Start by marking “The Strength of Three” as Want to Read:
The Strength of Three

The Strength of Three

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  1,416 ratings  ·  48 reviews

Never let it be said that ex-soldiers don’t know what to do with their hands…

When it comes to men, Christina isn’t just gun shy, she’s downright terrified. Her abusive drunk of a father, plus bad experiences in high school and college, have cemented her belief that all men are the same—ruthless and violent at the slightest provocation.

She tells herself she couldn’t care

Published August 28th 2007 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about The Strength of Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Strength of Three

Colters' Woman by Maya BanksRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesA Table for Three by Lainey ReeseLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesDecadent by Shayla Black
Best Ménage Fiction
81st out of 825 books — 1,054 voters
The Tin Star by J.L. LangleyPurgatory by Jet MyklesHeaven by Jet MyklesThe Assignment by Evangeline AndersonWith Caution by J.L. Langley
Favorite MM/MMF Romance Novels
34th out of 218 books — 129 voters

More lists with this book...

Dina
Christina, TJ and Jon were introduced in Two Sighted. Since I really liked that story, I thought I´d give The Strength of Three a try, even though I knew it was a ménage story. Who knew, maybe I´d enjoy it... Well, I had to stop reading when the dynamic trio "hooked up" for the first time. Definitely, not my cuppa. :(
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Feb 01, 2011 Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Shelves: read-in-2011
If only in real life this can happen. 2 men helpless in love with 1 woman and willing to share...at THE SAME TIME.
Super hot scene for my first mènage a trois, tolerable anal play ;)

Thanks Suzanne!
Emily
Born and raised in by an abusive alcoholic, Christina Marshall has aversions to men and alcohol. Christina has resigned herself to bieng alone, even though Jonathan Winslow and TJ McFee provide powerful eye candy.

Jon and TJ have been waiting for a chance to show Christina that they would never do anything to hurt her and earn her trust. They knew long ago that they wanted a menage' relationship to feel complete, and Christina is the one to make it happen. They just have to find a way to break d
Ann has a dirty mouth
This book was very sexy, but it had way too much soap operatic wacky sauce. I don't think stories this slight can have so much weight of family drama suicide and murder put on them without it coming across as very trite.
Deb
I like ménage stories, and am agnostic on dominance games so that isn't why I am giving this one star. I am giving it one star because it is boring and offensive. Christina is afraid of men due to her abusive father and brother. The solution to her problem is to be dominated by two hot ex-military pals who share a common trait, zero personality. Perhaps in the hands of a more competent and sensitive writer, a women learning to overcome her fears by realizing she is the one really in control woul ...more
marlene
christina grew up in a house with an abusive drunk father. he beat her mother and her mother always took him back. christina's brother decided to follow in his father's footsteps so christina left that situation entirely. now she has issues trusting men in general.

christina works with TJ and Jon. two close friends who live together and share their women. with a little shove from her friend christina decides she is going to let go a bit and let the boys take her home. after a night with the men
Lauren
Chris was tired of men. Coming from an abusive home where her father constantly beat her mother and her when he would drink too much, she had all she could take and left. Leaving not only her father and mother but her brother who was also turning out to be a lot like their father.

Her best friend Aislinn is determined to get Chris out of her rut and she knows just the guys to do it! TJ Mcfee and Jonathan Winslow. Known for their "double-teaming", and their smoking hot bodies.

They have been waiti
Erica
I was very disappointed in this book to say the least. All I have heard about this book since before I purchased it was how great it is, how hot it is, blah blah blah. I was very disappointed. I didn't connect with any of the three characters at all. Chris seemed just way too skittish and in need of therapy. The guys? Way, WAY too bossy and pushy for my taste...and I like alpha males! I don't know. It just felt like she resigned herself to a threesome with TJ and Jon instead of dying for it, whi ...more
Sheila
Very good short story. I have only read one other book by Ms McKenna and have enjoyed both.
Maggie
Well I was sort of lost at the start, the heroine seems tries to portray herself as scared of men yet within the blink of an eye she is 'creaming' (her word not mine!) for not one but two guys.
There is not enough plot development for any of the background story to be remotely engaging but if you're after a short hot read then this could be what you are after. The guys are sweet and hot and there is plenty of sex!
Zookie
As always terrific author. Great story. Who doesn't love Ms. McKenna!
Jamie
a short, hot story!
JoAnne
The men want her. She wants them! HOT book!
Nikki Wilde
I liked this one. It wasn't all about the sexy times together. It was really more of a story, which I enjoyed.

Christina doesn't trust men. Her father is an abusive alcoholic and her brother turned out exactly the same. So, she left but it's left her scarred. She wished more than anything her mother would leave, and can't understand why she doesn't. You sort of knew what was going to happen but it was a bit more surprising than that.

I liked it. It was sexy, sweet, and enjoyable.
Maria
The story was all to short, that´s way I only gave it 3 stars. I loved the characters and I wanted to know more about them. The story could have been deepened with the tragic story about the heroines family and the suspense could have been build more with her evil brother.
And Ms McKenna sure can write hot sex scenes. I like menage-books and I wouldn't have minded a bit more physical contact between Jon and JT but in my dirty fantasy they will soon.
T.
I decided to give McKenna another try, regardless of my disappointment with Two Sighted. Main reasons, I loved the characters of Jon and TJ from the first book, and, of course, the menage angle is pretty intriguing. I enjoyed the story for this book a lot more than the first. The characters were not as strong as I normally prefer, but the book was a good read and I'm glad I picked it up.
Brooke
This book was shit. There was no character development, there was no plot. There was pretty much nothing happening at all except sex. And the sex was gross. Words like "sopping" and "puffy" are not sexy. I thought some of the positions described could have been hot but this book lacked the details and the build up to pull it off. It sucked. Pure and simple.
Jaime
Christina, TJ and Jon, loved it. I would have liked to see more background to Christina and her abusive drunk of a father. The picture was painted but I didn’t get enough of why she turned out the way she did, with her issues.
The sex was hot.
But, all in all I would say a 3.5 but because we don’t do .5 stars, I’ll go for 4.
This was an ok story. It was well written, with great characters and very funny at times. But most of the story revolved around the bedroom. It had a great potential for being an amazing story but any plot was second to the sex between the three of them. I ended up skimming a good majority of it.
Amber
I really like the abused heroine trope, though less so the menage one. At the start of this novel (a sequel to Two Sighted), the heroine and hero(s) have already been pining (ie. lusting) after each other for some time, so this book was more about overcoming fears (and hot sex) than a romance.
Peace Love and Reviews
A heroine - Christina, who sworn off men because of his drunk and wife beater of a father and a druggie of a brother, suddenly got entangled (literally) with two hot ex-marine co-worker Jon and TJ over one weekend. Sexy and hot but not too hot like what I was expecting it to be.
Devin
Much too short, so there wasn't much emotional depth, nor any build up to the violence. However, it was easy to sympathize Chris' traumatic past. Mrs. McKenna did a good job of not rushing the relationship-y bits, despite the EXTREME shortness of the story.
Debbie
I really liked this book. I liked watching Chris learn to trust her men. I liked watching their relationship grow. There was also enough suspense to keep things very interesting. This book was so good I'm going to be checking out more of Annmarie's books.
Julianna
I liked it. I liked the fact that the guys were patient and recognized her feelings and tried to make her totally comfortable. I also liked how they stood buy her through all the family drama, it was really good, just a little short.
Ineedavacay
It's short, but a good read.
Niki
there was a lot of story in this one, but for a woman with major trust issues to basically move in with her coworkers that quickly seem unbelievable to me. they're relationship was great, just too fast.
Roni Guzman
Wow!!! Two Special Ops guys. How lucky can one person get. I wish it was a little bit longer or maybe an epilogue to see if they got married and had children. HOT and STEAMY so be prepared :)
Katie
Didn't really like this one. It was too short and I really didn't even get to know the characters enough to care about them. More of a snippet than an actual story.
Sharyn
This book was more ADHD than me.
  • Glutton for Pleasure
  • Three for Me?
  • Coming Full Circle (Friends and Lovers #2)
  • The Perfect Union (Perfect Love Series, #1)
  • Monica's Secret (Erogenous Zones, #1)
  • Belonging to Them (Daly Way, #1)
  • Tea for Three
  • Hardcore Cowboys (Ride 'em Hard, #1)
  • Salvation (Three's Allowed #3)
  • Love Slave for Two
  • Falling, Freestyle (Xtreme Adventures, #1)
  • Our Man Friday
  • Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4)
  • Something New (Foster Siblings, #2)
  • Love's Strategy (Brothers in Arms #3)
  • The Naughty List
  • Siren Enslaved (Texas Sirens, #3)
  • Tempt Me Twice
Annmarie McKenna lives with her husband and five kids in the Midwest. Throw in a dog and a cat and she’s well over her limit for the average family. Luckily, writing fantasies has proven to be an excellent way to de-stress from her daily life of being a cleaning woman, chauffeur, cook and mom. Okay, cleaning woman—not so much. She leaves that to her hubby. Now if only she could figure out how to d ...more
More about Annmarie McKenna...
Blackmailed Seeing Eye Mate (Mates, #1) Checkmate (Mates, #2) Make Mine Midnight Tooth and Claw

“So if I said I didn’t like the whole sucking thing at all… ”

“I’d say based on the enthusiasm you showed by practically taking the skin off my cock you’re full of shit.”
7 likes