Start by marking “I Can Name 50 Trees Today!: All About Trees” as Want to Read:
I Can Name 50 Trees Today!: All About Trees

I Can Name 50 Trees Today!: All About Trees (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  11 reviews
While stopping to admire some of the world’s most amazing trees, the Cat and Co. teach beginning readers how to identify different species from the shape of their crowns, leaves, lobes, seeds, bark, and fruit. Kids will learn about many trees common to North America.
Published February 28th 2006 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about I Can Name 50 Trees Today!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can Name 50 Trees Today!

Cara Wilson
I Can Name 50 Trees Today!: All About Trees by Bonnie Worth
Cara W., Spring 2015

This book is not a fictional book and is considered a concept book. This book is great for the young enthusiast who is really excited about learning or even for the older crowd who wants a really fast and simple way to learn about different trees.

This book does cover 50 trees and has beautiful illustrations to go with it. I loved that this book has a glossary, further reading, and a reference section in this book. I f
Alicia
Okay, I understand they are going with a theme here, but for anyone to actually learn to identify the trees, we need photographs, not pictures. I like the information the book had about the trees, though.
Margaret
Apr 06, 2015 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Margaret by: Memoria Press Kindergarten
I'm listing to the 5.5 year old read this one today. It's our first choice in our Forest for the Trees Unit Study (HomeschoolLegacy.com). It is also on the science resource list for Memoria Press in the Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade curriculum!

There is material on the anatomy of a tree as well as examples from various trees. There are lots of examples of comparison in the illustrations to really let kids understand even if they do not have access to such as Mexican bald cypress.

C
Dolly
Jun 29, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a good, but not great, book about trees. The narrative provides a lot of scientific information and there are a lot of colorful illustrations, but I wouldn't say that it's the most interesting book. Seeing depictions of the different trees is neat, but I'm not sure if we'd be able to identify most of those trees without a more realistic drawing or photograph. We enjoyed reading this book together, but it's not my favorite book about trees. We much preferred books like Redwoods, A Log's L ...more
Deb
A new Dr. Seuss book for me. Bought it for the grandsons and enjoying myself. This keeps learning interesting. I'd like a Dr. Seuss book on world history! And maybe one on mathematics. Great gift idea and one you can take outside with you on a long walk.
Lee
I'm currently using this book as a centerpiece to a week's unit on trees. It seems far more geared to older students - like third or fourth - than first or second.
Tricia
Enjoyable easy reader introduction to trees stretching beyond naming of trees to encourage children to plant one! Includes glossary, index and suggestions for further reading.
Jillian
I fun little children's book. A good one for a relief printer who wants to become familiar with different trees and leaves:)
Lauren
Great story from the Cat in the Hat about trees.... includes just about everything you need to know.
Teri
Mar 14, 2011 Teri rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: plants
OK--pretty dry without and lacking good photos that usually make nonfiction more interesting.
PWRL
Jun 14, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
O
Nancy Yob
Nancy Yob marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Cara
Cara added it
May 02, 2015
Jessica Lovitt
Jessica Lovitt marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Bobbi Bowers
Bobbi Bowers marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
BONNIE WORTH is the author of countless books for young readers, among them the Cat in the Hat Learning Library books If I Ran the Rain Forest, HarK! A Shark!, Oh Say Can You Seed? (winner of the 2003 Ohio Farm Bureau Award), Wish for a Fish, Oh Say Can You Say Di-No-Saur?, Would You Rather Be a Pollywog?, Ice Is Nice!, and Safari, So Good!

More about Bonnie Worth...

The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • My, Oh My--A Butterfly!: All About Butterflies
  • Clam I am
  • Fine Feathered Friends: All about Birds
  • A Great Day for Pup
  • Hurray for Today!: All About Holidays (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • If I Ran the Rain Forest: All About Tropical Rain Forests (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library: Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • Is a Camel a Mammal?
  • Oh say can you say di-no-saur?
  • Oh Say Can You Say Whats the Weather Today
Oh say can you say di-no-saur? Wish for a Fish: All About Sea Creatures The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat If I Ran the Rain Forest: All About Tropical Rain Forests (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library) Oh Say Can You Seed?: All About Flowering Plants