Start by marking “Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus (Jeeves, #9, 7, & 6)” as Want to Read:
Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus (Jeeves, #9, 7, & 6)

Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus (Jeeves #9, 7, & 6)

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  853 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Includes:

- The Mating Season
- The Code of the Woosters
- Right Ho, Jeeves

From the introduction by Hugh Laurie: "The first thing you should know and probably the last too is that PG Wodehouse is still the funniest writer ever to put words on paper. This much is uncontested by all but the most irretrievably insane. Fact number two: with the Jeeves stories, Wodehouse created t...more
Published (first published 1949)

To ask other readers questions about Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsThe Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar WildeThe Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann ShafferA Midsummer Night's Dream by William ShakespeareCatch-22 by Joseph Heller
Best Lighthearted Literature
18th out of 198 books — 214 voters
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
If I Were Stranded On a Desert Island...
84th out of 842 books — 342 voters

More lists with this book...

Theresa
I'm using this as a review of all the Jeeves and Wooster Books, as well as Uncle Fred in the Springtime and the Blandings Castle stories. I never got into the Psmith and Mulliner ones.
Wodehouse once said: "believe there are two ways of writing novels. One is mine, making a sort of musical comedy without music and ignoring real life altogther; the other is going right deep down into life and not caring a damn…”

Anyone who has read any Wodehouse knows that he has chosen the latter formula. I love...more
CC
I'll use this book as a comment for all of the many Wodehouse books I've read. First, I love P.G. Wodehouse. His books are fantastic--absolute fun and revelry to read. Especially, most especially, Bertie and Jeeves. You have a few firsts in life: first kiss, first Thai food, and first time reading Bertie and Jeeves. I only wish there were more of these stories. What, what, what?
Harish Narayanan
I just finished reading The Mating Season (one of 3 Jeeves/Wooster books in this omnibus) and it was a blast! This may have been the first PGW book I've read in almost a decade. I loved every minute of it! Classic Wodehouse.
Madison Pilotte
There have been two authors my entire life who have made me literally laugh out loud. One is David Sedaris. The other is P.G. Wodehouse.

My mom used to let me read the books when I was little, partially because they were so witty and entertaining that it was a good way to shut up a particularly inquisitive child, and largely because it's a good demonstration of how idiotic toffs ruin everything but the one reliable man who has all the intelligence, sophistication, and wisdom in the world can fix...more
Jack
I've read The Code of the Woosters and Right Ho, Jeeves! but haven't yet read the The Mating Season. But like all of Wodehouse's Jeeves books these are sublime. Wonderfully structured and break-neck pacing with amazing dialog and hilarious characters in even more hilarious situations. The man's a genius.
Rachel
I don't quite know why these stories of an upper class nit-wit and his butler set in 1930s England appealed so much to my 18-year-old self, but I read them all! I think it had a lot to do with the tales of endless cocktail drinking, swanning around in posh country houses, PG Wodehouse's brilliant humour and everything always working out in the end that still make these an absolute favourite of mine! And the fact that fantastic Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie played them in the TV series at the tim...more
Lian
My first foray into PG Wodehouse and I must say I really enjoyed it. Very much of their time and class of course but highly amusing and cleverly constructed.
Priyanko Paul
I try to read and re-read this once a year. Anyone who doesn't like Jeeves and Wooster should be viewed with suspicion.
Kelly Nielsen
I have read and rated the individual books
Adam
One of my all time favorites
Marvin Goodman
Reading this end-to-end, except in the most perfect circumstances and environment, is probably not the best plan, as the repeating themes can begin to feel hackneyed, despite the wonderful characterizations and dialogue. I keep Wodehouse books on hand to read a story here and a story there (including to my children at night), where they feel like an impromptu conversation with an old and funny friend.
Kathryn
Oh, my goodness, these are so funny!! Personal favorite is the novel, The Code of the Woosters. An affair that tests the Wooster soul and the genius of Jeeves to the very limits-involving, among others, Gussie Fink-Nottle, his fiancee Madelaine Bassett, her monstrous father, and and eighteenth century creamer shaped like a cow!
Jessica
It really doesn't get any better than Jeeves & Wooster. I like to keep this volume handy for when I need a good laugh, or just an escape. Dipping in at random always results in a treat; for more tenacious doldrums, I just read straight through until my mood changes. Also excellent on audio.
Christie
I couldn't live without this book! All of the Jeeves and Wooster stories in one volume for easy devouring. You'll want to reread the stories over and over again, enjoying not just the funny situtations and characters but Wodehouse's unique turns of phrase.
Stephy
Bertie Wooster is gust right off the top, and I love Jeeves to the point of longing for one of my own. If I had to choose one of them for a friend, I would probably choose Jeeves. He promises to be more entertaining in the long run. What writing! What fun!
Don
I can do no better than Evelyn Waugh: "Mr. Wodehouse's idyllic world can never stale. He will continue to release future generations from captivity that may be more irksome than our own. He has made a world for us to live in and delight in."
Dav Lang
Jeeves and Wooster are the funniest books i've ever read. The plots are usually hilariously convoluted and Bertie is always in trouble and the writing and one-liners leave you in tears of laughter. Pure genius.
Nicola Smith
Incredibly well written and hilariously funny! You fall instantly in love with the characters! Even when you can see something coming it turns out to be better than you could have ever imagined!
Ross
These works are very funny. Although written alomst 100 years ago the prose is wonderful, while many so-called serious books from the same period are unreadable today they are so boring.
John
The Wooster stories have one psychology, and some of the other novels I'm not so sure about. Is there any official theory that Wodehouse may have had a little help on those?
Tamsin Barlow
There is no writer funnier and wittier than P. G. Wodehouse. He reigns supreme and always will. All humor since him has merely been derivative and devolutionary.
H
Jeeves and Wooster is very much like a cream tea: Delicious on occasion but a bit much for every meal. Definitely one to dip into from time to time.
Ann
I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I like funny books. This stuff is hilarious. It makes me laugh out loud, which is embarassing on the train.
Krista
I LOVE P.G. Wodehouse! I read most all of the Jeeves books back in high school and developed an unhealthy desire to move to 1920's England.
Tim
Brilliant! Witty! Smashing, what ho. Jolly good and all that, as Bertie might say. Wodehouse is a droll genius.
Simon
All Wodehouse is compulsory. I've lost track of what I've read to be honest, so this volume is shorthand.
Kathy
Jun 06, 2011 Kathy added it

Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus
by P.G. Wodehouse

Great fun in the old world British style.
Carole Dalphin
The stories are a tad predictable, but the BBC tv series was lots of fun, so I had to read these.
Simon M Garrett
A feast of writing, delivered with aplomb and with something for every palate.
Laurence
So light and funny! Love P G's words. Never get tired of reading him.
  • Tragically I Was an Only Twin: The Complete Peter Cook
  • A Bit of Fry & Laurie
  • Rumpole for the Defence
  • Fire Down Below (To the Ends of the Earth, #3)
  • The Hound of the Baskervilles & The Valley of Fear
  • 'Rommel?' 'Gunner Who?': A Confrontation in the Desert
  • The Friendly Shakespeare: A Thoroughly Painless Guide to the Best of the Bard
  • Sex Tips For Girls: Lust, Love, and Romance from the Lives of Single Women
  • Wodehouse: A Life
  • The Onion's Finest News Reporting, Volume 1
  • The Lost Chronicles: The Official Companion Book with Bonus DVD Behind the Scenes of LOST
  • Final Diagnosis (Sector General, #10)
  • Blackadder: The Whole Damn Dynasty, 1485-1917
  • My Other Life
  • Casanova in Love
  • The Enemy
  • Waiting For Godalming
  • Publieke Werken
Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse, KBE, was a comic writer who enjoyed enormous popular success during a career of more than seventy years and continues to be widely read over 30 years after his death. Despite the political and social upheavals that occurred during his life, much of which was spent in France and the United States, Wodehouse's main canvas remained that of prewar English upper-class so...more
More about P.G. Wodehouse...
My Man Jeeves (Jeeves, #1) Carry on, Jeeves (Jeeves, #3) The Code of the Woosters (Jeeves, #7) Right Ho, Jeeves (Jeeves, #6) The Inimitable Jeeves (Jeeves, #2)

“You probably think that being a guest in your aunt's house I would hesitate to butter you all over the front lawn and dance on the fragments in hobnailed boots, but you are mistaken. It would be a genuine pleasure. By an odd coincidence I brought a pair of hobnailed boots with me!' So saying, and recognising a good exit line when he saw one, he strode out, and after an interval of tense meditation I followed him. (Spode to Wooster)” 7 likes