Start by marking “Mastering Social Psychology” as Want to Read:
Mastering Social Psychology

Mastering Social Psychology

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  6 reviews
'The Essentials of Social Psychology' shows how the findings of social psychology have reversed or refined common sense ideas. For example: Can we be scared into changing our attitudes? Do opposites attract?
Published November 13th 2006 by Allyn & Bacon (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mastering Social Psychology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mastering Social Psychology

Jillian
I was assigned Mastering Social Psychology for the community college class I'm teaching. I'm not overly impressed, but it's certainly not a bad or unworkable text. It's very clear and organized (though I think some sections could be reordered to cut down on repetition), and it includes pretty much everything you'd expect in a survey of Social Psychology. The major familiar studies are all there along with some some interesting recent research. But I disagreed with some of their interpretations o...more
Jade
Mastering Social Psychology is a good introductory book on social psychology, which may make its title of ‘mastering’ it a bit misleading. It gives a pretty good overview of the field, provides fine case studies, and breaches all topics needed in order to understand just what social psychology is and what it all includes. It’s definitely a solid textbook for beginners, and quite easy to get into.

It covers the general field of social psychology, social cognition, social perception, attitudes, the...more
Scott Whitney
I have enjoyed this class and the discussions which the material in the book has initiated. I also like the layout of the book and the way the material is presented. It is easy for a beginning psychology student to understand.
Brittany
3.5 Overall not a bad textbook.
Rita
what i've read so far is good.
Brandon Cahall
a high school level text
Gzl
Gzl marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Marc Johnson
Marc Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Kierra Benton
Kierra Benton marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Casey
Casey is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Dimsonix
Dimsonix marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Thea Zhou
Thea Zhou marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Franz Rey
Franz Rey marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Shanmukha Rao
Shanmukha Rao marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Nidhi Sinha
Nidhi Sinha is currently reading it
Mar 06, 2014
Nguyễn Lý
Nguyễn Lý marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Ahmed Elbetar
Ahmed Elbetar marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Zestadianna
Zestadianna marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Chi
Chi marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Social Psychology Psychology Exploring Social Psychology My Psych Lab With E Book Student Access Code Card For Social Psychology (Standalone) (12th Edition) Entrepreneurship: A Process Perspective