Start by marking “Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make” as Want to Read:
Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make

Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  163 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Amigurumi--Japanese for cute, little stuffed dolls. (See cute book cover if you're having trouble with the translation.) It's the latest and hottest craft craze among young and trendy crafters.

Crobots features a 20-strong army of charming, cuddly amigurumi designs such as BigBot, BabyBot (don't let his age fool you), Geisha, DogBot, CatBot, and Thinker.

The pattern for each
Published April 21st 2009 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Crobots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crobots

Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen HadenAmigurumi World by Ana Paula RimoliCrobots by Nelly PaillouxAmigurumi Two! by Ana Paula RimoliYummi 'Gurumi by Christen Haden
Best Amigurumi Books
3rd out of 23 books — 31 voters
Knits for Nerds by Toni CarrTwisted Stitches by Phil DavisonThe Star Wars Craft Book by Bonnie BurtonAnticraft by Renee RigdonCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden
Geek crafts
15th out of 70 books — 18 voters

More lists with this book...

Nikki
Jan 09, 2012 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, crafts
Not so tempted to make anything from this book, but they are really cute, and the instructions seem clear enough. It even has a section on all the stitches, so it works for beginners, too -- there's even a bit on the various sewing stitches to use to sew on the decorations. Keeping this around: I'm sure I know someone who'd like a robot for Christmas...
Latanya
Nelly Pailloux has revived the traditional craft of crocheting, transforming it from its stereotypical role as a hobby exclusively for the elderly. Will its trendy theme and easy to follow instructions, Crobots is a crocheting guide that introduces children of all ages to the craft as they create crocheted robots (crobots). Crobots is unique in its ability to transcend gender and characterize crocheting as a skill that can be learned and enjoyed by boys as well as girls. There are instructions f ...more
Iaan Wiltshire
Feb 19, 2015 Iaan Wiltshire rated it it was amazing
Get a tiny crochet hook - you'll need it! While she says these aren't suitable as toys for small children (read: cats), they can easily be converted by just not including any of the small beads, springs or other choke-risk embellishments. I've made the zombiebot and the dogbot, looking forward to making many more. It's also a great way to use up all those little left-over mini balls of yarn.
Joshua Gage
Sep 17, 2014 Joshua Gage rated it it was ok
Shelves: crochet
While a few of these patterns are cute, the majority of them are unattractive. Furthermore, the addition of non-yarn parts (buttons, beads, tire valves???) and extra crafting required takes away from the crochet aspect.
Mckinley
Jul 11, 2014 Mckinley rated it it was ok
I don't crochet but if I did I'll try making one of these.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Apr 18, 2012 Kelly H. (Maybedog) rated it liked it
All of these require more than just crochet. Many of them need springs and screws and sequins to finish. Some are ugly, some are weird but a number are absolutely adorable. The assembly instructions are a one page visual map and I like that a lot. But I think they have you make separate crochet sections that you have to sew together when new segments could just be added to existing pieces by picking up stitches.
Anna
Oct 18, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
Beautiful crocheted robot amigurumis and how to make them step by step.
And with instructions how to crochet (so this will work beautifully for a beginner too). I might get some ideas of this for some future toy mice...
Shannon
Sep 20, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: crochet
This is a crochet book versus knitting. Cursory instructions are given, but may not be thorough enough. However, actual project instructions look very comprehensive. Ranking by skill level will be great when starting out.
Tracy
Dec 07, 2014 Tracy rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
I clearly must be daft when it comes to crochet because even with these spelled out steps of robot creation, I was still left tangled in knots.

Cute designs - just not for me.
Courtney
They have really cute projects. I am probably one of the few that actually read these vs just skim. I thought the patterns were well written. I cannot wait to try a couple out!
Robin
Dec 22, 2010 Robin rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
Wee tiny little robot patterns that are just too cute. Haven't made any of the patterns myself yet but it kicks in my creative drive just looking at the pictures.
Carrie
Oct 05, 2011 Carrie rated it liked it
ACK. ADORABLE. I would make all of these, except I know I'm too lazy to sew on the bits of felt and eyes and stuff. I would just have sad, eyeless robots.
Brittany
Aug 25, 2014 Brittany rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, crafts
Some of the robots near the end seem like filler bots instead of anything good. I love the idea of using springs, buttons and such as limbs :)
Misty
May 10, 2009 Misty rated it it was amazing
How freakin' cute! A gift from a friend that perked up my day. Soon I will unleash my army of amigurumi on the world!
Heather
The designs in this book are such fun! I have several that I'm looking forward to working this summer.
Jeannie
Aug 22, 2012 Jeannie rated it really liked it
Nice colorful pictures with simple instructions, there were several crobots that I really want to make.
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Wendy  Wilson
Wendy Wilson marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Paredes Family
Paredes Family rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Deena
Deena rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Müge Tombak
Müge Tombak marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Hannah Daffinson
Hannah Daffinson marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
soleah staves
soleah staves rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Jun 18, 2016
Hamidah Al
Hamidah Al marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Hein Zaw
Hein Zaw marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Rita Frearson
Rita Frearson marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
  • Creepy Cute Crochet: Zombies, Ninjas, Robots, and More!
  • Amigurumi Two!: Crocheted Toys for Me and You and Baby Too
  • Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute
  • Tiny Yarn Animals: Amigurumi Friends to Make and Enjoy
  • Zombie Felties: How to Raise 16 Gruesome Felt Creatures from the Undead
  • Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 Circles, Hexagons, Triangles, Squares, and Other Unexpected Shapes
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
  • Knitting Mochimochi: 20 Super-Cute Strange Designs for Knitted Amigurumi
  • Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Amigurumi
  • Super Cute: 25 Amigurumi Animals
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • Super-cute Crochet: Make Your Own Amigurumi Family
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amigurumi
  • The Cute Book
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • Pretty in Punk: 25 Punk, Rock, and Goth Knitting Projects