Rick Steves' Croatia and Slovenia 2007

Rick Steves' Croatia and Slovenia 2007

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Who but Rick Steves can tell travelers the best ways to meander around the region's beautiful beaches, excellent restaurants, and fascinating history. With Rick Steves’ Croatia and Slovenia 2007, travelers can experience everything Croatia and Slovenia, has to offer – economically and hassle-free.

• Details Hvar Island, Dubrovnik, Split, The Julian Alps, The Karst, and othe...more
Published March 16th 2007 by Avalon Travel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rick Steves' Croatia and Slovenia 2007, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rick Steves' Croatia and Slovenia 2007

Nancy
I did not read this book cover to cover, just looked through and read mostly about the places we will visit in Croatia and Slovenia. It was very interesting and makes me more excited for the trip. The section, near the end of the book, "Understanding Yugoslavia" was especially interesting to me. I will likely look at this book again closer to the trip.
Kay
This was very useful in the preliminary stages of planning a two-week trip to Croatia this upcoming May. It not only helped me figure out where I wanted to go, but provided great transportation tips. I've used several Rick Steves guides, and while I don't like to depend on him completely, he undeniably knows his stuff when it comes to Europe.
Stephanie Mason
I checked this out from the library, not because I'm planning a trip, but doing some research on Yugoslav history. I really appreciated the chapter on understanding the current/recent past of Yugoslavia. Steves does a good job of summing up a huge story into lay terms that us westerners can understand.
Denise
i bought several books for our recent trip, but none were so helpful as rick steves. all of his recommendations- the restaurants, places to visit, places to stay were right on the money. i even met the co-author on our trip and i now have a signed copy. indeed, i was starstruck.
Jennifer Chin
I actually learned a lot of history from this book, even though Rick Steve's cutesy writing style sometimes really annoys me. Plus, it's a surefire way to identify American tourists in cities like Split and Dubrovnik.
Pamela
Very good guide to Croatia and Slovenia. Honest, well-written and informative. Would have liked better restaurant recommendations, but otherwise, perfection.
I used this book only for Slovenia. Although the section was short, it provided everything we needed.
Aileen
Buy this book if you are going to Slovenia. The notes are fantastic and help with planning.
Ashkrisb
I love Rick Steves' book series, and this selection is no different. I can't wait to go now!
Ginawuttke
Apr 18, 2009 Ginawuttke is currently reading it
I am reading this to prepare for my trip to Croatia and Slovenia this summer.
Jon
Slovenia part of this book is great. The Croatia part is lacking information.
Lorna
Lorna marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Nikica
Nikica marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Kyle Brackman
Kyle Brackman marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Stefanie Fricano
Stefanie Fricano marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2013
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2013
John Blenkush
John Blenkush marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2012
Richard "Rick" Steves is an American author and television personality on European travel. He is the host of a public television series, and a public radio travel show, and the author of many travel guidebooks and autobiographies.
More about Rick Steves...
Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door 2007: The Travel Skills Handbook  Travel as a Political Act Rick Steves' Italy 2007 Rick Steves' Paris 2007 (Rick Steves' City and Regional Guides) Rick Steves' Europe 101: History and Art for the Traveler