Start by marking “Flirting with Boys” as Want to Read:
Flirting with Boys

Flirting with Boys

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  4,188 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
How to Run a Resort:
Make sure employees arrive on time with a positive attitude. (check)
Remember that the customer is always right. (check)
Keep your boyfriend and your most valuable guest from trying to kill each other. (oops)

Celeste Tippen can’t imagine a more perfect summer. Her boyfriend, Travis, has a job at her family’s resort, which means lots of quality couple time.
Published April 28th 2009 by HarperTeen

Wendy
Jun 22, 2012 Wendy rated it it was ok
I was teetering between a 2 and a 3 and I'll tell you why this book landed 2 stars.
I mean, I enjoyed it for the most part BUT
a) Travis got on my nerves SO MUCH, I don't know how anyone could be with him
b) the plot wasn't spaced out well, you start out with something then there'a a whole lot of mumbo jumbo going on that means nothing AND THEN like ten pages from the end you get the finale that wasn't grand and was rushed and undeveloped
c) yeah I guess I don't have a c... my main problem was point
Avon Bernabe
Jan 19, 2012 Avon Bernabe rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Oh men. In this book, I again met a guy I am gonna go for! The oh so hot Nick Saunders. Definitely my type of guy. Kind of irritating, a little "perv-y", a flirt, little thin but still got that smoking abs, a lover boy. Ahhhhhhhh. *Sigh* I loved how he annoys Celeste. How he manages to still flirt with her in front of her boyfriend.

But then again, there goes this stupid girl, who is so blind with her current boyfriend. I mean, it's okay if your boyfriend is not a complete jerk. But he'
Jasmin
Wow, that was a really quick read. Honestly I finished in about two hours. This book is kind of a simple little cute story. Like the kind you would read on a holiday; it's not a thought-provoking novel. Which if you like that thing is great. And every now and then I really do. I like reading a book sometimes and not having to worry about who is going to do, questioning every thing about your life or contemplating if these is the way the world will end.

This book follows the story of Celeste who
Tabatha
Soo.. If you've read my pre-read review of a books called The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti then you'd know that they Flirting with boys and --the previously mentioned-- The Secret Life of Prince Charming have the same cover..

Thought I'd point that out..

Over & Out, T xx
Rika - (The Unpretentious Reader)
It was an OK book..

I liked Nick character so much.. Celeste was not bad either.. but it's girls like her who get on my nerves >_< .. Why oh why did she ever get together with Travis in the first place?? he's so beyound annoying! I can't believe she's been a whole year with him and didn't realize what an ass he is!!!!

I spent most of the book wanting to shake her till she snap out of it.. and see he's not the great boyfriend she think he is..

Yea I get the part where he is fun and teach her h
Heather 'Bookables'
Oct 10, 2011 Heather 'Bookables' rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Oh my. I thought this book would be a short and sweet read. One that would be a page turner & keep me interested. Only it was the exact opposite. I did not like this book at all.
I found Travis to be annoying & just a typical teenage boy. You could tell who he truly cared about. I did not care for Nick either but I did warm up to him in the end.
Overall this book was not very good. I recommend reading this if you truly want a 'light' read.
Kate Fulgar
Apr 17, 2015 Kate Fulgar rated it did not like it
first of all, it has a good story plot but when you read it, this story is not that good. it happens so fast that it makes you want to puke. it's not good. really.
Yunita1987
Jul 15, 2012 Yunita1987 rated it it was ok
Cerita dengan tokoh utama seorang gadis bernama Celeste yang memiliki pacar namanya Travis. Antara Celeste dan Travis sudah pacaran hampir 1 tahun. Sampai akhirnya terjadi sebuah Insiden karena ulah pacarnya, sehingga pacarnya harus bekerja sebagai staff dari ayahnya Celeste selama 3 bulan dimusim panas.

Hal itu, membuat Celeste senang karena akhirnya liburannya akan dihabiskan bersama dengan Travis. (Celeste bahkan sudah membayangkan hal-hal indah selama liburan nantinya...:D) Tapi, apalah sebua
Tiffani
Oct 27, 2011 Tiffani rated it did not like it
I truly hate Celeste. Selfish, jealous, selfrighteous, thinks she's better than the rest of 'em, fat-headed, insults people and expects an apoligy, sulky, whiny, stupid, ignorant, a personality à la Bella Swan -- but worse. Way worse.
God. This book annoyed me so friggin much.

First of all, Celeste is a pussy for not standing up for herself to her dad when she's supposedly done something wrong, to her parents when she wants to do that writing program but is too scared and so constantly whines abou
Ericaj
May 03, 2011 Ericaj rated it it was amazing
Stephanie
Mar 20, 2009 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
A classic teen romance novel that has this slight love triangle going on. Boyfriend likes girl, girl likes boyfriend and other boy likes girl. See what I mean? Well, it's kinda like a love triangle.

Anyway, Flirting with Boys is a really cute book. There's not much depth in the plot so it's just a book where you can kick back, relax and enjoy. Which was exactly what I did. :)
It's actually kind of a short book because it just goes by so quickly. Not because there's so much action but because you j
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Andrea for TeensReadToo.com

Celeste isn't looking forward to spending the summer apart from her boyfriend of almost a year, Travis. But after Travis pulls a senior prank at graduation, and gets caught, he has to work off his debt at Celeste's family's resort, Pinyon Ranch, where Celeste has to work every summer. Celeste realizes it could be the perfect summer...

Until she remembers that Nick Saunders will also be there. Nick's family is one of the wealthiest customers at the resort, an
Cindy
Sep 13, 2010 Cindy rated it liked it
Tina
Apr 06, 2010 Tina added it

Flirting with boys by Hailey Abbott was a realistic fiction story about a girl named Celeste who wants to make her summer memorable, but she faces the challenge of trying to keep her boyfriend (Travis) and her “summer flirt buddy (Nick)” from trying to killing each other. She also has to deal with Travis’ jealousy and Nick’s constantly ordering her around. In the end, she finds out Travis only cared about himself and Nick was actually looking out for her the whole summer. After she realizes thi
Bolajis
Feb 11, 2013 Bolajis rated it it was amazing
Omygoodnessss.... Travis
How on earth could u date someone like that, he was absolutely horrible!
Strike 1:
Stole and crashed her family's resort golf cart without remorse
Strike 2:
Was always so gung ho on breaking the rules
Strike 3:
Literally took a nap on the job, not caring about the effects
Strike 4:
Ran Celeste into a car and dropped her on her head!
Strike 5:
Got into a fight with Nick twice!
* biggest man baby I have ever seen! Totally Incorrigible!
Strike 6:
Poisoned a VERY important person!!
The
Harshini  Ramanujam
Bleh.
I don't have anything against third person point of view, but this one just made me notice the writing style too much. I usually just go along with it, cause I really love 3rd person point of view.
If that wasn't enough, the book was too small to fit the entire plot into. Yes a very predictable plot, but chic lit(ish) books are predictable, it's how they are written that make them love it. :/
A very disappointing read. :(
Riley
Jul 09, 2016 Riley rated it liked it
Emily
May 25, 2017 Emily rated it it was ok
I wasn't really a fan. I felt like nothing happened in this book. The setting basically never changed and Celeste never spoke up. All she did was think things in her head and act like an idiotic helpless person everytime her loser boyfriend acted like a stupid Neanderthal. Nick annoyed me at first because he was rude and disrespectful but after I got o pisses t Travis and nick finally started reeling himself in and acting like a respectable human being I started to root for him.
Isabelle
May 10, 2017 Isabelle rated it really liked it
I thought it was kind of obvious that (view spoiler). Travis is a textbook example of out-of-control adolescent; I have absolutely no idea what Celeste ever saw in him.
Tiffanycu
Dec 22, 2009 Tiffanycu rated it it was amazing
Jacquy
Jun 28, 2012 Jacquy rated it did not like it
Inhalt:
Celeste muss den Sommer damit verbringen, im Hotel ihrer Eltern zu arbeiten, obwohl sie viel lieber an einem Schreibkurs teilnehmen würde. Als sie erfährt, dass ihr Freund Travis den Sommer auch bei der Arbeit im Hotel verbringen wird, sieht sie doch noch Hoffnung für einen schönen Sommer. Doch sie hatte Nick vergessen - den Jungen, der schon seit Jahren seinen Sommer dort verbringt und jedes Mal mit ihr flirtet. Zusätzlich zu ihrem Job muss sie nun auch noch verhindern, dass sich die bei
Stephanie
Jul 13, 2010 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Samantha Huff
Jun 01, 2015 Samantha Huff rated it it was ok
I almost gave this three stars but sitting here, getting ready to click three stars just didn't sit well with me. This is definitely a two star book for me.

There's always this argument going around that adults shouldn't read YA books. I mean I wouldn't full-on call myself an adult I'm only 20, and I adore YA books, but this felt middle-grade to me. Not even one of those middle-grade books that you come to adore. I mean there's just so much wrong with this book. It felt to me like the author was
Shailly
Nov 01, 2011 Shailly rated it it was ok
The novel is okey – dokey types, one time read…… I liked nick so much as the description it self says a tanned zac efron so I am guessing who won’t..!!!!!
I liked the way he purposely annoyed Celeste … and flirted with her … awwwwww because it was clear from the starting that he was those type of guys who are arrogant and flirty on the outside but caring and lovely in the inside…….

I think I liked Celeste for her determination of working hard and helping her parents and stuff like that but I since
Sara (sarabara081)
Jul 07, 2012 Sara (sarabara081) rated it liked it
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

A quick and fun summer read is exactly what you get with Flirting With Boys!

Celeste is stuck working at her family's resort every summer, much to her dismay. She would much rather attend a writing workshop or do something fun instead of working. Due to her boyfriend's Senior prank gone wrong, he will be joining her at the resort to work off a debt to her family too. She is pretty happy about this change in plans until she remembers last summer
Cassandra
Feb 13, 2013 Cassandra rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviews
My thoughts so far....

#1 All of the flirting scenes in this book were weak sauce.

#2 I find no reason why a rich hollywood kid would find Celeste worth his time. Braids, emphasis on the S, does not attract hot california guys, FYI. And she's vapid and whiny.

#3 The conversations are kind of dull.

#4 The coolest character, Devon, the BFF, becomes a fodder character, like, half way through the book. I love Devon, she's adorable and spunky. And so far, she in about four chapters. I know my BFF would
Temereani
Dec 10, 2015 Temereani rated it did not like it
This book was so hard to keep reading. I was literally counting down how many pages of this crap I had left to read because to me this is crap. This is a similar plot line to any teen romance and speaking of plot, the pacing for this one was bad as well.
One of the two biggest things I hated about this book was 1. the overly detailed descriptions in the book and 2 the main fucking character.
Now I understand describing the scene and what someone is wearing and that's great it gets an image into
Kristen Osborne
Jun 21, 2012 Kristen Osborne rated it it was ok
Shelves: summer-2012
Nikki  Peterson
May 31, 2014 Nikki Peterson rated it really liked it
Celeste is at Travis's high school graduation when a golf cart from her family's resort careens up the wheelchair ramp onto the stage with 5 guys in monster masks and bathrobes. They then rip them open revealing they are all wearing purple rhinestoned thongs. They performed a dance and leaped back into the cart.While trying to make their quick escape before the police arrived they floored it and careened off the stage. Giving the police enough time to grab them. Celeste's dad gives Travis the op ...more
Emma
Dec 22, 2012 Emma rated it it was ok
This book, while not awful, is nothing special or new. It follows a pretty average "girl being in love during the summer" plot line, where she has a boyfriend, but finds herself torn between her seemingly wonderful boyfriend and a summer fling "bad boy".

Overall, the characters weren't all that interesting or developed. The "bad boy" antagonist Nick is somewhat compelling, and I found him to be the most complex character in the novel. Travis, the boyfriend of Celeste, started out promising, but
  • The Boyfriend Game (First Kisses, #5)
  • Thrill Ride
  • Meet Me at the Boardwalk
  • Boys, Girls and Other Hazardous Materials
  • Rhymes with Cupid
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • Save the Date
  • Love at First Click (First Kisses, #6)
  • Breathing
  • Before That Night (One Night That Changes Everything, #0.5)
  • Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)
  • Playing Hurt
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • The Unwritten Rule
  • Snow in Love
  • What Would Emma Do?
  • Drive Me Crazy
Hailey Abbott grew up in Southern California, where she split her time between creative writing and creative beaching. She is the author of Summer Boys, Next Summer: A Summer Boys Novel, The Bridesmaid, Getting Lost with Boys, and The Secrets of Boys. Hailey now lives in New York City.

Her first book was Summer Boys, published in 2004, the first of a series. It was described as "escapist beach rea
More about Hailey Abbott...