Start by marking “Speaking Peace: Connecting with Others Through Nonviolent Communication” as Want to Read:
Speaking Peace: Connecting with Others Through Nonviolent Communication

Speaking Peace: Connecting with Others Through Nonviolent Communication

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Our words have the power to create profound healing-or incredible suffering. Yet even with the best intentions, it is often difficult to express ourselves in ways that build harmony and trust. Speaking Peace presents a seminal four-part model you can use immediately to connect to the spirit of love and generosity within you, and start contributing to the wellbeing of every ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published May 1st 2003 by Sounds True (first published April 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Speaking Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Speaking Peace

Will Jeffries
May 04, 2011 Will Jeffries rated it really liked it
Almost everyone has heard about Non-violent Communication by now. Marshall Rosenberg does a fine job by explaining a way that we can reach this state of non-violent communication.

Speaking of Non-violent Communication in less than a month, the Dalai Lama is coming here to Fayetteville, AR to speak on Non-Violence in the New Century at the University of Arkansas (May 11th 2011). So, it's pretty much everywhere now-a-days. If people would just take 15 minutes out of their busy day to sit down, bre
Elizabeth
Oct 09, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the audio book. Profound, yet easily understandable, approach to how we can break our dysfunctional communication cycles and create peace by focusing on needs driving our behaviors. I am looking forward to reading more of his work!
Mafu Goonbag
Apr 03, 2014 Mafu Goonbag rated it did not like it
Found the this proposed style of communication inherently and subtlety manipulative. Thought that the greatest value in the book was the cachectic chapter on active listening. Perhaps it has arguable value for those with very dysfunctional communication styles: yet I'd be inclined to steer those folks in other directions for that.
Julia
Oct 23, 2013 Julia rated it really liked it
This one made top shelf. steps are challenging ( priority and societal shifts) but most effective. I would recommend this for everyone but mostly to young children and teens. I've used it in therapeutic settings with these populations and the transformations are wonderful and quicker than with us adults who are set in our ways.
Becky Rose
May 15, 2010 Becky Rose rated it really liked it
Listened to on CD in my car. Listening to it again with my husband and taking notes. Can be a great help for marriages, companies and countries. give the process for correct communication. Does not agree with praise or punishment.
  • The World Cafe: Shaping Our Futures Through Conversations That Matter
  • The Choice
  • Without Offense: The Art of Giving and Receiving Criticism
  • Tongue Fu!: How to Deflect, Disarm, and Defuse Any Verbal Conflict
  • Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids: 7 Keys to Turn Family Conflict into Cooperation
  • The Power Principle: Influence With Honor
  • What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication
  • I'd Rather Teach Peace
  • Nonviolent Communication Companion Workbook: A Practical Guide for Individual, Group, or Classroom Study
  • Dialogue: The Art Of Thinking Together
  • The Argument Culture: Stopping America's War of Words
  • The Mediation Process: Practical Strategies for Resolving Conflict
  • The New Secrets of Charisma
  • Scaling Force: Dynamic Decision Making Under Threat of Violence
  • The Art of Problem Solving: Accompanied by Ackoff's Fables
  • Why Business People Speak Like Idiots: A Bullfighter's Guide
  • People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others, and Resolve Conflicts
  • Because He First Loved Us
Marshall Rosenberg is an American psychologist and the creator of Nonviolent Communication, a communication process that helps people to exchange the information necessary to resolve conflicts and differences peacefully. He is the founder and Director of Educational Services for the Center for Nonviolent Communication, an international non-profit organization.

In 1961, Rosenberg received his Ph.D.
More about Marshall B. Rosenberg...