Start by marking “10 Commandments of Dating” as Want to Read:
10 Commandments of Dating

10 Commandments of Dating

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Are you tired of pouring time, energy and money into relationships that start off great and end with heartache? If so, you need "The Ten Commandments of Dating" to give you the hard-hitting, black-and-white, practical guidelines that will address your questions and frustrations about dating. This guide will help you keep your head in the search for the desire of your heart ...more
Published February 5th 1999 by Nelson Reference & Electronic Publishing (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about 10 Commandments of Dating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 10 Commandments of Dating

Sabrina Robinson
Awesome book! I think commandment number one is "Get a life!" Puts dating in perspective - encourages the reader to make sure dating is never the primary purpose or focus point of their lives, and explains that dating is much more likely to be satisfying if both people have something to offer.

A couple of other commandments:

Set clear boundaries
Fight fairly
Don't ignore warning signs
Choose wisely

I wish I'd read this sooner than i did, I'm glad I read it when I did! I gave this one to my younger bro
Melody
It was a pretty good an practical book on dating. I wasn't really taught how to choose a partner wisely, or what to look for in the right person. The authors took their many years of counseling and singles ministry experience, and put together this book. It has a cheesy title, but I enjoyed it anyway. Besides, one of the authors' names is Dr. Samuel Adams...who wouldn't want to read a book written by one of those who shares a name with one of the greatest beers out there? ;-)
Snorkle
I liked this practical guide to dating. And while most of the stuff seemed very common sense-y, it was nice to see someone give insight into why it was important. I think people struggling with the idea of setting dating parameters will also find this book helpful because it illustrates ground rules. This book will hopefully make people think about what they want out of a relationship and how they can set guidelines to for a healthy and beneficial relationship while also keeping themselves from ...more
Angélique
A very useful book, I believe. I agree 100% with all of the commandments listed(although, there were bits in between that I thought could be tweaked maybe). The material is presented in a light, easy manner that makes this anything but a tedious read. And the conclusion did a great job of summing up everything and highlighting the most important parts. The only problem I really had with the book was remembering everything. Even though I accepted everything they said, it really didn't solidify in ...more
Nadia Davis
To the point and still relevant!
Consolation Mautin
Mar 23, 2015 Consolation Mautin marked it as to-read
yy
Amy Huth
This book is very good! It is directed for high school kids (boys and girls)or college age kids. It is very direct, bold and filled with scripture to back it up. no exaggerations, yet real stories on what teenagers are going through in the world they live in today regarding waiting for sex dating.
Becca
EDIT: I am unsure how I would feel about this book at the current time. When I read it (est. 2006) I thought it was a great resource about dating and Christianity. I wrote, This book gives concrete advice rather than just saying, "Pray for your spouse."

I liked that it make some jabs at I Kissed Dating Goodbye, a huge movement in my teen years that I rebelled against, mostly with my lips.

Alyssa
Jul 27, 2013 Alyssa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People serious about relationships for the right reasons
Recommended to Alyssa by: A friend from church
Having never dated before (I'm nearing 21), I didn't know what to expect or look for in a relationship since I was always on the look out for 1.) Is he a devoted Christian and 2.) Can I see myself with him a month, two, ten months, three years, ten years from now? I took notes and this book really helped to put what I want out of a relationship into perspective.
Desiree
When I read this, I was a teen and I remember loving the language & the message. I would like to do a reread soon in order to see how I'll process it as an adult.
Zaret Vargas
No one is enough smart, everybody need a guide to get marriage widwly and wisdom comes from God and his ]word.
Patrick Gruber
Best book on dating out there.
Holly
not LDS but very useful
Christina Rudlong
Christina Rudlong marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Timothy-Jared Williams
Timothy-Jared Williams marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Rinji
Rinji marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Jackie McDonald
Jackie McDonald marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Sarah Thue
Sarah Thue marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Gurudev Dadu
Gurudev Dadu marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Jesse England
Jesse England marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Darin Olivarez
Darin Olivarez marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Hilfti Teka
Hilfti Teka marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Heather Fowler
Heather Fowler marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Beniamin Enache
Beniamin Enache marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Omolafe Olubusayo
Omolafe Olubusayo is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2015
  • Devotions for Dating Couples: Building a Foundation for Spiritual Intimacy
  • 101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Engaged
  • Finding the Love of Your Life
  • Every Young Woman's Battle: Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World (The Every Man Series)
  • Boundaries in Dating
  • Marriable: Taking the Desperate Out of Dating
  • Every Young Man's Battle: Strategies for Victory in the Real World of Sexual Temptation
  • The Family: A Christian Perspective On The Contemporary Home
  • Keep Sweet: Children of Polygamy
  • Islam for Dummies: A Reference for the Rest of Us!
  • Pure: A 90-Day Devotional for the Mind, the Body & the Spirit
  • The Magnificent Obsession
  • Jesus Freaks: Stories of Revolutionaries Who Changed Their World: Fearing God, Not Man
  • The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said about You, Your Life, and Everything Else
  • 101 Things I Wish I Knew When I Got Married: Simple Lessons to Make Love Last
  • Epic Study Guide: The Story God Is Telling
  • The Gift for All People
  • Answering the Guy Questions: The Set-Apart Girl's Guide to Relating to the Opposite Sex
Common Grounds: Conversations about the Things That Matter Most The One: A Realistic Guide to Choosing Your Soul Mate Devotions for Dating Couples: Building a Foundation for Spiritual Intimacy Why Mike's Not A Christian: Honest Questions About Evolution, Relativism, Hypocrisy, And More Out of Control: Finding Peace for the Physically Exhausted and Spiritually Strung Out