Start by marking “Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3)” as Want to Read:
Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3)

Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi #3)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  633 ratings  ·  15 reviews
World-class entertainer and Sazi councilmember, Antoine Monier has taken his big cats all over the world without any trouble—until his latest trip to Stuttgart, where one of his tigers is stolen and killed. To Antoine's surprise, the German police have another tiger in custody—a tiger who is actually a lovely Turkish-American woman, Tahira Kuric.

Like Antoine, Tahira is a
Published September 30th 2008 by Tor Books (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Captive Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captive Moon

mlady_rebecca
I looked back, but apparently I wasn't reviewing books regularly when I read the first two books in this series. The most dominant thing I remember from the early books is that lycanthropes can smell emotions as food odors. Kind of novel concept.

This book was placed in the same universe, but focused on different characters. Nice for a type of clean start when you don't quite remember the earlier books.

In the end, there were two things that really irritated me about this book. Can't recall if the
Michele
I had three chapters left and I could not find the will to finish it. The plot was okay and it would have been better if the characters were better. I was looking forward to reading this one. I thought it was going to be about weretigers and the like...but...oh my it just wasn't good. Antoine is extremely hard to like. Tahira was okay but I found her to be unbelievable.

I found myself skimming the pages as the characters ate and shopped. -_-
Isisbq
Antoine is an acquired taste. His insecurities as hard to reconcile with the typical Alpha attitude found in paranormal romance. He does grow and that saves him. The introduction of a new set of lycanthrope a with no loyalty to the Sazi made it a transitional story with plenty of future implications on the world building that is taking place.
TinaMarie
Suvi
I've really liked C.T. Adams' and Cathy Clamp's Thrall series and even though this Sazi book was pretty good too, I couldn't help but feel that something was missing. I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's because things seemed to stand still for most of the book, and didn't really move forward except for in the beginning and then in the end. I also felt rather indifferent about the characters, which is always a bad thing. :/ I've only read this book in the Sazi series so far though, so maybe t ...more
Nancy
This book was ok. I just couldn't get into it like the other two. I don't think I liked Antoine as much as Tony. I also couldn't really get swept into the romance because there seemed to be chunks of random story thrown in. I assume it for setting up future storylines but it just bored me to tears. I will continue the series because I loved the first two so i'm putting it down to just one bad story.
Joene
In Captive Moon we learn of different groups of Sazi and how they are interacting with each other. We also learn of groups that are trying to destroy or control different groups of Sazi, and who they are and how they are attempting their takeover of the Sazi and humans, alike. Great Story, and incredible ending!
Ruth Ellen
since I had to skip a few books in this series..I went back and ordered them. This was a story about a guy who doesn't have a clue. It takes him forever to get one. Gee. Someone should have hit him over the head with it. the story was still good.
Serena
Needs more Tony, but....still a good book. The intrigue of the hidden tribe was very cool and I liked the way the authors tied the world together with the earlier events in previous books.
Andrea
I just love this series! I think the author's are wonderful and I love them for bringing me a fresh new type of paranormal romance and I am so looking foward to more from them!
Pete Garza
I thought this book was okay. This is a different part of the Sazi story that is about werecats, snakes, and spiders. It pretty much opens your eyes on the paranormal world.
Flitterkit
Was ok. I figured out a few pages in I have read it before. Oops. :) Like the world. ANd I want one of those Quilts! You'll see when you get there.
Carlie Rose
Jul 23, 2012 Carlie Rose marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i have only read an excerpt in the back of "Moon's Web" but i loved it. I was hooked. can't wait until i get the actual book.
Writtenwyrdd
Not one of the better paranormal romances I've read.
Ashley
Ashley added it
Dec 18, 2014
Laurie Switzer
Laurie Switzer marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Marko Mehner
Marko Mehner marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Carmille
Carmille marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Azza
Azza marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Lacina
Lacina added it
Nov 25, 2014
  • Hidden Moon (Nightcreature, #7)
  • The Fire King (Dirk & Steele, #9)
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Eternal Moon (Moon, #8)
  • The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2)
  • I Hunger for You (Primes, #3)
  • The Dream Thief (Drakon #2)
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • Shifting Love
  • A Darker Crimson (Crimson City, #4)
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • The Lure of the Wolf (Shadowmen #2)
  • Skykeepers (Nightkeepers, #3)
Also known as Cat Adams, a dual-partnership writing team with Cathy Clamp.

She spent seventeen years in the Denver metro area and now resides in Texas with a large dog and pet cats. Office work provided a living while she pursued the goal of becoming a novelist. Forming the partnership with Cathy Clamp was the catalyst that led to publication and the two have enjoyed a long and fruitful collaborati
More about C.T. Adams...
Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1) Touch of Evil (Thrall, #1) Moon's Web (A Tale of the Sazi, #2) Howling Moon  (A Tale of the Sazi, #4) Touch of Madness (Thrall #2)