Start by marking “10 Commandments of Dating” as Want to Read:
10 Commandments of Dating

10 Commandments of Dating

Are you tired of pouring time, energy and money into relationships that start off great and end with heartache? If so, you need "The Ten Commandments of Dating" to give you the hard-hitting, black-and-white, practical guidelines that will address your questions and frustrations about dating. This guide will help you keep your head in the search for the desire of your heart ...more
Published February 5th 1999 by Nelson Reference & Electronic Publishing (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about 10 Commandments of Dating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 10 Commandments of Dating

Sabrina Robinson
May 05, 2009 Sabrina Robinson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marriage
Awesome book! I think commandment number one is "Get a life!" Puts dating in perspective - encourages the reader to make sure dating is never the primary purpose or focus point of their lives, and explains that dating is much more likely to be satisfying if both people have something to offer.

A couple of other commandments:

Set clear boundaries
Fight fairly
Don't ignore warning signs
Choose wisely

I wish I'd read this sooner than i did, I'm glad I read it when I did! I gave this one to my younger bro
Melody
Jun 01, 2009 Melody rated it liked it
It was a pretty good an practical book on dating. I wasn't really taught how to choose a partner wisely, or what to look for in the right person. The authors took their many years of counseling and singles ministry experience, and put together this book. It has a cheesy title, but I enjoyed it anyway. Besides, one of the authors' names is Dr. Samuel Adams...who wouldn't want to read a book written by one of those who shares a name with one of the greatest beers out there? ;-)
I liked this practical guide to dating. And while most of the stuff seemed very common sense-y, it was nice to see someone give insight into why it was important. I think people struggling with the idea of setting dating parameters will also find this book helpful because it illustrates ground rules. This book will hopefully make people think about what they want out of a relationship and how they can set guidelines to for a healthy and beneficial relationship while also keeping themselves from ...more
Josh tully
Dec 03, 2014 Josh tully rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this book was very informative and helpful if you are planning on dating someone soon, and are looking to build a good strong god centered relationship with somebody else. although there was a lot of chapters that didn't pertain to me and my relationship ("Stay away from sugar daddy relationships" chapter 6) the book as a whole was very informative and helpful. I feel that I am more prepared for what lies ahead in my relationship and I now have a very good understanding of what th ...more
Angélique
Mar 09, 2011 Angélique rated it liked it
A very useful book, I believe. I agree 100% with all of the commandments listed(although, there were bits in between that I thought could be tweaked maybe). The material is presented in a light, easy manner that makes this anything but a tedious read. And the conclusion did a great job of summing up everything and highlighting the most important parts. The only problem I really had with the book was remembering everything. Even though I accepted everything they said, it really didn't solidify in ...more
Rachelle Cobb
I borrowed this title from an engaged friend, and we both laughed about how she certainly wouldn't be needing it anymore! I found it to be chock-full of common sense advice. The majority of which I already knew, having grown up with the mindset that I'd rather "date with intention" than "date around." If you're looking for the basics on wisely navigating the world of dating and relationships, I recommend this book as a good starting point.
Becca
Mar 18, 2008 Becca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am unsure how I would feel about this book at the current time. When I read it in 2006, I thought it was a great resource about dating and Christianity. I wrote, This book gives concrete advice rather than just saying, "Pray for your spouse."

I also liked that it make some jabs at I Kissed Dating Goodbye, a huge movement in my teen years that I rebelled against - mostly with my lips.
Alyssa
Jul 27, 2013 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People serious about relationships for the right reasons
Recommended to Alyssa by: A friend from church
Having never dated before (I'm nearing 21), I didn't know what to expect or look for in a relationship since I was always on the look out for 1.) Is he a devoted Christian and 2.) Can I see myself with him a month, two, ten months, three years, ten years from now? I took notes and this book really helped to put what I want out of a relationship into perspective.
Amy Huth
Nov 05, 2014 Amy Huth rated it it was amazing
This book is very good! It is directed for high school kids (boys and girls)or college age kids. It is very direct, bold and filled with scripture to back it up. no exaggerations, yet real stories on what teenagers are going through in the world they live in today regarding waiting for sex dating.
Kim
Jul 03, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: relationships
I really enjoyed this book as it was very clear on what is black and white in a relationship and how to improve future relationships. Would definitely recommend it friends and family as it was practical and relatable.
Lilly Thompson
Feb 25, 2016 Lilly Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read;
October 10, 2011
August 19, 2013
Patrick Gruber
Aug 20, 2013 Patrick Gruber rated it it was amazing
Best book on dating out there.
Zaret Vargas
Nov 13, 2014 Zaret Vargas rated it really liked it
No one is enough smart, everybody need a guide to get marriage widwly and wisdom comes from God and his ]word.
Desiree
Jan 03, 2012 Desiree rated it really liked it
When I read this, I was a teen and I remember loving the language & the message. I would like to do a reread soon in order to see how I'll process it as an adult.
Nadia Davis
May 16, 2014 Nadia Davis rated it it was amazing
To the point and still relevant!
Jamie
Jul 26, 2016 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book. A lot of common sense stuff but also helps to put things in perspective that you might be overlooking. I will probably re-read this book time and time again.
Elizabeth
Jul 23, 2015 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful and practical advice! I would recommend it to any single person and any couples that are currently dating.
Holly
Jun 18, 2007 Holly rated it it was amazing
not LDS but very useful
Lilly Thompson
Read;
October 10, 2011
August 19, 2013
Stephanie Oh
Stephanie Oh rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
Justine Young
Justine Young rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Isabelle Braun Artiaga
Isabelle Braun Artiaga rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Paige
Paige rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2008
Abigail Moore
Abigail Moore rated it liked it
May 21, 2015
Therese
Therese rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2009
Veronica Garcia
Veronica Garcia rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Christy
Christy rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Jorge Derramadero
Jorge Derramadero rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Zac Bruckner
Zac Bruckner rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2011
April
April rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Devotions for Dating Couples: Building a Foundation for Spiritual Intimacy
  • 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged
  • Every Young Woman's Battle: Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World
  • Finding the Love of Your Life
  • Life on the Vine: Cultivating the Fruit of the Spirit
  • Marriable: Taking the Desperate Out of Dating
  • Epic Study Guide
  • Diary of a Jackwagon
  • Every Young Man's Battle: Strategies for Victory in the Real World of Sexual Temptation
  • NIV Women of Faith Study Bible: Experience the Liberating Grace of God
  • The Magnificent Obsession
  • In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood
  • Boundaries in Dating
  • The Family: A Christian Perspective On The Contemporary Home
  • Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?: Trusting God with a Hope Deferred
  • The Koran For Dummies (For Dummies (Religion & Spirituality))
  • The Wound of Knowledge: Christian Spirituality from the New Testament to St. John of the Cross
  • Islam for Dummies: A Reference for the Rest of Us!