Start by marking “Tristan's Gap” as Want to Read:
Tristan's Gap
Preview

Tristan's Gap

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  15 reviews
She thought they had the perfect family…

For eighteen years Serena Soltanis has poured herself into her family, making every effort to please her husband and to protect her daughters from the evils of the world. Respected and admired for her obvious parenting success, she leads a popular mothers’ group at her church, passing along wisdom gained through years of experience
Published May 16th 2006 by WaterBrook Press (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Tristan's Gap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tristan's Gap

Sharon
Serena Soltani poured herself into her family. For eighteen years she made every effort to please her husband and protect her two daughters from the evils of the world. She was respected and admired for her parenting success. Then the unthinkable happens: daughter Tristan, sixteen, the “good girl,” disappears. As the search for her continues, unpleasant truths come to light. And Serena begins to question everything about her family, marriage, and God as she goes after her daughter.

This was an el
Stephaney
Everyone has a gap only God can fill. Serena Soltani learned that the hard way. She was the "super mom" with poster children, Tristan and Maxine. Everyone looked up to her and admired her obvious parenting success and relationship with the Lord. One day her daughter Tristan turns up mysteriously missing and Serena is tested in her faith. With memorable characters such as the tough Hazel, the loyal Lissa, and Serena's practical daughter Maxine, Serena uncovers her hidden self and re-discovers her ...more
Debbie
"Tristan's Gap" is a Christian general fiction book. While the book was from a woman's point of view, the issues were mainly about parenting in general, so men might enjoy it as well.

The characters were varied, acted in realistic ways, and dealt with realistic issues. The suspense was created by relationship tensions, not knowing what happened to Tristan and some instances where Serena was in physical danger. The unique setting details brought the story alive in my imagination.

I did wonder why t
Rachel Brand
I haven't read a lot of Christian fiction in the past – with the exception of my slight obsession with Amish novels – but I'd definitely consider getting hold of more of it after this book. Sixteen-year-old Tristan vanishes into thin air, much to the shock of her family. Everyone assumes that she must have been kidnapped, because surely such a happy "good girl" with a loving family wouldn't leave of her own accord...would she? But all is not as it seems. As the search for their daughter progress ...more
Ruth
This was a very good book! How well do you know your children? Are the deep down resenting you and you are not even aware of it? Where and how will they handle this feeling. Read this book to find out what Tristan did. I could not put this book down near the end of the book. Sleep would not come untill I found out what the ending was!
Heidi Strybos
Really enjoy Nancy's writing. It's from a Christian perspective but not Christenese. I think a whole second book could have been written continuing on the subject of Christian parenting and marriage that she started in this one. For that reason I was left a little let down with the book ending.
Samantha
Heartbreakingly Beautiful.....this is a must read for anyone with kids....it makes you take a step back and ask yourself....am I really listening to what my children have to say? Everyone of us has a voice and should stand up and use it.
Elizabeth
This book is an enjoyable and an excellent read. I enjoyed how real the feeling of the mother was, and that the book spoke to me as a real person. Nancy Rue is an excellent author and I look forward to seeing more of her books.
Elaine
a. Nancy Rue is a terrific author and this book is no exception. Another good one. This one about a girl who runs away from home. She was pregnant without her parents knowledge and contemplates an abortion. ...more
Valerie Teeling
As a mother, it was hard to read. But, I could not put it down. Wonderful message about asking God to "stand in the gap" when we can not meet the needs of our kids.
Rachel
Good story of a perfect family, but things are not so perfect. A must read for any Mom. I love Nancy Rue's style and how she addresses hard topics.
Beth Hahn
Really made me think about the mother/daughter relationship. It also made me consider the fine line between submission and losing your own identity.
Amy Parnell
Good book. It was simple to read, yet the author was able to express deep feelings throughout the book.
Gina Dalfonzo
A wise, haunting, beautifully told story.
Lauren
Throughout the first third of the book I had decided that the whole story was made up entirely of predictable stock characters. I found it to be a rather light read that at times seemed to drag out longer than needed. It seemed to include a lot of unimportant and slightly annoying details in what appeared to be an attempt to make the characters more dynamic. I found myself skimming over multiple paragraphs containing absolutely nothing important or interesting. As the story progressed, I started ...more
Journey Church
Journey Church marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Jeremy Reppy
Jeremy Reppy marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Brandi Rhead
Brandi Rhead marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Stephanie Meek
Stephanie Meek marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Heavens Before (Genesis, #1)
  • Waiting for Daybreak
  • Stacey's Book (Baby-Sitters Club Portrait Collection)
  • Solemn Oath (Er Trilogy, #2)
  • The Choice
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • The Treasure Box
  • My Hands Came Away Red
  • Simple Gifts
  • When Strawberries Bloom (Lizzie Searches for Love, #2)
  • Love Finds You in Hope, Kansas
  • Crimson Eve (Kanner Lake Series #3)
  • Nobody's Child
  • White Picket Fences
  • Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana (merge)
  • Menu for Romance (Brides of Bonneterre, #2)
  • Central Park (Austen Series, #3)
  • Words Unspoken
Nancy Rue is the author of over 100 books for adults and teens, including the Christy Award-winning The Reluctant Prophet, Unexpected Dismounts and Healing Waters (with Steve Arterburn), which was the 2009 Women of Faith Novel of the Year. She travels extensively—at times on the back of a Harley—speaking to and teaching groups of women of all ages. Nancy lives on a lake in Tennessee with her Harle ...more
More about Nancy Rue...
Healing Stones (Sullivan Crisp, #1) The Reluctant Prophet (The Reluctant Prophet, #1) Healing Waters (Sullivan Crisp, #2) Boyfriends, Burritos & an Ocean of Trouble (Real Life, #2) Healing Sands (Sullivan Crisp, #3)

“Just pray, Tristan,' I said. 'Pray that God will bridge the gap between what each of us has and what each of us needs to just be.” 2 likes