Start by marking “Mystifying: Sinister Stories of the Unexplained” as Want to Read:
Mystifying: Sinister Stories of the Unexplained

Mystifying: Sinister Stories of the Unexplained

Just in time for the spooky season, this collection of nineteen stories is full of mysterious circumstances and spine-tingling plot twists. Edited by one of the greats of children's literature and including stories by such masterful authors as Ursula Le Guin, Joan Aiken, Diana Wynne Jones, and Agatha Christie, this collection is just the thing to get readers' pulses racing ...more
Published September 16th 2008 by Kingfisher

To ask other readers questions about Mystifying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystifying

Jan 08, 2013 Margaret rated it liked it
A decent collection of stories: most are stand alone stories, one said it was an excerpt from a larger work. I can't say I found the stories particularly "sinister", but they are all mystery stories. I picked up the book because of my love of Diana Wynne Jones. I read and finished the book because I recognized some of the other authors' names & the stories were pretty good.

One of the previous reviews says that the stories seem like excerpts of larger plots: to this I say 'well, yes, they're
Sian Jones
Mar 15, 2010 Sian Jones rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, horror
A strange collection -- a few reasonably good short stories, but the rest is composed of excerpts from larger works, without context at all. It feels like an anthology of someone's favorite bits, with no explanation -- wait, that's in the title! I assumed that the stories were about the unexplained, but that was wrong of me. A++ on the marketing, I'd say.
Srinidhi.R Srinidhi.R
this was creepy---I really liked a few tales which qualify as good horror stories but still some do not reach my expectations--
Lotte rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Catherine rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2008
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2014