Start by marking “Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?” as Want to Read:
Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?

Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Book by Randy Alcorn
Published January 1st 2007 by Eternal Perspective Ministries (first published August 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions?

Erin Schanz
Sep 23, 2014 Erin Schanz rated it it was amazing
The title of this little book on a friend’s bookcase recently caught my attention. I hadn’t realized until recently that this was a question that should be asked. As I have become involved in sidewalk ministry outside our local abortion clinic and become more a tune to pro-life issues I had heard this question raised and I didn’t know the answer. Mr. Alcorn has done thorough research and takes an honest look at the evidence he’s found in medical journals and drug manufacturer publications, as we ...more
Jon
Mar 22, 2011 Jon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well-organized reference on the 3 effects of birth control pills (as recorded from pill literature, dr. interviews, manufacturer customer service, etc)

Heavy foundation of reference with 1 chapter of application

Tons of footnotes and research (139 footnotes)

Overwhelmed by the medical jargon at times...a little slow due to nature of the amount of research/presentation

Worth the price of the book for the last chapter and grace-filled conclusion (Alcorn's applications and how to respond to tough quest
Melissa Brown
Dec 19, 2013 Melissa Brown rated it really liked it
1) Contraceptive-something that prevents conception (fertilization).
Conception- "the point at which the 23 chromosomes from the female's egg and the 23 chromosomes from the male's sperm join together to form a new human life, with 46 chromosomes and his or her own distinct DNA"
Therefore, a contraceptive simply prevents a new life from forming and is, in my opinion, moral acceptable.

2)Abortifacient- something that terminates a pregnancy AFTER conception. Some birth control methods, such as IU
Abigail
May 06, 2012 Abigail rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
The author's website offers the book as a free pdf download here: http://www.epm.org/store/product/birt...

In answer to the question in the book's title, I had vaguely heard some people say that it did, and vaguely heard other people say that it didn’t, but hadn’t thought much about it beyond that, until I came across this. (The short answer is “sometimes.”) This book changed and clarified my thinking on the subject. If anyone has ever told you that the Pill is safe for the earliest stages of lif
Vicki
Jan 04, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing
To this day, I don't understand why this isn't taught and shared by Christian leaders. If true (and I have confirmed as much with a non-Christian head of OB/Gyn at Kaiser), a large % of Christians are committing abortion unknowingly.
Keenan
This book was written great, with fabulous research and pure logical arguments that Christian's and non-Christians would have to concede the event of abortions in the pill.
Karen
Jun 01, 2011 Karen rated it liked it
Information I was totally unaware of!
Marc
Marc added it
Apr 11, 2016
Sharon
Sharon is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2016
Kari Zamora
Kari Zamora marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Krystyna
Krystyna rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Mandy Jane
Mandy Jane marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Nathan
Nathan rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Carolyn Vandine west
Carolyn Vandine west marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
MG
MG marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Faisal
Faisal marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Jonas Shell
Jonas Shell marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Grace Macy
Grace Macy rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2015
Didi Odinkemelu
Didi Odinkemelu marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Shalyn Mcpherson
Shalyn Mcpherson marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Allison
Allison rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2015
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim
More about Randy Alcorn...