Start by marking “The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  325,682 ratings  ·  11,101 reviews
IT'S NOT EVERYDAY YOU FIND YOURSELF IN COMBAT WITH A HALF-LION, HALF-HUMAN.

But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster.

Oh, and guess what? The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive...
Published May 5th 2007 by Puffin Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Titan's Curse, please sign up.

Serena Good to know, but this is where you can ask questions. :)
Serena This book is told from Percy Jackson's perspective.
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
18th out of 20,502 books — 54,883 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeTwilight by Stephenie MeyerPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Best Books Ever
191st out of 38,636 books — 144,907 voters

More lists with this book...

Cara
I have yet to be disappointed in this series. A real rarity in a fantasy series in general.

The story starts out with Percy, Annabeth, and Thalia trying to help Grover to sneak out two half-bloods from a private military style school. Things get immediately messy and they stumble upon yet another problem, or more like a crisis. In the process of a battle Annabeth is stolen away. Something called The General is out again wrecking havoc and as you can already tell Luke has a hand in all this. This
Mike (the Paladin)
Let me open by saying...Rick Riordan, I'm sorry for what I'm about to say. I'm an unpublished writer and I know the best I can hope for is that at some point some will like what I write, and some will well, rip it.

I've not been "real complimentary' of these books up to this point, I gave each 3 stars...said they were what I'd call, "not bad". I dropped this one to 2 stars...it's getting to "bad".

First, I must say apologetically that the writing isn't all that great. I know these have sold millio
Chloe
My favourite book of the series so far!
Zoë (readbyzoe)
4.5/5
SO glad that I'm continuing on with this series! This book was fast paced and (in my opinion) way better than Sea of Monsters. I can't wait to read the next book soon!
Namratha
Having celebrity parents is a double-edged sword. And when they happen to be temperamental IMMORTAL Greek Gods...it’s a whole new ball game.

Artemis, The Goddess of The Hunt is M.I.A. and Annabeth, Percy’s “good friend” and fellow half-blood is missing AND in grave danger. Two new undetermined and powerful half-bloods, Bianca and Nico di Angelo have made an appearance. Luke and his dastardly plans of resurrecting Kronos are in full swing but now he seems to have an even more chilling ordeal set u
Courtney
Percy Jackson is back... and Annabelle is missing! Grover, Thalia, and Percy must team up with the Hunters (Artemis' immortal virgin maidens) to find Annabelle and Artemis. If only Grover didn't spend all of his time mooning of the Hunters and guzzling coffee... If only Thalia, daughter of the god of the sky, wasn't afraid of heights... If only the Hunters didn't despise Percy just because he's a guy... oh yeah. This quest is going to be just great.

This was a delightfully funny installment to Ri
Cait Grace
This. I like. Me likee very much, thank you. I'm doing a marathon read of this series this year (although I've paused for some Skulduggery Pleasant because I have reading ADD...I relate to Percy) and I'm really getting enthused! First two books started a bit rocky with me. I wasn't ever wowed. And while I'm still waiting for crushing feels (I think that'll coming in the next Heroes of Olympus series more so than this one?) I'm starting to LOVE AND ADORE THESE BOOKS.

So much epicness.

So many peo
Emma Jones
So far this is my favourite Percy Jackson book. Really fast pace and a lot of new characters were introduced which I loved. Zoe nightshade was such an interesting character and I really loved her backstory. The ending was the best part though with Nico, I really didn't see that coming. I can't wait to continue this series.
Mark Lawrence
This morning, while waiting with Celyn at her hospital appointment I told her I was going to write a review of the book I finished reading to her the night before and asked her if it deserved 5*. She said it did. So 5* it is.

I picked this book up from Celyn's pile when we went off on her school trip (a week in the wilds) and being in a hurry I managed to get book 3 of the series rather than book 2 (we read book 1 last year). So we've jumped over The Sea of Monsters - but I don't think the readin
Taissa
These books just keep getting better and better and more extreme and I love it.
Natalie Monroe
I've been sneakily rereading the Percy Jackson series backwards the past month. I don't add them to my currently-reading shelf because I have ARCs and other stuff I should be reading instead and if I don't put them there, it doesn't feel like I'm procrastinating.

It's during rereads that I discover the sheer genius Riordan weaves in his work. He introduces important characters in unimportant ways, and it's beautiful. The foreshadowing is unreal.

Percy-fection.

Celine Elk
This series is so great! I love to read from Percy's point of view, it's hilarious! And I can't wait to find out what happens!! I mean, Nico! And that last scene! And I want something to happen between Percy and Annabeth!
Even though this series is considered middle-grade litterature, I think it can be enjoyed by all people in all ages. Pick it up, if you want to read something relaxing and not too serious! ;-)
Valerie
Really this series has thus far been very dependable. I wasn't let down by The Titan's Curse at all and for an in between book it was very entertaining.

Mission: Save the goddess Artemis, Annabeth, and find a deadly creature that could possibly destroy Olympus.

The Team: Percy (obviously), Grover (wouldn't have it any other way), Thalia (inevitable), and two huntresses called Zoe and Bianca.

It's just as funny as the other two and still full of action. The hints in this book are a bit more subtle
Susannah
Shaun
Ah...so this was okay. As an adult, I'm starting to weary of this series, though my 10 year old son loved all five books when he read them independently.

Unfortunately, this book is a carbon copy of the last book, The Sea of Monsters, which is essentially a carbon copy of the first book,The Lightning Thief, and perhaps that is the problem. Like the first two books, I read this aloud to my kids. We took a small break from reading (about a week), and upon resuming the story I kept confusing this bo
Cathy
Got my 10 yr-old friend to read the series and he's enjoying them as much as I did. He read book 2 over one week during winter vacation! We're having a great time discussing the story and even some of the deeper concepts. If you haven't picked them up, do it!
Mario
For now, my second in the series, first being The Sea of monsters.

Even though I wish Annabeth was more in it, I liked most of the new characters we were introduced to. Can't wait to start book 4.
Laz
“Love conquers all," Aphrodite promised.

"Look at Helen and Paris. Did they let anything come between them?"

"Didn't they start the Trojan War and get thousands of people killed?"

"Pfft. That's not the point. Follow your heart.”

Advice from Gods. You should follow it or Zeus will smite his mighty thunder upon you. Lol, kidding. This was another awesome novel in this splendid series which I so wholeheartedly love. I feel like a kid reading this series, I feel like playing with my toys and going ou
Renz
"Only a dream, but I was sure of two things: Annabeth was in terrible danger. And Luke was responsible."

Olympus is above the Empire State Building, Hades' Castle is under Hollywood, Sea of Monsters is the Bermuda Triangle, How about the Mount Othrys? Mount Othrys was the base of the Titans during the ten year war with the Olympian Gods. It is located in Mt Tamalpais, San Francisco, where you can see Atlas carrying the heaven.

Percy Jackson is back with Annabeth Chase, Grover Underwood and a new
Juliana Zapata
Es increíble que llegando al tercer libro esta saga mantenga semejante nivel. Obsesionada con Percy y su mundo

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2014/1...
Video-Reseña: http://youtu.be/-0bxJepQqa8
Sara
Me encanta Percy y me encanta la dirección que están tomando los acontecimientos. La cosa promete.

“¿Verdad que resulta exquisitamente doloroso cuando no sabes con seguridad a quién amas ni quién te ama a ti?”
Ahmad
I give this book a 4.5 stars.
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
Just WONDERFUL.
LOVE IT!
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Finished re-reading this (again)! This one has always kind of been my least favorite of the series––but obviously, from my rating, you can see that I still love it. I guess I'm less enthusiastic about this one because there's barely any Annabeth in it, and I adore her ... but anyway. I feel like in this one, the series starts taking on a bit of a darker and more mature tone. More bad stuff happens, more people die, etc. A lot of new characters are introduced––most importantly Thalia and Nico, ya ...more
Francisca Viegas
The complete review is available on my blog: http://goaway-imreading.blogspot.com

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again - I wish I had read this when I was younger. It’s not that I cannot completely appreciate Percy Jackson at 21, it’s just that I feel like this series was missing in my childhood. Maybe if I had read this when I was 12 and waiting for the next Harry Potter release, - yes, because Harry Potter was all I read when I was 12 - I would have found another thing to fangirl and obse
Barbara ❅ Coldest Winter ❅
This book was soooo good! How cute is Percy trying to save Annabeth? I'm so happy I chose to read this series.
Jonathan

I must confess that this middle book in the Percy Jackson series is not one of my favourites. I like it a lot as far as it fits into the world of the Percy Jackson series, however I don't like it as much as the previous two books. There are reasons for this which I will explain. That all said, the entire series is quality children's literature, among the finest in my opinion. They get kids reading and they get them learning about Greek mythology. I definitely think that's better than having them
Pao Lerman
“Stars," she whispered. "I can see the stars again, my lady."~Zoe Nightshade

When the goddess Artemis goes missing, she is believed to have been kidnapped. And now it's up to Percy and his friends to find out what happened. Who is powerful enough to kidnap a goddess? They must find Artemis before the winter solstice, when her influence on the Olympian Council could swing an important vote on the war with the titans. Not only that, but first Percy will have to solve the mystery of a rare monste

Irene
If I could, I'd give this book 2 1/2 stars.

I don't know if there's just "too much of the same" as the series progresses, but I just didn't enjoy this book as much as the first two.

The first book did a good job of not making Percy Jackson too Harry Potter-esque, especially by having Percy understand the importance of keeping Chiron apprised of all relevant dreams and information. The second book started to falter in this regard, and now the third book has Percy Jackson inexplicably and annoyingl
Richard
7/10

Whilst this was an enjoyable read it felt like nothing new was added to the series. Rick Riordan found a formula that worked and made him money so he's sticking to it but who am I to judge! After all it does work and if it wasn't the 3rd in the series this would be rated higher. However, this is the 3rd in the series and feels like its old ground already been covered.

This was the first time in the series that I actually felt too mature for the series at points. I know it's aimed at a younger
Kirjaneito
Tämä oli parempi kuin muistin! Nuorempana muistan vain ulvoneeni Annabeth-ikävää koko kirjan ajan, mutta nyt jaksoin ihan hyvin ilmankin. Ihanasti tässä myös pohjustetaan Percabethia <3

Välillä olin hukkua nostalgiavyöryyn, Percyjen lukemisessa on jotain samaa kuin Pottereiden: olen yhtaikaa pakahtua nostalgisista lapsuusmuistoista, mutta kirja on minusta vieläkin yhtä hyvä kuin silloin joskus. On myös ihanaa, kun näitä lukee niin nopeasti... Istahtaa hetkeksi alas ja sata sivua on luettu.

Oi
The film series needs to continue with this movie 11 19 Jun 30, 2015 03:43PM
Book Ramblings: Percy Jackson: The Titans Curse 1 5 Jun 20, 2015 08:44AM
Why Perachel is wrong 5 45 Jun 19, 2015 03:11PM
Would you join Artemis' Hunt? 466 761 Jun 14, 2015 10:29AM
ƑƛƝƓƖƦԼƖƝƓ ƠƔЄƦ Є...: The Titan's Curse 1 3 Jun 05, 2015 02:56PM
A Million More Pages: 3 - The Titan's Curse (PJ and the O): May 15 32 26 May 27, 2015 02:08AM
  • Once Upon a Crime (The Sisters Grimm, #4)
  • The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • Talking to Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #4)
  • Gregor and the Marks of Secret (Underland Chronicles, #4)
  • The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2)
  • Raven Rise (Pendragon, #9)
  • The Rescue (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #3)
  • Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Peter and the Starcatchers, #3)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3)
  • Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus (Theodosia Throckmorton, #3)
  • The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7)
  • Into the Mist (The Land of Elyon, 0.5)
  • The Wright 3 (Chasing Vermeer, #2)
  • Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant, #2)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)

“Let us find the dam snack bar," Zoe said. "We should eat while we can."
Grover cracked a smile. "The dam snack bar?"
Zoe blinked. "Yes. What is funny?"
"Nothing," Grover said, trying to keep a straight face. "I could use some dam french fries."
Even Thalia smiled at that. "And I need to use the dam restroom."
...
I started cracking up, and Thalia and Grover joined in, while Zoe just looked at me. "I do not understand."
"I want to use the dam water fountain," Grover said.
"And..." Thalia tried to catch her breath. "I want to buy a dam t-shirt.”
7083 likes
“Ever had a flying burrito hit you? Well, it's a deadly projectile, right up there with cannonballs and grenades.” 4625 likes