Start by marking “If You Give a Mom a Martini: 100 Ways to Find 10 Blissful Minutes for Yourself” as Want to Read:

Published April 7th 2009 by Potter Style

To ask other readers questions about If You Give a Mom a Martini, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Give a Mom a Martini

Kaye Cloutman
Jun 13, 2009 Kaye Cloutman rated it it was amazing
I often hear moms complain that they have no time for themselves. Well, if somebody handed Mommy a book titled If You Give A Mom A Martini… she definitely should make time for herself. This book is über-delightful! It was off to the races for me the minute I flipped the first page. It is definitely intended to make life easier for all the stressed-out moms who juggle work, play, marriage, kids, household chores, PTA meetings, baseball practices, and the list goes on and on. If You Give A Mom A M ...more
Susanna
Mar 19, 2009 Susanna rated it it was amazing
A pleasure to read.

100 suggestions/ideas/topics from women in finding ways to recharge your supermom energy. You build a camaraderie with these women instantly as they share their ideas in this witty and charming book.

From famed celebrities to normal Janes, all the women have nothing but the best interest in their hearts in sharing their tips in this book. Everyone is on equal footing and is trying the best to improve the motherhood experience.

I won't be surprised that this book will be an inst
Clare
Jun 17, 2009 Clare rated it liked it
Recommended to Clare by: Mom
My favorite suggestion from this book was:
When shopping at the mall with your hubby & kids, tell them you need to go to the bathroom. Then run to the store with the massage chairs, sit & relax for a bit.

Nice book with creative suggestions.

The only thing I didn't like is that while the book tells moms what to do with 10 minutes, the book does not tell you how to get the 10 minutes of free time in the first place.
As a result, I believe that stay-at-home moms would get more use out of this
Sarina
Oct 22, 2015 Sarina rated it it was ok
Some good ideas, but many were outdated. Websites for dressing up dolls, judging length of new marriage, ordering cookie deliveries. Recommended reading business news online, making cocktails and healthy meals for yourself, standing on your head, taking a bubble bath, watching small increments of soap operas, movies, and yeah TV. Getting a mop to attach to your crawling child, throwing a ball really far too have some time to yourself, sneaking away to a massage chair in the mall, locking yoursel ...more
Morninglight Mama
Jan 16, 2016 Morninglight Mama rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, parenting
A cute little book of 100 ten-minute escapes for Mom. My favorite was probably to play kickball with your child and kick the ball really, really far, ensuring a few minutes to sip your iced tea all alone. Some were silly like this one, and others were more health and fitness oriented, some were doable and others required things I don't have (cash and more cash!), but overall a book I'd give in a gift bag at a baby shower!
Jessica
Jul 08, 2010 Jessica rated it liked it
Now, i'm not a mom, but I grabbed this cause I figured anyone could use 10 minutes to themselves. Despite not being a mom, I liked a lot of the ideas in this book, it's really important to take care of yourself regardless of who you are and I liked that this reinforced that. My mom definitely could learn something from this!
Rebbi
Feb 04, 2011 Rebbi rated it did not like it
Shelves: shorts
This might be one of the silliest, most impractical books I've ever read. Take a subway ride? Really? Because you could do that in all of ten minutes and get back to your little urchins without being missed.
At least I now have a recipe for a lemondrop martini, on the off chance I couldn't manage to google it.
Cynthia
Feb 28, 2012 Cynthia rated it liked it
Fun to read. Brings back many happy memories of when I was too busy with my children to even paint my own nails, just like they recommend in this book! Found a super recipe for pasta that the kids won't like (so you can eat it all!)
Abbie
Sep 01, 2014 Abbie rated it liked it
Cute, fun, and easy to read
Pam Howell
The title is fun but I wouldn't recommend it.
Christina Holden
Christina Holden rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2014
Jennifer rated it liked it
May 11, 2010
Janet
Janet rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2014
Dora Hutto
Dora Hutto rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Clarissa Neiderman
Clarissa Neiderman rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Liza Hood
Liza Hood rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2016
L
L rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2009
Sherri Dishon
Sherri Dishon rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2013
Niki
Niki rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2009
Bridget Moody
Bridget Moody rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2010
Greygal
Greygal rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Randi
Randi rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2010
Mrsawilliford
Mrsawilliford rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2014
Jennifer rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2013
Christi Jo
Christi Jo rated it liked it
May 07, 2009
Tabby Kat
Tabby Kat rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2012
Sherry
Sherry rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2012
Kassel
Kassel rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2014