Start by marking “Any Minute” as Want to Read:
Any Minute

Any Minute

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  1,198 Ratings  ·  160 Reviews
Will be shipped from US. Brand new copy.
Published June 30th 2009 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Any Minute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Any Minute

Pamela
3.75 Stars

Sarah lives and breathes rocket fuel, pushing faster, harder, steelier to reach the pinnacle of success - that ever elusive state of 'be-all-end-all' superhuman perfection; that place where she'll bask in the glow of the winner's circle and no longer feel like a dismal failure - a blight on humanity. Where the demons of her childhood no longer taunt: You're worthless. A mistake. You'll never be good enough....pretty enough....neat enough....loved enough to erase the darkness of your f
mom2wah
Jun 11, 2009 mom2wah rated it it was amazing
What a great uplifting book. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and its message. One I would read a gain to b e uplifted. Easy read with a great message. I will look for more books from this author :O)

Sarah is married with 2 young children. She is a workaholic who will do almost anything to please her boss. She craves fulfillment in her life and get s it from her work. After a near tragedy, Sarah has to look within and reflects on her life and that of her mother and grandmother. She realizes why her
Terra
Jul 11, 2009 Terra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Any Minute by Joyce Meyer, Deborah Bedford is a inspirational story of one woman's drive to succeed no matter what the costs. A story of insecurity and child hood emotional abuse that will send Sarah into turmoil and making her see that faith is all it takes to overcome what has been done.

Sarah Harper is motivated, ruthless and in all reality self destructive. Mother of two beautiful children and wife of a husband that most of us would treasure she has been blinded to the gifts she has by the dr
Crystal
Jul 20, 2009 Crystal rated it really liked it
I was very excited about this book, I read Deborah Bedford a few months back and enjoyed the real feeling and characterization she puts into her fiction. I have also heard wonderful things about Joyce Meyer but have never read her.

I was not let down at all. This book takes a real look at a woman who wants it all, perfect husband, perfect children, perfect house and perfect job. But as most of us women know it's very hard to have it all. To Sarah, work is what is most important at the moment. The
Amy Flink
Oct 08, 2013 Amy Flink rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best novels I have ever read in my life. It is beautiful. Basically it is about a workaholic mother/housewife who falls into the trap of looking for fulfillment in all the wrong places. She accidentally drives her car off a bridge into the river in Chicago and has a near-death experience, which is a huge wake-up call. It brings you to tears, it is so beautiful.
Stephanie Waterhouse
Jan 10, 2015 Stephanie Waterhouse rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading fiction from Joyce Meyer. I will have to admit I originally didn't like the character Sarah and because of my dislike for her I was going to call it quit. Sarah reminded me of real life with the nasty self righteous behavior of many on Wall Street. I could not take her neglect of family for a job with a boss who couldn't care less for anyone as long as he made money (legally or illegally) just to leave an inheritance for his ungrateful children. I was being very ...more
Val Pearson
Jul 22, 2009 Val Pearson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't say enough good things about this particular audiobook. It was fantastic! The topics that were touched upon, I could really relate to. Sarah is so busy with her life that she sees that she is neglecting her family but doesn't know how to go about solving her problem. She can do things for everyone around her but when it comes to her family, the people she is closest to, it is so much more difficult to make things right. Throughout the book, Sarah forms a closer bond with God and learns ...more
Susan
Aug 25, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
There were a lot of cheesy adjectives in the first chapter of this book, so I almost quit reading it. But because I wanted to see what would happen to a woman whose car plunged over a bridge and into a river I plugged along and was soon rewarded; the cheesy adjectives waned, and I began to see why the author might have chosen them. I think she was trying to show how shallow the main character's life was prior to her near-death experience.
The book's message is an important one, and can be simply
Debbie
Jul 23, 2009 Debbie rated it really liked it
I loved this book even if it was a little cliche and I could not stop reading. It killed me to have to stop when I got to work with only about 40 pages left to read. Watching Sarah's character was like watching a whirlwind of efficiency blowing through life as she tried to be the perfect wife, mother, employee and yet never really satisfying anyone fully, including herself. After she drives her car off a bridge and plunges into the river she experiences something akin to The Christmas Carol in ...more
Carla Stewart
Apr 22, 2012 Carla Stewart rated it really liked it
Any Minute is about Sarah, a high-octane stock broker, who will settle for nothing less than perfection in her professional life and as a wife and mother. This is a story about choices. Hard choices about what is important in life. At her core, Sarah knows she’s letting her children down and that her marriage is suffering, but at the same time, pressure is building at the office, and in an attempt to juggle it all, her world falls apart.

Or does it? Sometimes God intervenes in our feeble attempts
Aug 29, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
Addictiveness
Originality
Detail
Story/Plot
Characters
Memorable
Likeness to recommend to others
Recommend it for: those who enjoy spiritual/religious fiction.

This was an easy read with a feel good moral that it is never too late to change along with a challenge to be cautious of decisions you make (where do you get putting work ahead of everything else). While reminiscent of A Christmas Carol this book also stands on its own. The detail and tangibility of emotions between Sarah and her husband
Ali Fjeldos
Jun 10, 2013 Ali Fjeldos rated it it was amazing
This was my first experience with a Joyce Meyer book of any kind. I had this book for two years and kept telling myself I wasn't ready to start reading Christian fiction so I have put off reading it until recently. I am so glad that I finally felt inspired to crack it open. Once I started reading the first page I instantly felt hooked. Personally I connected to the story on a different level than most because I have had a 'brink of death' experience. The novel helped me recapture much the same ...more
Janna
Aug 30, 2009 Janna rated it really liked it
Joyce Meyer may be known for her non-fiction books filled with inspiration and spiritual insight, but she might just have something to offer the fictional world as well. Together with Deborah Bedford they have presented us with the book "Any Minute". What happens when a wife and mother obsessed with her career has a brush with death (maybe more than a brush, more like a punch)? Can she get her priorities straight? Can she salvage her relationship with her children? Her husband? Is it too late or ...more
Adrienna
Oct 11, 2009 Adrienna rated it it was ok
Listening to the audio book: where it takes place in the windy city, Chicago, and Chicago Cubs. Joyce Meyer is not only a nonfiction writer, now writing fiction.

So far, this book is too descriptive and not getting to the meat of the story! It was extremely slow for me. Some parts were rushed, and wondered how Sarah survived (unless I missed it on audio) and her son Mitchell falls from the Scoreboard at a Chicago Cubs game, did not hear if he lived with any injuries. If this is the case, these pa
Kylee
Jun 11, 2012 Kylee rated it did not like it
I started to read this book for the second time, and I couldn't figure out how I had ever even read it once. I couldn't finish it again. 50+ pages in, nothing had even happened. The amount of adjectives were overwhelming, and made the book sound like it was written by a kid who had just discovered what adjectives were. All of the characters were pretty annoying and totally unlikable. The plot of the story (woman who lives her life in a whirlwind and neglects her family over work has a near death ...more
Mary Ladrick
Jul 16, 2015 Mary Ladrick rated it it was amazing
Sarah is a busy working mother on the go all the time focused on her career to the extreme where she doesn't have time for her family. The accident shakes things up and Joe and Sarah both realise what is important in life. Sarah's experience in the spiritual realm open up her eyes to the reality of continuing down her current path, especially consequences for her children. The angel, Wingtip, offers some great insights. Sarah learns that giving to others and making her family her priority leads ...more
Elizabeth
Jul 13, 2009 Elizabeth rated it liked it
After: Okay, so this wasn't the most unpredictable book that I've ever read. Really pretty standard for Christian fiction although that in itself is not always a bad thing. Quick read. I did find myself wanting to get back to it when I wasn't reading. That's always a good sign.

Before: Haven't started this but I do have it and I will start it... I'm checking it out because it's Joyce Meyer fiction and I'm curious. Not usually a Meyer fan but I thought I'd give her fiction a whirl. Back of the boo
Melissa
Aug 25, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing
At first, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this. But once I got into the book I kept having to put it down because I didn't want to read it too fast. It's not super religious like specific religion but it definately pulls at heart strings. Too focused on your job to realize the damage your doing to your family life. Following in the footsteps of your mother who has a hard heart. Learn how to forgive and change your life. Its never too late. Its really a good book.
Becki
Feb 11, 2015 Becki added it
Shelves: book-collector
Again, I'm pretty confident that while Joyce Meyer provided the concept that Deborah Bedford did the majority of the actual authoring of this book.\n\nIt was a very engaging story...except you knew everything was going to turn out okay in the end. \n\nI could relate to Sarah is some ways - driven to succeed and attain perfection in all areas. Feeling stressed by all the pressure...although I would have probably driven off the bridge on purpose instead of accident.
Priscilla Perez
Aug 24, 2014 Priscilla Perez rated it really liked it
I loved this story. It's about a woman who gets a second chance to appreciate her family and prioritize her time. It reminds us to take the time to sow into others' lives. It shows how one can make a difference in someone's life, if they take the time to see their need and offer assistance. It was also about forgiveness, really enjoyed the Christian principles found in the book.
ccqdesigns
Sep 25, 2010 ccqdesigns rated it really liked it
This book was just what I needed to read at the time I picked it up. I had no idea when I started that it was Christian fiction. The story is a modern day adaptation of "A Christmas Carol". And even though the story is an old one, the message is still a good one. Pass this one on to someone that might need to read it again.
Tara Romero
Jan 04, 2010 Tara Romero rated it liked it
Shelves: bookclub
This book was ok. I didn't hate it and I didn't love it. The plot/lesson to be learned was predictable but it was a lesson that is always good to learn, appreciate those around you, etc. Reminded a lot of the Christmas Carol.
Paula Vaughn
Jan 09, 2010 Paula Vaughn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
What a wonderful book about forgiveness and priorities, it also reminds you of God's awesomeness in our lives if we just let Him take control. Keep a tissue handy, I checked this book out from the library but I will definitely be buying it soon.
Nancy Castell-Stuart
I enjoyed the the meaning of the story. It's a good story to remind you of what is really important, how easily you can divert from it, and how quickly it can all change. I did not care for the religion. Not that it was poorly written, I just didn't relate.

I'm glad I read it, tho'.
Catspirit
Heartwarming Book

I sincerely recommend this book to everyone. It made me think as we get so busy and involved in the things and responsibilities of this world what is really important.
Elaine
Jul 10, 2014 Elaine rated it liked it
Shelves: on-loan-to-me
I love Joyce's other book The Penny. This one, not so much. It was Dickens' Christmas Carol-esque is part. Too much of a change occurring immediately following the conversion of one of the characters. I can see this being made into a movie if it isn't already.
Robin S
Sep 17, 2009 Robin S rated it it was amazing
I like this book. It was a quick read, which was nice since I have not been in the mood to read.
I like the characters, I relate to the relationship between husband and wife. Boy, how easy it is to avoid confrontation by skirting around the problem.
Shannon Scofield
Jan 21, 2016 Shannon Scofield rated it liked it
This book was ok but i was dissapointed by the way it finished. It seemed to take ages for the story to reach the part where a wrong decision changes Sarah's life forever and then i felt the second half was very rushed, predictable and cliched and not as in depth as it could have been.
Lana
Aug 12, 2013 Lana rated it really liked it
This book is enjoyable for anyone who finds they never have enough time in their life. Particularly women who are trying to do it all and are losing more than they are gaining. Read it and see what I mean....you won't be sorry.
Karendenice
Some people have likened this book to "A Christmas Carol" and I totally see that. It's just a modern day version that I feel like a lot of women can relate to. Absolutely inspiring. And definitly worth re-reading.
  • A Morning Like This
  • Angel Song
  • Be Angry But Don't Blow It: Maintaining Your Passion Without Losing Your Cool
  • Saturday Morning
  • Ms. Taken Identity
  • Beneath a Southern Sky (Natalie Camfield, #1)
  • Song of My Heart (Heart of the Prairie, #8)
  • Only Women Bleed
  • A Change Is Gonna Come
  • Miracles: The Listener/The Gifted
  • The Return of Jonah Gray
  • In Search of Eden (Second Chances Collection, #2)
  • Mama Get The Hammer! There's a Fly on Papa's Head!
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her nearly 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life airs daily on hundreds of television networks an
More about Joyce Meyer...

“One mistake does not have to rule a person's entire life.” 360 likes