Start by marking “Ride 'Em Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ride 'Em Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #1)

Ride 'Em Cowboy (Ride 'Em #1)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  246 ratings  ·  18 reviews
When Royce Chandler first claps eyes on his father's ranch foreman, Parker Jones, it's lust mixed with dislike at first sight. It seems that Parker has nothing but disdain for the young law graduate. But all that changes when Parker is thrown from his horse and Royce accompanies him to the hospital. What follows is a realization of their mutual attraction, and a desire to ...more
Published July 28th 2008 by Total-E-Bound (first published July 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ride 'Em Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ride 'Em Cowboy

The Tin Star by J.L. LangleyBareback by Chris OwenThe Broken H by J.L. LangleyTiming by Mary CalmesNatural Disaster by Chris Owen
Best Gay Cowboys
91st out of 292 books — 461 voters
Cut & Run by Madeleine UrbanFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonA Matter of Time by Mary CalmesFatal Shadows by Josh Lanyon
M/M Romance Series
331st out of 392 books — 366 voters

More lists with this book...

Serena Yates
This story has a lot of heart, is very sweet and has not one, but two cowboys as main characters. The way they were introduced, with Parker's accident, had me right there. What followed in terms of emotional ups and downs didn't let go of me, and the drama when the idiots, excuse my language, decided to have a truly stupid fight had me yelling at both of them. More so Parker than Royce, but still. Neither of them was very clever about it.

It's always a good sign, I think, when I get so involved i
Ryoma Gartre
Shannon
Dec 29, 2012 Shannon rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shannon by: Laura
Wow, that was just....bad. I did finish it which usually puts it at 3 stars but it was so short that I couldn't just quit. I think they were in love by page 4 or somewhere around there. Love at first fuck and all that. I just felt absulutely nothing for these guys. Nada. Chances are I won't remember a thing about them tomorrow morning. Quick read, lots of sex, insta-love and inta-forgiveness. Not good.
Alina
Very nice, although pretty straightforward and a little naive story.
I actually love insta-love trope, but here it was maybe a little too 'insta', but whatever - it was cute and hot, with little angst in the middle and a pretty satisfying ending. Oh and Aaron is awesome :)
Now I'm off to read the sequel!
jules0623
Something about the MCs taking the time to look deep into each others eyes while waiting for an ambulance for a suspected broken back just rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed well written but it didn't grab me.
Trisha Harrington
Loved this. It was just as good the second time reading it. Royce and Parker were two sweet MC's. I would have liked it to be slightly longer, but I still loved it.
Bo
A Splendid Series of Conveniences

This review covers all four of the books in this series.

In typical J.O. Bowie fashion, each of the two MCs in all these books hit the romance running from virtually the first page even though the circumstances, as well as the virtually opposite personalities, sizes, and backgrounds of each of the four couples are a bit much to imagine as separate tales.

But Bowie's strength is that he creates a community of these guys in the rural area surrounding, and includin
Kira
Apr 26, 2011 Kira added it
Shelves: did-not-finish

I don't know what it is with this book, but I just couldn't finish it. Something about the writing or how the story progresses... Just couldn't finish it.
Elisa Rolle
Just today I was saying with a friend that I’d love to read here and there a western romance. A contemporary one. It’s a genre that reminds me of when I was young, and the Long Tall Texans were the dream lovers of many of use. Living in a ranch always seemed like a perfect life, and most of the time they didn’t have any trouble, if not the “natural” one, like falling from a horse and being injured. In Ride ‘Em Cowboy there is also an “old fashioned” feeling, despite being it a full contemporary ...more
Mickelange
OMG!! Is this a very bad fan-fiction???? It's so lame!!! Pass your Way if you don't want to trow up!!!
Simone
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed Royce and Parker's story. I didn't want it to end and wasn't ready to say goodbye to these guys. I'm looking forward to the sequel, Ride 'Em Again Cowboy.
Cecilia Rodriguez

I've enjoyed other books by this author but found this one to be disappointing.
Eyre
It's a short, fast read. Bowie jumps right into the story without much build up.
Patty
Great story. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Hmm I don't no what to say :-/
Grandmat
Simple, sweet love story.
KellyJo
KellyJo marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Kerstin
Kerstin marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Steven Malle
Steven Malle marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Vidal
Vidal marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
  • Home of His Own (Home, #2)
  • Bareback Cowboy (Saddle Up and Ride, #2)
  • When the Bluebird Calls (Heart of the Mountain, #1)
  • A Troubled Range (Range, #2)
  • The Ranch Foreman
  • Cowboy Courage (Blaecleah Brothers #4)
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
J.P. Bowie was born and raised in Aberdeen, Scotland. He wrote his first (unpublished) novel – a science fiction tale of brawny men and brawnier women that made him a little suspect in the eyes of his family for a while.

Leaving home at age eighteen for the bright lights of London, he found himself in the midst of a “diverse and creative crowd” that eventually led him to the performing arts. For th
More about J.P. Bowie...

Ride 'Em (4 books)
  • Ride 'Em Again Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #2)
  • Ride 'Em Hard Cowboy (Ride 'Em, #3)
  • Journey to Hope (Ride 'Em, #4)
My Vampire and I (My Vampire and I, #1) My Vampire Lover (My Vampire and I, #2) Duet in Blood (My Vampire and I, #3) A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1) Saddle Up 'N Ride