Start by marking “Diving in Deep (Florida Books, #1)” as Want to Read:
Diving in Deep (Florida Books, #1)

Diving in Deep (Florida Books #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  2,581 ratings  ·  187 reviews
You never forget your first time.

Cameron Lewis loves his job as an instructor/trainer for a water safety firm that inspects water parks. He gets to travel from March through September, always moving on to something different. When a strange emptiness starts plaguing him, he chalks it up to turning thirty.

He manages to shake off the feeling—until he walks into a classroom a
Published June 1st 2009 by Samhain Publishing (first published March 18th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Diving in Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diving in Deep

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonFish & Chips by Abigail Roux
The Best of Gay Romance
62nd out of 2,232 books — 2,289 voters
Faith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon SuedeThe Tin Star by J.L. LangleyPromises by Marie SextonThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay Friends Become Lovers
27th out of 504 books — 818 voters

More lists with this book...

Nancy
Cameron Lewis is a water safety instructor who travels a good part of the year for his job. Noah Winthrop, Cameron’s best friend Adam’s kid brother, has had a crush on him since he was 15.

I started out liking how Noah and Cameron tried to resolve some of their early relationship issues, their difficulty communicating and their power struggles. Noah is a very appealing character. Cute and sexy with his dark, long, floppy bangs and bright blue eyes. Cameron was an arrogant jerk and even with his
Vilda
Well, this was definitely hot! And I mean hot. Which, I can't say I mind at all, but when there's not a lot of story on the side of all that sex... I end up kind of bummed. Since it's novel length and we almost only see them meeting for a few days and catching up on sex, it ended up dragging a bit for me as well. I loved Cam and Noah, and I loved them together, but I wanted more time with them not having sex and talking without it ending up in fights leading to more sex.

I seriously loved the cha
Kate Roman
No gay cowboys this time, I promise.

Um, gay....lifeguards and pool instructors? I confess, I was a little hazy on who did what, because in this book, there's sex on every other page. And what sex it is. Whoooo boy. Hot, hot manloving. That coffee table will never be the same, but luckily it has the desk to hold its little hand and commiserate.

Cam deflowered Noah sort of roughly after his best friend (and Noah's brother)'s wedding. Everyone with me so far? After that, the two of them led complete
Smith Barney
Burning HeartIf you happen to be of a particular passionate persuasion and dynamic this will make you hornier than a puppy with two peters..with toes pleasantly curling.

It tastes so good you want to eat it forever and never be full..

A lot of visceral sexual content and dialogue..as it should be. Read between the lines and you'll have no problem whatsoever finding the story.

(view spoiler)
Isabel
Mar 14, 2014 Isabel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Lots and lots of sex... There is some romance between the sex, but most of all this book is about sex! I'm not complaining... just stating a fact!
Ami
Urgh, this is the kind of story that doesn't work for me.

Why?

Because all I can remember about this story will be: sex, blah, blah, Cameron being a jerk, sex, sex, arrange Cameron to become a jerk again and Noah to be a walking mat, sex, sex, sex, short separation where Cameron think of the brat and the sex, and Noah cannot let go of his crush and the sex, and sex, sex, sex. In the end, I just skip all the sex pages, find out what happens with them in the last few pages, close it, and move on t
Nichole (Dirty H)

The best part of this book was the excerpt from Ally Blue's Untamed Heart at the end. :) (I'm a little biased, I adore Ally Blue.)

So basically... I did not enjoy this book anywhere near as much as I hoped/expected too. It sounded really good. The "I had a crush on you years ago" thing is one of my favorite themes in m/m romance, as is the "oops, I'm f*cking your little brother" theme. Which is why I loved J.L. Langley's The Tin Star. But this book did not satisfy.

There were basically tw
Cindi
Tara
This is my first K.A. Mitchell book. It was a light romance about Noah Winthrop and the man he has been in love with his whole life, Cameron Lewis. The book starts 10 years after Noah realizes he's gay and 6 years after their one night stand.

After the initial setup, the story travels rapidly through their relationship. Cameron travels a lot for work. And while the story is from the POV of both men, we never quite get a clear picture of Cameron. All of his POVs are almost always when he is with C
DarienMoya
^^ALMOST DROWNED!^^
3.5

I thought Diving in Deep was gonna be awesome , but it was decent at best. It had some sexy points but the two male characters just sometimes annoyed me, so stubborn they were. Maybe all that diving and breath holding made them lose oxygen to the brain, which left them stupid.

THE RUNDOWN- Noah is in love with his brother’s best friend and he decides to make a move. Well you see Noah is 15 at the time and Cameron feels he is a little too young. Plus he will never make a m
DaisyGirl
3.5 Stars

Noah has had a crush on his older brother's best friend, Cameron, since he was 15-years-old. At 19, Noah loses his virginity to Cam on the night of his brother's wedding. Fast forward five years and Noah and Cam's paths cross yet again. Sparks fly and Noah is intent on hanging on to Cam, despite his dick-wad ways.

I liked this book. I admit, Cam was an ass. At first, I felt so bad for Noah. He'd been beholden to this crazy crush for years. Unrequited love/lust sucks! Even though Noah did
Lilia Ford
This book really is almost entirely sex. Noah and Cam are very likable leads, but their long-distance relationship means they actually don't do much of anything together but get it on. I didn't like it as much as the other Florida books, though it's certainly very hot. Love getting to know Joey, one of the great characters in M/M fiction.
Christina
This was a fun read, nothing heavy. Noah Winthrop has been in love with his brother’s best friend, Cameron Lewis since he was 15. After a one time fling when Noah was in college, they went their separate ways. When they meet up several years later, Noah is all grown-up and Cam takes notice. Wow, did they have fun! Lots and lots of sex. This brought to the surface some hidden desires and forced them both to face their feelings. The lack of communication got frustrating at times but they slowly re ...more
Katherine
I only made it about three-quarters into this book until I gave up. It was very disappointing, especially based on the ratings other readers gave this book. The characters are very one dimensional and shallow. Even the sex scenes are not very steamy, in fact they can be downright confusing. I had to reread some passages trying to figure out how they switched positions around so quickly. Its light reading and might be nice to read if you can use your imagination and fill in the gaps in the story. ...more
Richard

I recently discovered K. A. Mitchell and quickly read and loved the OHIO BOOKS and am currently on book #3 of her BAD IN BALTIMORE books. Some of the best MM romance I have read to date.
Strong, flawed men who in all of their drama never lose the core of who they are.

So naturally I assumed and hoped, THE FLORIDA BOOKS will be similar

Passage:
“Noah didn’t give off a bottom vibe.
Despite his long hair and apple-shaped, fuckable ass,
Noah carried himself like a top”
Comment:
Boys- be warned, DESPITE yo
JR
Feb 21, 2014 JR rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: romance, life, favorites
Well, I read this series backwards, but that is okay since number one is just as good as number 3.

Cam knows Noah as his friend Adam's younger brother. Noah and Cam share a fateful night at Adam's wedding. It has been 6 years since that night, now they meet again in a class that Cam is giving on CPR. Neither has forgotten, but Noah has never stopped loving Cam. Cam does not need love, just someone to have sex with. Noah has other ideas.

This is hot, sexy and riddle with angst. Great combination
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
I kinda read this series out of order but it really doesn't matter, these books can be stand alones.

Crushing on your older brothers best friend...yeah buddy!

Ahhhh....Cameron & Noah what a hot couple (even when they weren't actually a couple they had some steamy tension between 'em). This was a quick read :) quite a bit of sex but it wasn't the same stuff every time...a lot of variety :0) Even with all the sexin we do get a bit of a 'realistic' story or at least some of the issues that are
Silkeeeeee
Lots and lots of sex. There's not much storyline here. It's one of the, 'he doesn't know what he's missing until it's gone tropes.' normally I love lots of sex in my reads but it really needs to have one of three things, emotional connection, extreme hotness or sadism. There were a few hot moments but the rest seemed mundane. Sorry. ...more
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
So they fight
Cameron and Noah have sex
they fight some more
Cameron sleeps with random guys every night
they have sex
they fight
Cameron sleeps with more random guys

and so on yeah

Preston
This was not as provoking a story as it should have been given that Ms. Mitchell is a talented author.

Little development of characters. Less development of plot. It was sex filled but emotionally passionless. I got bored.

I feel as Nancy did when in her review (see it at: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... ) she wrote, " The sex scenes were frequent, repetitive, lacking emotion, and very boring. They started to blend together and I found myself skimming through them to get to the resolution
Stephen
Little Noah Winthrop used to tag along on adventures with his older brother and his brother's best friend Cameron Lewis. That was one thing; but the boys got older and young Noah's feeling morphed into a crush on his big brother's best friend. Now, that's something else entirely.

Years later, the boys met again at his big brother's wedding, Noah got a taste of what he wanted while Cameron chalked it up as a harmless one time thing. So why is it that six years later, when the boys meet yet again,
Alvin John
A PLEASANT AND SEXY READ.

I liked it. Like all the other K.A. Mitchell books I've read.

For some reason, I have a love and hate relationship with her writing. I don't like her narration. It's almost all over the place for me. I really liked her dialogues and I love how she writes the sex. stuff. She is a very good sex writer. It's actually what I look forward with her books. (the sex)

Cameron is the bestfriend of Noah's brother. He knew Noah from way back and he also knew that Noah has a crush on
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
I am a bit stuck with a few books and I can't seem to get over the end of a series I loved, so I needed a light, thoughtless read and this was perfect. Light and thoughtless are not bad qualities for a book, especially when it means it can make your mind relax. I am not a overly romantic person, but this was romantic without being fluffy, in my opinion.

Noah has been in love with Cameron, his brother's best friend, since when he was a teenager. After a passionate night after his brother's wedding
AnnaLund
Jan 28, 2013 AnnaLund rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: M/M romance buffs
Well now, that was a delightful, sexy story. There is even a slight allusion to plot in there with all the p0rn.

I loved how the characters actually grew up and started taking responsibility for their own lives. And I loved these two men, Cameron and Noah. Perfect.

Best line?

"Okay then. But if either of you try to turn my sons into"—Adam paused, lips pursed in disgust—"Yankee fans, I'll kill you both."

Indeed.

***
I was NOT asked to read this book by anyone, I paid for it with my own money, as I do
Kinny
I skipped pages. there was too much sex with a creep and boy with no self respect. Cameron is a selfish prick who never thinks it's his fault and would never compromise. his way or the Highway. It's emotional and mental abuse. Only his feelings matter.

Noah did all the compromising. he had the upper hand but threw it away for this jerk who repeatedly treats him like trash. It came to a point I wanted to see Cam gang raped by AIDS ridden psychos.
Toni (U.A.C.)
It was okay. Almost immediately I wanted to punch Cameron in the nads though, and while he did eventually end up redeeming himself I still didn't get a warm fuzy for him. If this were real life and I knew these men and they were to break up I'd be on Team Noah and probably spend a little time trying to talk Noah into letting me doing a few mean things to Cam.
UKSandy
Dec 05, 2010 UKSandy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I enjoyed Noah and Cam and liked the ending but this book wasn't enough of a story for me. The M/M sex scenes (which I do love) got a bit repetitive after a bit and I found myself skimming a lot. I will be continuing with this series though.
Charmaine Stephens
This book was pure hotness all the way through. If your looking for plenty of steamy sexy man love with a good deal of sexual tension? This is it! Only thing I will say, and its surprising for me to say it because I love my smut books. But this almost had too much sex sometimes! Primarily majority of the time it focused more on the sex than the actual story. I just needed a bit more a background info into these two lives before they got together to understand them on a deeper level beside in the ...more
  • St. Nacho's (St. Nacho's #1)
  • Aidan and Ethan (Seeking Redemption, #1)
  • The Englor Affair (Sci-Regency #2)
  • Handyman (Handyman #1)
  • The Closer You Get (Distance Between Us, #2)
  • Double Blind (Special Delivery, #2)
  • Bareback (Bareback, #1)
  • Purgatory (Heaven Sent, #2)
  • Str8te Boys
  • No Going Home (Home, #1)
  • The Happy Onion
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • Promises (Coda Books, #1)
  • Uneven
K.A. Mitchell discovered the magic of writing at an early age when she learned that a carefully crayoned note of apology sent to the kitchen in a toy truck would earn her a reprieve from banishment to her room. Her career as a spin-control artist was cut short when her family moved to a two-story house, and her trucks would not roll safely down the stairs. Around the same time, she decided that Ch ...more
More about K.A. Mitchell...
Collision Course (Florida Books, #2) Bad Boyfriend (Bad in Baltimore, #2) Bad Company (Bad in Baltimore, #1) Regularly Scheduled Life (Ohio Books, #1) No Souvenirs (Florida Books, #3)

“The sound Noah made when he speared him with his tongue sent Cameron from hard and twitching to gotta fuck or die.” 7 likes
“Noah’s eyes fixed on his, and the vulnerability Cameron saw there tightened his chest until it was almost too hard to say it.” 4 likes