Start by marking “Speaking Peace: Connecting with Others Through Nonviolent Communication” as Want to Read:
Speaking Peace: Connecting with Others Through Nonviolent Communication

Speaking Peace: Connecting with Others Through Nonviolent Communication

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Our words have the power to create profound healing-or incredible suffering. Yet even with the best intentions, it is often difficult to express ourselves in ways that build harmony and trust. Speaking Peace presents a seminal four-part model you can use immediately to connect to the spirit of love and generosity within you, and start contributing to the wellbeing of every ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published May 1st 2003 by Sounds True (first published April 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Speaking Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Speaking Peace

Mafu Goonbag
Found the this proposed style of communication inherently and subtlety manipulative. Thought that the greatest value in the book was the cachectic chapter on active listening. Perhaps it has arguable value for those with very dysfunctional communication styles: yet I'd be inclined to steer those folks in other directions for that.
I really enjoyed the audio book. Profound, yet easily understandable, approach to how we can break our dysfunctional communication cycles and create peace by focusing on needs driving our behaviors. I am looking forward to reading more of his work!
Will Jeffries
Almost everyone has heard about Non-violent Communication by now. Marshall Rosenberg does a fine job by explaining a way that we can reach this state of non-violent communication.

Speaking of Non-violent Communication in less than a month, the Dalai Lama is coming here to Fayetteville, AR to speak on Non-Violence in the New Century at the University of Arkansas (May 11th 2011). So, it's pretty much everywhere now-a-days. If people would just take 15 minutes out of their busy day to sit down, bre
This one made top shelf. steps are challenging ( priority and societal shifts) but most effective. I would recommend this for everyone but mostly to young children and teens. I've used it in therapeutic settings with these populations and the transformations are wonderful and quicker than with us adults who are set in our ways.
Becky Rose
Listened to on CD in my car. Listening to it again with my husband and taking notes. Can be a great help for marriages, companies and countries. give the process for correct communication. Does not agree with praise or punishment.
Sika Sedzro
The framework this book offers is interesting. The language is simple; the examples are helpful and easy to follow. Nonetheless, it's a book that must be read more than once in order to truly grasp the concepts being proposed.
This is a book I should probably listen to again to see if I've incorporated any of the suggestions made by Rosenberg. Well worth the read, even if I move only a little closer toward better and non-violent communication.
this info changed my life realized never learned how to communicate
nor did i know anyone who fully did in a nonviolent way
must read for anyone who wants to learn to communicate will blow you away
Listened to the audiobook and it is a great intro to nonviolent communication model.
Awesome instructive book on how to communicate peacefully with people.
Greg Collver
Extends NVC to self, social activism, gangs and governments.

Charlie Maynard
Charlie Maynard marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Emily marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
David Machado
David Machado marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Lee marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Alina marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Tabitha Williams
Tabitha Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Tim Felten
Tim Felten marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
NormaCenva marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Wynn H
Wynn H marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Kate marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Prerna Purushottam
Prerna Purushottam marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Alicia White
Alicia White marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Brian Gallo
Brian Gallo marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Guy... marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Don Wolford
Don Wolford marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • I'd Rather Teach Peace
  • The Choice
  • Respectful Parents, Respectful Kids: 7 Keys to Turn Family Conflict into Cooperation
  • The World Cafe: Shaping Our Futures Through Conversations That Matter
  • Tongue Fu!: How to Deflect, Disarm, and Defuse Any Verbal Conflict
  • What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication
  • Nonviolent Communication Companion Workbook: A Practical Guide for Individual, Group, or Classroom Study
  • Without Offense: The Art of Giving and Receiving Criticism
  • The Moral Imagination: The Art and Soul of Building Peace
  • A Force More Powerful: A Century of Non-violent Conflict
  • The Lord's Way
  • Eternal Marriage Student Manual
  • The Saint and the Sultan: The Crusades, Islam, and Francis of Assisi's Mission of Peace
  • Because He First Loved Us
  • Better than Perfect: Free Yourself from Impossible Standards So You Can Live a Happier, Healthier Life
  • The Road to Excellence: The Acquisition of Expert Performance in the Arts and Sciences, Sports, and Games
  • People Skills
  • T.E.T., Teacher Effectiveness Training
Marshall Rosenberg is an American psychologist and the creator of Nonviolent Communication, a communication process that helps people to exchange the information necessary to resolve conflicts and differences peacefully. He is the founder and Director of Educational Services for the Center for Nonviolent Communication, an international non-profit organization.

In 1961, Rosenberg received his Ph.D.
More about Marshall B. Rosenberg...