Start by marking “Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make” as Want to Read:
Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make

Crobots: 20 Amigurumi Robots to Make

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Amigurumi--Japanese for cute, little stuffed dolls. (See cute book cover if you're having trouble with the translation.) It's the latest and hottest craft craze among young and trendy crafters.

Crobots features a 20-strong army of charming, cuddly amigurumi designs such as BigBot, BabyBot (don't let his age fool you), Geisha, DogBot, CatBot, and Thinker.

The pattern for each
Published April 21st 2009 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Crobots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crobots

Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen HadenAmigurumi World by Ana Paula RimoliCrobots by Nelly PaillouxAmigurumi Two! by Ana Paula RimoliYummi 'Gurumi by Christen Haden
Best Amigurumi Books
3rd out of 17 books — 23 voters
Twisted Stitches by Phil DavisonAnticraft by Renee RigdonCreepy Cute Crochet by Christen HadenThe Star Wars Craft Book by Bonnie BurtonKnits for Nerds by Toni Carr
Geek crafts
13th out of 68 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Nikki
Not so tempted to make anything from this book, but they are really cute, and the instructions seem clear enough. It even has a section on all the stitches, so it works for beginners, too -- there's even a bit on the various sewing stitches to use to sew on the decorations. Keeping this around: I'm sure I know someone who'd like a robot for Christmas...
Latanya
Nelly Pailloux has revived the traditional craft of crocheting, transforming it from its stereotypical role as a hobby exclusively for the elderly. Will its trendy theme and easy to follow instructions, Crobots is a crocheting guide that introduces children of all ages to the craft as they create crocheted robots (crobots). Crobots is unique in its ability to transcend gender and characterize crocheting as a skill that can be learned and enjoyed by boys as well as girls. There are instructions f ...more
Joshua Gage
While a few of these patterns are cute, the majority of them are unattractive. Furthermore, the addition of non-yarn parts (buttons, beads, tire valves???) and extra crafting required takes away from the crochet aspect.
Mckinley
I don't crochet but if I did I'll try making one of these.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
All of these require more than just crochet. Many of them need springs and screws and sequins to finish. Some are ugly, some are weird but a number are absolutely adorable. The assembly instructions are a one page visual map and I like that a lot. But I think they have you make separate crochet sections that you have to sew together when new segments could just be added to existing pieces by picking up stitches.
Anna
Beautiful crocheted robot amigurumis and how to make them step by step.
And with instructions how to crochet (so this will work beautifully for a beginner too). I might get some ideas of this for some future toy mice...
Shannon
This is a crochet book versus knitting. Cursory instructions are given, but may not be thorough enough. However, actual project instructions look very comprehensive. Ranking by skill level will be great when starting out.
Tracy
Dec 07, 2014 Tracy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
I clearly must be daft when it comes to crochet because even with these spelled out steps of robot creation, I was still left tangled in knots.

Cute designs - just not for me.
Courtney
They have really cute projects. I am probably one of the few that actually read these vs just skim. I thought the patterns were well written. I cannot wait to try a couple out!
Robin
Dec 22, 2010 Robin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Wee tiny little robot patterns that are just too cute. Haven't made any of the patterns myself yet but it kicks in my creative drive just looking at the pictures.
Carrie
ACK. ADORABLE. I would make all of these, except I know I'm too lazy to sew on the bits of felt and eyes and stuff. I would just have sad, eyeless robots.
Brittany
Some of the robots near the end seem like filler bots instead of anything good. I love the idea of using springs, buttons and such as limbs :)
Misty
How freakin' cute! A gift from a friend that perked up my day. Soon I will unleash my army of amigurumi on the world!
Heather
The designs in this book are such fun! I have several that I'm looking forward to working this summer.
Jeannie
Nice colorful pictures with simple instructions, there were several crobots that I really want to make.
Carrie Haqq
Carrie Haqq marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Kristan Price
Kristan Price marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
E.
E. marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Chrissy  Neff
Chrissy Neff marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Mar Tine
Mar Tine marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Christina Barrett
Christina Barrett marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Marie
Marie added it
Oct 23, 2014
Wafa
Wafa marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
  • Creepy Cute Crochet
  • Amigurumi Two!: Crocheted Toys for Me and You and Baby Too
  • Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute
  • Tiny Yarn Animals: Amigurumi Friends to Make and Enjoy
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
  • Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs: 144 Circles, Hexagons, Triangles, Squares, and Other Unexpected Shapes
  • Knitting Mochimochi: 20 Super-Cute Strange Designs for Knitted Amigurumi
  • Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts!: Amigurumi
  • Pretty in Punk: 25 Punk, Rock, and Goth Knitting Projects
  • Zombie Felties: How to Raise 16 Gruesome Felt Creatures from the Undead
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • The Cute Book
  • Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful
  • Not Your Mama's Crochet: The Cool and Creative Way to Join the Chain Gang
  • One-Skein Wonders
  • Loop-d-Loop: More Than 40 Novel Designs for Knitters
  • The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Felties: How to Make 18 Cute and Fuzzy Friends from Felt Crobots: 20 Irresistible Amigurumi Creatures to Crochet