Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Paganism” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Paganism

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Paganism

You're no idiot, of course. But finding the perfect expression of your spirituality can prove long and challenging. You might already be attracted to paganism, but considering the variety of traditions and paths that fall in this category, you need a spiritual guide. Seek no further! Whether you're interested in following the pagan path or just curious to know more, 'The C ...more
Published April 1st 2002 by Alpha (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Paganism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Paganism

Angel
May 22, 2010 Angel rated it liked it
Shelves: religion-studies
While interesting at times, the book can be a little dry at times as well. If you are someone who does not know much about paganism and how it lives on today, then this book provides a pretty good start. Rather than reading it through, like I did, I think readers would be better off just reading the first chapter or two, then skimming and browsing through the parts that interest them. A strength of this book is that it provides a very good bibliography for further reading as well as a pretty goo ...more
Alyssa
Nov 14, 2016 Alyssa rated it liked it
Good for general information.
Soapykitty
May 08, 2013 Soapykitty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-book
I checked the first version of this book out from the library almost a week ago and haven't put it down since! I knew a lot about Paganism before I read this,but it opened my mind to many other things.I just wish he explained all the differen't European pagan groups in more detail.Most of that chapter is Dedicated to Druidism.
Feb 13, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
This is seriously my bible. If you are just delving into the world of Paganism, I highly recommend this book. It covers all the basics of the ins & outs of Paganism, and is a great place to start learning about the religion. I will continue to refer back to this book time, and time again, until I don't need to anymore.
David
Nov 27, 2014 David rated it really liked it
This title is a fantastic introduction to paganism. It covers pretty much everything about pagan spirituality in a fun, informative way, with big tips on dos and don'ts. It's an enlightening, non-biased text set to explain without lecturing.
Maya
Oct 23, 2008 Maya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paganism
A good place to start.
Raven Seanchai
Very good introductory book to Paganism. Everything is very well explained.
Amy
Jul 21, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
I have read many books on Paganism and this is one of the best. Thoroughly researched, well written,, useful both as a resource and as a personal guide, I highly recommend this book.
Bad Tim
Mar 29, 2008 Bad Tim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pagan
i felt kind of silly for buying this book, but i'm glad i did. it would have been nice to have at the beginning of my search for my path.
Anthony Seaney
May 16, 2014 Anthony Seaney rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Knowledge Sponges
As a person looking to increase their knowledge I found this book very helpful. It helped separate some of the major practices under the "pagan" umbrella.
Kristin
Aug 23, 2013 Kristin rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2013, new-age
The first parts of the book give a nice overview of paganism, but it loses steam as it goes along and by the end it's pretty redundant and gets pretty dry.
Rena
Rena rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Linda Regalado
Linda Regalado rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2014
PJ
PJ rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2015
Christina
Christina rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2013
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2007
Hadi
Hadi rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Bree Lark
Bree Lark rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2015
Sean
Sean rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Jovan
Jovan rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2013
Korin
Korin rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Mairghread
Mairghread rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2010
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Victoria Laughlin
Victoria Laughlin rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2017
Steven Wilson
Steven Wilson rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2012
Marc
Marc rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2011
Ferdinand Tabuyan
Ferdinand Tabuyan rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Josephine Winter
Josephine Winter rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2017
Kayla Z
Kayla Z rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Paganism: An Introduction to Earth-Centered Religions
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft
  • Celebrate the Earth: A Year of Holidays in the Pagan Tradition
  • Cakes and Ale for the Pagan Soul: Spells, Recipes, and Reflections from Neopagan Elders and Teachers
  • Book of Pagan Prayer
  • Magickal Mystical Creatures: Invite Their Powers Into Your Life
  • Sabbats: A Witch's Approach to Living the Old Ways
  • Practical Solitary Magic
  • Autumn Equinox: The Enchantment of Mabon
  • The Pagan Book of Days: A Guide to the Festivals, Traditions, and Sacred Days of the Year
  • 21st Century Wicca: A Young Witch's Guide to Living the Magical Life
  • Everyday Sun Magic: Spells & Rituals for Radiant Living
  • The Winter Solstice: The Sacred Traditions of Christmas
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Hinduism
  • Grandmother Moon: Lunar Magic in Our Lives--Spells, Rituals, Goddesses, Legends, and Emotions Unde
  • The Path of Druidry: Walking the Ancient Green Way
  • Everyday Witch A to Z: An Amusing, Inspiring & Informative Guide to the Wonderful World of Witchcraft
  • Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions
Carl McColman writes about various aspects of the spiritual life, particularly mysticism, contemplative prayer, and monastic wisdom. His early books explored topics such as paganism (nature spirituality) and Celtic wisdom. In 2005 he entered the Catholic Church and shortly thereafter became a student of Cistercian (Trappist) spirituality. Since then, his books include The Big Book of Christian Mys ...more
More about Carl McColman...