Start by marking “Flirting with Boys” as Want to Read:
Flirting with Boys

Flirting with Boys

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  3,672 ratings  ·  137 reviews
How to Run a Resort:
Make sure employees arrive on time with a positive attitude. (check)
Remember that the customer is always right. (check)
Keep your boyfriend and your most valuable guest from trying to kill each other. (oops)

Celeste Tippen can’t imagine a more perfect summer. Her boyfriend, Travis, has a job at her family’s resort, which means lots of quality couple time.
Published April 28th 2009 by HarperTeen

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny HanAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsIt's Not Summer Without You by Jenny HanThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
Summer Break Books for YA
42nd out of 521 books — 443 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally CarterBlood Promise by Richelle MeadCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
TRT's 2009 Gotta Have 'Em List! (Part 1)
48th out of 152 books — 467 voters

More lists with this book...

Wendy
I was teetering between a 2 and a 3 and I'll tell you why this book landed 2 stars.
I mean, I enjoyed it for the most part BUT
a) Travis got on my nerves SO MUCH, I don't know how anyone could be with him
b) the plot wasn't spaced out well, you start out with something then there'a a whole lot of mumbo jumbo going on that means nothing AND THEN like ten pages from the end you get the finale that wasn't grand and was rushed and undeveloped
c) yeah I guess I don't have a c... my main problem was point
Avon Bernabe
4.5 stars!

Oh men. In this book, I again met a guy I am gonna go for! The oh so hot Nick Saunders. Definitely my type of guy. Kind of irritating, a little "perv-y", a flirt, little thin but still got that smoking abs, a lover boy. Ahhhhhhhh. *Sigh* I loved how he annoys Celeste. How he manages to still flirt with her in front of her boyfriend.

But then again, there goes this stupid girl, who is so blind with her current boyfriend. I mean, it's okay if your boyfriend is not a complete jerk. But he'
Jasmin Herondale
Wow, that was a really quick read. Honestly I finished in about two hours. This book is kind of a simple little cute story. Like the kind you would read on a holiday; it's not a thought-provoking novel. Which if you like that thing is great. And every now and then I really do. I like reading a book sometimes and not having to worry about who is going to do, questioning every thing about your life or contemplating if these is the way the world will end.

This book follows the story of Celeste who
Harshini  Ramanujam
Bleh.
I don't have anything against third person point of view, but this one just made me notice the writing style too much. I usually just go along with it, cause I really love 3rd person point of view.
If that wasn't enough, the book was too small to fit the entire plot into. Yes a very predictable plot, but chic lit(ish) books are predictable, it's how they are written that make them love it. :/
A very disappointing read. :(
Tabatha
Soo.. If you've read my pre-read review of a books called The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti then you'd know that they Flirting with boys and --the previously mentioned-- The Secret Life of Prince Charming have the same cover..

Thought I'd point that out..

Over & Out, T xx
Rika - (The Unpretentious Reader)
It was an OK book..

I liked Nick character so much.. Celeste was not bad either.. but it's girls like her who get on my nerves >_< .. Why oh why did she ever get together with Travis in the first place?? he's so beyound annoying! I can't believe she's been a whole year with him and didn't realize what an ass he is!!!!

I spent most of the book wanting to shake her till she snap out of it.. and see he's not the great boyfriend she think he is..

Yea I get the part where he is fun and teach her h
Stephanie
A classic teen romance novel that has this slight love triangle going on. Boyfriend likes girl, girl likes boyfriend and other boy likes girl. See what I mean? Well, it's kinda like a love triangle.

Anyway, Flirting with Boys is a really cute book. There's not much depth in the plot so it's just a book where you can kick back, relax and enjoy. Which was exactly what I did. :)
It's actually kind of a short book because it just goes by so quickly. Not because there's so much action but because you j
Cindy
Tiffani
I truly hate Celeste. Selfish, jealous, selfrighteous, thinks she's better than the rest of 'em, fat-headed, insults people and expects an apoligy, sulky, whiny, stupid, ignorant, a personality à la Bella Swan -- but worse. Way worse.
God. This book annoyed me so friggin much.

First of all, Celeste is a pussy for not standing up for herself to her dad when she's supposedly done something wrong, to her parents when she wants to do that writing program but is too scared and so constantly whines abou
Ericaj
Tina
Apr 06, 2010 Tina added it

Flirting with boys by Hailey Abbott was a realistic fiction story about a girl named Celeste who wants to make her summer memorable, but she faces the challenge of trying to keep her boyfriend (Travis) and her “summer flirt buddy (Nick)” from trying to killing each other. She also has to deal with Travis’ jealousy and Nick’s constantly ordering her around. In the end, she finds out Travis only cared about himself and Nick was actually looking out for her the whole summer. After she realizes thi
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Andrea for TeensReadToo.com

Celeste isn't looking forward to spending the summer apart from her boyfriend of almost a year, Travis. But after Travis pulls a senior prank at graduation, and gets caught, he has to work off his debt at Celeste's family's resort, Pinyon Ranch, where Celeste has to work every summer. Celeste realizes it could be the perfect summer...

Until she remembers that Nick Saunders will also be there. Nick's family is one of the wealthiest customers at the resort, an
Yunita1987
Cerita dengan tokoh utama seorang gadis bernama Celeste yang memiliki pacar namanya Travis. Antara Celeste dan Travis sudah pacaran hampir 1 tahun. Sampai akhirnya terjadi sebuah Insiden karena ulah pacarnya, sehingga pacarnya harus bekerja sebagai staff dari ayahnya Celeste selama 3 bulan dimusim panas.

Hal itu, membuat Celeste senang karena akhirnya liburannya akan dihabiskan bersama dengan Travis. (Celeste bahkan sudah membayangkan hal-hal indah selama liburan nantinya...:D) Tapi, apalah sebua
Bolajis
Omygoodnessss.... Travis
How on earth could u date someone like that, he was absolutely horrible!
Strike 1:
Stole and crashed her family's resort golf cart without remorse
Strike 2:
Was always so gung ho on breaking the rules
Strike 3:
Literally took a nap on the job, not caring about the effects
Strike 4:
Ran Celeste into a car and dropped her on her head!
Strike 5:
Got into a fight with Nick twice!
* biggest man baby I have ever seen! Totally Incorrigible!
Strike 6:
Poisoned a VERY important person!!
The
Bookables
Oh my. I thought this book would be a short and sweet read. One that would be a page turner & keep me interested. Only it was the exact opposite. I did not like this book at all.
I found Travis to be annoying & just a typical teenage boy. You could tell who he truly cared about. I did not care for Nick either but I did warm up to him in the end.
Overall this book was not very good. I recommend reading this if you truly want a 'light' read.
Nikki  Peterson
Celeste is at Travis's high school graduation when a golf cart from her family's resort careens up the wheelchair ramp onto the stage with 5 guys in monster masks and bathrobes. They then rip them open revealing they are all wearing purple rhinestoned thongs. They performed a dance and leaped back into the cart.While trying to make their quick escape before the police arrived they floored it and careened off the stage. Giving the police enough time to grab them. Celeste's dad gives Travis the op ...more
anolinde
This was pretty horrific. You could tell the author had no idea how film festivals work, and people behaved ridiculously throughout the entire thing (for example, Celeste's father asking her to plan a movie screening and telling her the entire future of Pinyon is riding on her shoulders - then why the fuck aren't you hiring professionals instead of your seventeen-year-old daughter!?). And don't even get me started on the pepper prank.

By the end of the book, I still had no idea what Celeste saw i
Tiffanycu
Kristen Osborne
Jacquy
Inhalt:
Celeste muss den Sommer damit verbringen, im Hotel ihrer Eltern zu arbeiten, obwohl sie viel lieber an einem Schreibkurs teilnehmen würde. Als sie erfährt, dass ihr Freund Travis den Sommer auch bei der Arbeit im Hotel verbringen wird, sieht sie doch noch Hoffnung für einen schönen Sommer. Doch sie hatte Nick vergessen - den Jungen, der schon seit Jahren seinen Sommer dort verbringt und jedes Mal mit ihr flirtet. Zusätzlich zu ihrem Job muss sie nun auch noch verhindern, dass sich die bei
Stephanie
Sara (sarabara081)
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

A quick and fun summer read is exactly what you get with Flirting With Boys!

Celeste is stuck working at her family's resort every summer, much to her dismay. She would much rather attend a writing workshop or do something fun instead of working. Due to her boyfriend's Senior prank gone wrong, he will be joining her at the resort to work off a debt to her family too. She is pretty happy about this change in plans until she remembers last summer
Shailly
The novel is okey – dokey types, one time read…… I liked nick so much as the description it self says a tanned zac efron so I am guessing who won’t..!!!!!
I liked the way he purposely annoyed Celeste … and flirted with her … awwwwww because it was clear from the starting that he was those type of guys who are arrogant and flirty on the outside but caring and lovely in the inside…….

I think I liked Celeste for her determination of working hard and helping her parents and stuff like that but I since
Emma
This book, while not awful, is nothing special or new. It follows a pretty average "girl being in love during the summer" plot line, where she has a boyfriend, but finds herself torn between her seemingly wonderful boyfriend and a summer fling "bad boy".

Overall, the characters weren't all that interesting or developed. The "bad boy" antagonist Nick is somewhat compelling, and I found him to be the most complex character in the novel. Travis, the boyfriend of Celeste, started out promising, but
Cassandra
My thoughts so far....

#1 All of the flirting scenes in this book were weak sauce.

#2 I find no reason why a rich hollywood kid would find Celeste worth his time. Braids, emphasis on the S, does not attract hot california guys, FYI. And she's vapid and whiny.

#3 The conversations are kind of dull.

#4 The coolest character, Devon, the BFF, becomes a fodder character, like, half way through the book. I love Devon, she's adorable and spunky. And so far, she in about four chapters. I know my BFF would
GW
Heather
Pamela Hubbard
This was your typical YA romance beach read. The plot and characters were pretty formulaic, but it was still plot-driven (while predictable) and the setting was a fun change. This was a quick, easy, enjoyable read.
Celeste, the daughter of Pinyon Resort owners, spends every summer slaving away at the Palm Springs resort. She resents this, but makes the most of it, especially since this summer, her best friend and her boyfriend will be working there. Unfortunately her boyfriend is reluctantly the
Samantha
Another fun, easy, and quick read! Flirting with Boys follows our main character Celeste who is trying to balance working in her family's resort, spending time with her boyfriend Travis, and keeping Nick's flirtatious ways in place. For most of these chick-lit books I can predict what's going to happen within the first few chapters of a book. Surprisingly this novel surprised in multiple places, especially at the end! There was just enough going on throughout the book to keep my attention sparke ...more
Paula
First of all, let me just say that one of the things I hate most are STUPID, SENSELESS HEROINES. In all seriousness, Celeste, I'm afraid, is one.

I think that's enough reason for me to say that I didn't like the book. Although I did gave it a 1.5 star because I was able to finish it and in the end, she did came to her senses and started acting on her brain. Also, I liked Nick Saunders. I'm surprised that there is more to him than meets the eye and he seems to be the only major guy character to h
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • The Boyfriend Game (First Kisses, #5)
  • Labor of Love
  • Save the Date
  • Rhymes with Cupid
  • Before That Night (One Night That Changes Everything, #0.5)
  • Love at First Click (First Kisses, #6)
  • Boys, Girls and Other Hazardous Materials
  • Picture Perfect
  • Breathing
  • Meet Me at the Boardwalk
  • Playing Hurt
  • What Would Emma Do?
  • Caleb + Kate
  • The Best Girl
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • The Ex Games
  • Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)
Hailey Abbott grew up in Southern California, where she split her time between creative writing and creative beaching. She is the author of Summer Boys, Next Summer: A Summer Boys Novel, The Bridesmaid, Getting Lost with Boys, and The Secrets of Boys. Hailey now lives in New York City.

Her first book was Summer Boys, published in 2004, the first of a series. It was described as "escapist beach rea
More about Hailey Abbott...
Summer Boys (Summer Boys, #1) The Other Boy Getting Lost with Boys Next Summer (Summer Boys, #2) Forbidden Boy