Start by marking “The Power of Ethical Management” as Want to Read:
The Power of Ethical Management

The Power of Ethical Management

Ethics in business is the most urgent problem facing America today. Now two of the best-selling authors of our time, Kenneth Blanchard and Norman Vincent Peale, join forces to meet this crisis head-on in this vitally important new book. The Power of Ethical Management proves you don't have to cheat to win. It shows today's managers how to bring integrity back to the workpl ...more
Published February 11th 1988 by William Morrow (first published January 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about The Power of Ethical Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power of Ethical Management

Connie  Kuntz
Dec 27, 2015 Connie Kuntz rated it liked it
I have a *slight* addiction to self-help books, so when I saw this sitting on Jesse's desk, I grabbed it and read it. (It's his. It's his required reading for an online seminar he is to attend.)

I enjoyed reading it. It has several good reminders tucked throughout about practicing patience daily. I also appreciated the lesson about not (repeat: NOT) demonizing or demolishing (or even "justifying") the competition. Finally, the authors recommend starting the day from a place of introspection. We
Sharon
Oct 17, 2008 Sharon rated it really liked it
I had to do a book review for a class and this book was short. It was actually really good, too. Really put ethical behavior in the work place in perspective.
Shadow
Oct 09, 2014 Shadow rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, easy to read, and full of knowledge that every worker should take in consideration prior to start working. I completely loved it and I am going to read it again. it is only around 150 pages.
Venuraj
Sep 12, 2015 Venuraj rated it really liked it
Shelves: management
Interesting read.
Rachel
Jun 19, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick-read and kept my attention throughout. At first I thought the scenario was a little cheesy as the authors used it to articulate their thoughts on management, but ultimately it was very effective and the story made all of the advice seem more natural. I'm a college student, not on a track to get involved in business necessarily, and I truly enjoyed the read and took a lot from it that I will be able to use in my life and leadership roles.
Filip
Nov 28, 2007 Filip rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who are in leader positions
Shelves: the-dusty-shelf
I read the book rather than listen to cassettes, anyhow this book gives simple examples why acting ethical makes more sense than "cheating"... If you have Christian beliefs than this book should not present things that are revolutionary... in the end ethics is not something we invented ten years ago, if we invented it at all... The book is short so whether or not it is a good read is really irrelevant since one can finish it under an hour. :-)
Nate
Mar 12, 2013 Nate rated it liked it
Somewhat overly simplistic but contained several good ideas. I found it a bit strange that this book was written in "parable" form, but it seemed to work. It is mostly an overview, leaving any hard-hitting or controversial points alone. As short as it is, it is definitely something to read if you are interested in ethics and/or management.
Timothy
Aug 06, 2010 Timothy rated it really liked it
This is a little more my pace than some of Blanchard's Minute Monkey stuff. The CEO of the company I worked for, now retired yet still acting Chairman of the Board, of my employer recommended this book. I firmly believe in karma. This book shows you how karma is very predictable and reactive - not hocus pocus at all.
Aimee
May 29, 2009 Aimee rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It really opened my eyes to people's different ideas of ethics and values that surround us.
Phjunior
Aug 06, 2012 Phjunior rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspirador e desafiante, principalmente em um mundo onde as pessoas costumam se perder no mundo dos negócios e do dinheiro.
Joe
Feb 16, 2010 Joe rated it liked it
If everyone could live and act this way the world would be a better place.
Phjunior
Aug 06, 2012 Phjunior rated it really liked it
Inspirational and a must read for young students of management....
Mohdalshawan alshawan
Apr 30, 2013 Mohdalshawan alshawan rated it really liked it
the book that summarieses the pathway to significance
Igor
Oct 16, 2011 Igor rated it liked it
Shelves: business, ethics
Basic value system for any entrepreneur.
JERRY MOFFATT
JERRY MOFFATT is currently reading it
Aug 31, 2016
David Marino
David Marino marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Nishanthini Vinothraj
Nishanthini Vinothraj marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Leo
Leo marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Diogo Vara
Diogo Vara marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Akansha
Akansha marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Kris
Kris added it
Jul 23, 2016
Danushi
Danushi rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Arsenio Carima
Arsenio Carima marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Vivian Newton
Vivian Newton marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
M. Azhaari Shah
M. Azhaari Shah rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Krešimir Dumanowski
Krešimir Dumanowski rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Andrew Rocha
Andrew Rocha marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
  • Putting the One Minute Manager to Work: How to Turn the 3 Secrets into Skills
  • Leaders: Strategies for Taking Charge
  • The Magic of Conflict: Turning a Life of Work into a Work of Art
  • The 7 Habits for Managers: Managing Yourself, Leading Others, Unleashing Potential
  • Power of Positive Living
  • Management of the Absurd
  • The Mormon Way of Doing Business: Leadership and Success Through Faith and Family
  • The Power Principle: Influence With Honor
  • Top Performance: How to Develop Excellence in Yourself and Others
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • In Search of the Warrior Spirit: Teaching Awareness Disciplines to the Green Berets
  • The 5 Patterns of Extraordinary Careers : The Guide for Achieving Success and Satisfaction (Crown Business Briefings)
  • Ordinary People, Extraordinary Wealth