its proper terminology of abortion-inducing drug
Keenan
This book was written great, with fabulous research and pure logical arguments that Christian's and non-Christians would have to concede the event of abortions in the pill.
Karen
Information I was totally unaware of!
Sarah Paschall
Sarah Paschall marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Lisa Morrow
Lisa Morrow marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Marc
Marc marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Olivia Tessin
Olivia Tessin is currently reading it
Jun 28, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Ashley Cassidy
Ashley Cassidy marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Timothy Kauphusman
Timothy Kauphusman marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Olya Zavorotny
Olya Zavorotny marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Becky Parrish
Becky Parrish marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Katherine M. Williams
Katherine M. Williams marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim
More about Randy Alcorn...
Courageous Safely Home Heaven Deadline (Ollie Chandler #1) Dominion (Ollie Chandler #2)