Start by marking “Moon Without Magic” as Want to Read:
Moon Without Magic

Moon Without Magic

Aminah can’t believe her luck—or lack of it—when she discovers that the jinni’s lamp is missing. Somehow the bottle imp remains outside the lamp, devoid of his powers. In their search for the lamp, the girl and the helpless jinni have to rely on wit, bravery, and a bit of sorcery from an unexpected source in order to survive thieving bands, pirates, and their biggest ...more
Published October 4th 2007 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Moon Without Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Without Magic

The Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienThe Complete Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienElla Enchanted by Gail Carson LevineThe Princess Bride by William Goldman
Non-Explicit Fantasy
179th out of 270 books — 89 voters
Fablehaven by Brandon MullLiberty by Annie Laurie CechiniEnna Burning by Shannon HaleThe Candy Shop War by Brandon MullPrincess Academy by Shannon Hale
LDS YA & MG Authors
120th out of 122 books — 47 voters

More lists with this book...

Alison
Mar 03, 2015 Alison rated it it was amazing
This book amazed me how it told the story of what occurred after Aladdin had the lamp. It also links the story Ella Enchanted to this book as well. This is a very mysterious tale about a woman who uses the lamp for good but has an addiction to magic. I would love to give this book to students that are fluent readers and have a passion for any Aladdin based tales. This is a great book for helping comprehension skills and fluency skills.
Ji Mei
I really liked how this book was written differently than the first. It was nice. I love how I'm swept away to the land of Arabia and the magic. I like this different take on the Aladdin tale and how it is a whole new story. I also like the references it makes. One thing I got to say is that this book clearly isn't a well-known book since the editing was poor, because I found some spelling mistakes and awkward sentences. Overall, I'm glad I found this series. It was an okay ending.
Laurie
Jan 29, 2009 Laurie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: women, adventure fans, young readers
An adventure story about Aminah and the Magic Lamp. It has an epic feel with intricately woven details about Aminah getting a lamp and losing a lamp to the evil princess Badur. She is the heroine among many heroes who help her, including the demon jinni of the lamp. Interestingly, the author weaves in a Cinderella tale and the possibility of a King Arthur tie-in to this cute and creative story. Pretty okay.
A.
Jul 17, 2011 A. rated it really liked it
A fun fun book to read and enjoy. I thought when I was through with it that perhaps it was the second in a trilogy, but according to Goodreads it is not. So I guess my only criticism really would be that it felt at times like the author thought you should know characters, or have an understanding of past events that you obviously don't know, because there is no prior book explaining them.
Tara
May 08, 2008 Tara rated it liked it
I liked the first book better. This book was still fun, but not as ingenious as the first, and the storyline seemed disjointed in a few places. If there's a third, I'll probably read it, but I'm not dying for it to come out.
Casey
Nov 14, 2010 Casey rated it really liked it
I liked this book. One thing you should know if you want to read this book, is that there's a book before it. It's called Wishing Moon. I have no idea why Michael O. Tunnell didn't advertise the fact that this book is a sequel.
Jess
Mar 09, 2010 Jess rated it liked it
Carrie
Jan 06, 2008 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This is the sequel to Wishing Moon. I really enjoyed it, action and humor, it was good. Of course, the ending leaves room for another title. I'll be looking forward to it.
Jana
Mar 16, 2009 Jana rated it it was ok
I liked Wishing Moon much better than this sequel. Too many twists and turns in this one to make it satisfying, and I really disliked the Cinderella tie-in.
Janette
Janette rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2008
Griffin
Griffin rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Greta
Nov 01, 2015 Greta rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, juvenile
Re-read this one after re-reading Wishing Moon. Another favorite!
Sarah rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2010
Cheri
Cheri rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2012
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was ok
Feb 22, 2013
Maryam
Maryam rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2009
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
May 07, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
May 07, 2013
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2012
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2012
Shelby
Shelby rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2012
Claire
Claire rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2008
Kiersten Robertson
Kiersten Robertson rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2013
Ahicken
Ahicken rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2008
Suzie
Suzie rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2008
A
A rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Cassie Johnson
Cassie Johnson rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2010
Brittanymariko
Brittanymariko rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2009
Lydia
Lydia rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

“And as you see, poor Idris was...persuaded,shall we say? Yes,persuaded to tell me about Tyre and his own route back to Al-Kal'as from there. Faysal, reveal to her his pain."

The Captain of the Guard dragged Idris forward. Faysal then ripped away his shirt, and Aminah gasped. Angry scars laced his bare chest, some of the burns still crusted and weeping. Tears tumbled down Aminah's face, but Idris did not raise his head to see them. "Forgive me" he mumered.”
2 likes