Sexual Temptation: Establishing Guardrails and Winning the Battle

Sexual Temptation: Establishing Guardrails and Winning the Battle

4.54 of 5 stars 4.54  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Newly revised and updated! This booklet provides clear, preventive guidelines we can follow to avoid immorality.

The guardrails on the road of purity stand between us and destruction.

In a world that makes sex an idol, we are fooling ourselves if we think immorality's lure will have no effect on us. It is possible with God's help to live sexually pure lives. But what we lack...more
Paperback, 3rd, 47 pages
Published April 1st 2011 by Eternal Perspective Ministries Publishing (first published 1989)

KC McCauley
Practical, helpful, and biblical. Great information for a short read on sexual purity.
Josh Mccoy
This is one small but FANTASTIC book! Randy offers key, practical insights on how to develop the inner and outer life that can sustain the force of sexual temptation in our culture today. The advice he offers are lessons that have been given to him over time, after he saw many of his friends and colleagues fall no doubt. But the hope is that our God is willing to restore EVERYTHING to those who can bring him their shame and continue to seek his face!

Amazing book. There's absolutely no reason eve...more
Ashley
Short and to the point. I love the opening, and Alcorn has a loving and nonjudgmental attitude as he writes. He explains many critical points as to why Christians are targets moreso than others on sexual temptation, and ways for us to overcome it. Looking forward to reading more of his work.
Patrick
Great short book on sexual temptation. Great discussion of the effects of sexual sin on the life of the believer especially the life of the pastor. Helpful resources
Bill Welte
Every man needs to read this book, especially men in ministry. It is a short but powerful read.
Wheels
Nice book, well wrtten.
Timothy Kauphusman
Timothy Kauphusman marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
Mar 29, 2014
Gina Jones
Gina Jones marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Goga Ionut
Goga Ionut marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Adrienna
Adrienna marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2013
Luke Miller
Luke Miller marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Thefaithcamille
Thefaithcamille marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2013
Tabitha Johnson
Tabitha Johnson marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Asna
Asna marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Florence
Florence marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Chidi OKORO
Chidi OKORO marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Daniel Jomphe
Daniel Jomphe marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim...more
More about Randy Alcorn...
Courageous Safely Home Heaven Deadline (Ollie Chandler #1) Dominion (Ollie Chandler #2)