Start by marking “Mystifying: Sinister Stories of the Unexplained” as Want to Read:
Mystifying: Sinister Stories of the Unexplained

Mystifying: Sinister Stories of the Unexplained

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Just in time for the spooky season, this collection of nineteen stories is full of mysterious circumstances and spine-tingling plot twists. Edited by one of the greats of children’s literature and including stories by such masterful authors as Ursula Le Guin, Joan Aiken, Diana Wynne Jones, and Agatha Christie, this collection is just the thing to get readers’ pulses racing...more
Published September 16th 2008 by Kingfisher

To ask other readers questions about Mystifying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystifying

Margaret
A decent collection of stories: most are stand alone stories, one said it was an excerpt from a larger work. I can't say I found the stories particularly "sinister", but they are all mystery stories. I picked up the book because of my love of Diana Wynne Jones. I read and finished the book because I recognized some of the other authors' names & the stories were pretty good.

One of the previous reviews says that the stories seem like excerpts of larger plots: to this I say 'well, yes, they're...more
Sian Jones
A strange collection -- a few reasonably good short stories, but the rest is composed of excerpts from larger works, without context at all. It feels like an anthology of someone's favorite bits, with no explanation -- wait, that's in the title! I assumed that the stories were about the unexplained, but that was wrong of me. A++ on the marketing, I'd say.
Srinidhi.R Srinidhi.R
this was creepy---I really liked a few tales which qualify as good horror stories but still some do not reach my expectations--
Stacia
Stacia added it
Jan 20, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Sep 21, 2013
Kendra Gardner
Kendra Gardner marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Hayley
Hayley marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
May 07, 2010
skein
skein added it
Mar 16, 2010
Abigail H
Abigail H marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2009
Ordinary Jack (The Bagthorpe Saga, #1) Moondial Absolute Zero: Being the Second Part of the Bagthorpe Saga (The Bagthorpe Saga, #2) Bagthorpes Unlimited: Being the Third Part of the Bagthorpe Saga (The Bagthorpe Saga, #3) Bagthorpes V. the World: Being the Fourth Part of the Bagthorpe Saga (The Bagthorpe Saga, #4)