Start by marking “The Book of the Pearl (Samurai Girl, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Book of the Pearl (Samurai Girl, #3)

The Book of the Pearl (Samurai Girl #3)

When I was six months old, I dropped from the sky -- the lone survivor of a deadly Japanese plane crash. The newspapers named me Heaven. I was adopted by a wealthy family in Tokyo, pampered, and protected. For nineteen years, I thought I was lucky.
I'm learning how wrong I was.
Published September 1st 2003 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about The Book of the Pearl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of the Pearl

Merary
mika
Sep 11, 2007 mika rated it it was ok
Samurai Girl is pretty fun and possibly – very possibly – mentally stimulating for a young Asian American woman of about 13-17 years old. but I found it annoying that all the women of color were bitchy towards the protagonist and that all the blond women were nice to her and that all the women were subordinate to – and fighting to be on the good side of – powerful men. also really annoyingly hetero-normative.
Katie
Apr 14, 2009 Katie rated it liked it
As like each edition before this one, I raced through this book pretty quickly. Maybe it's just me, but the plot seems to be seriously waning. Although Heaven's ex-fience and her sort-of "nemisis" Teddy admitted in Book 2 that he actually felt "in love" with Heaven and helped her foil his own father's mistaken kidnapping of Karen. A job that was supposed to snag Heaven for her and Teddy's second-attempt at their arranged wedding to join the two yakuza families. Since Teddy tipped Heaven off and ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Heaven and Cheryl, her roommate, are in Los Angeles. They go to a club, and Heaven ends up getting hired. The two get attacked by two thugs, but Heaven beats them both, easily. Hiro and Heaven have a major argument, and Heaven quits her training.

Heaven is attacked again by Yakuza, but is able to get away. She stops training with Hiro a second time when he tells her that her mother had called and he hadn't immediately informed her.

Cheryl has fallen for a guy named Marcus who is a gangster.

(One o
Chelsea
Eh. Still the same middling story and characters as the first two, but I read this one nearly as fast. Do with that what you will.

Karen (the girlfriend of Hiro, Heaven's crush) gets justifiably cranky about Heaven being around all the time (seeing as she was kidnapped and held hostage by scary Japanese mafia guys for three days because they got her confused with Heaven, and correctly surmised that both she and Hiro could be in more danger if they continue to spend time with Heaven), but is prett
Jennifer Watson
Jun 08, 2011 Jennifer Watson rated it it was amazing
This book was very good. I had a connection to the mian character on many levels. She had a best friend that found ways to get her jobs or in a position, just like my friends, she has a crush on someone who has a girlfriend like I do. It was weird becuase the theme of the story is that a clear mind could take you through situations in life.I loved the action in the story and I cannot wait to read the other stories to come!!!!!
Amber
Oct 09, 2008 Amber rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
The third is much the same as the first two however some of the fighting is gone. There is still confrontation, romantic troubles, and friend trouble. All things a 19 year old deals with but with martial arts and death threats.

The character is growing up albeit a little at a time. Her new job is a source of amusement.

Another quick read.
Tyron Hampton
Sep 18, 2011 Tyron Hampton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is great I was reading almost every minte of everyday. The charcter Heaven Kogo is a great addition to this book. The fighting, her blind romance for Hiro, and her silent fighting with Karen. My overall recomendation is a 5 star I recomend this to everyone who likes action
Maariyah
Apr 04, 2016 Charity rated it it was amazing
This book was awsome!!
Caroline
Aug 06, 2008 Caroline rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series
Heaven must train to make her mind as blank as a pearl. OMMMMMMMMMM. Being a samurai isn't all about swordfighting and defending honor, so it seems.
Karen Brennan
Nov 30, 2013 Karen Brennan rated it liked it
Still enjoying this series. It definitely goes in directions I don't expect. These books are very fast reads.
Angie crosby
Apr 30, 2010 Angie crosby rated it liked it
Shelves: teens, ya, own, not-keeping
Good book of the continuing story of Heaven. I think however the story is being drug out.
Vanessa
Nov 23, 2010 Vanessa rated it liked it
Not as good as the other books....these are easy reads but this particular one was missing many of the exciting elements that the other books had.
Jane Doe
Jane Doe rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2015
Hime
Hime rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2011
Bobin
Bobin rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2008
Stacy
Stacy rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2010
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Enny
Enny rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2012
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2011
Kristan Billups
Kristan Billups rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2014
Shawnee
Shawnee rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2009
Sadie
Sadie rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2009
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2012
Anjana Rao
Anjana Rao rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Ingrid
Ingrid rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2011
Katarina Pisarova
Katarina Pisarova rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2010
  • カゲロウデイズ -in a daze- (Kagerou Daze #1)
  • Breaking Rank
  • The Secret World of Arrietty (Film Comic), Vol. 1
  • I Need You (Elizabeth, #6)
  • For the Love of Venice
  • Princess Jellyfish, Vol. 8 (Princess Jellyfish, #8)
  • Dancing with an Alien
  • Karen's Lucky Penny (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #50)
  • Skinned (The Shadowing, #2)
  • Myrnin's Tale (The Morganville Vampires)
  • Missing Pieces (Replica, #17)
CARRIE ASAI is a pseudonym.
More about Carrie Asai...

Samurai Girl (8 books)
  • The Book of the Sword (Samurai Girl, #1)
  • The Book of the Shadow (Samurai Girl, #2)
  • The Book of the Wind (Samurai Girl, #4)
  • The Book of the Flame (Samurai Girl, #5)
  • The Book of the Heart (Samurai Girl, #6)
  • Untitled (Samurai Girl, #7)
  • Untitled (Samurai Girl #8)