Start by marking “Secret Love” as Want to Read:
Secret Love

Secret Love (Madaris Family & Friends #8)

4.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  666 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Celebrity actress Diamond Swain needs a peaceful place to hide out from the news-hungry paparazzi—a place like Whispering Pines. And yet from the moment she arrives at the remote Texas ranch, Diamond finds herself at odds with its rugged owner, Jake Madaris—a man who challenges her to care about more than making it to the top.

Jake doesn't have time to babysit some Hollywoo
Published February 1st 2009 by Harlequin Kimani (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Love

Love Unscripted by Tina ReberJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie JamesLove Unrehearsed by Tina ReberThe Accidental Movie Star by Emily  EvansBreathe by Abbi Glines
Hollywood Romance Novels
100th out of 220 books — 429 voters
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonTempt Me at Midnight by Maureen Smith
Favourite Romance Novels
21st out of 25 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Chelsea
Sep 23, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Jake Madaris the ultimate cowboy.... Rounded up Ms. Diamond! Lovely, lovely story! Who wouldn't want to have too much love in their relationship! I love how these two individuals didn't want to fall in love and did anyway on the beautiful Whispering Pines ranch. Great Read! True Love is next in line!
Karen
Aug 04, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Another excellent love story in the Madaris series. It's amazing how true love wins out over troubled times always. Jake Madaris is a man after my own heart that will stop at nothing, not threats against his own life to protect his true love Diamond Swain Madaris. This is a must read! Brenda Jackson has outdone herself again. I can't wait to read the remaining installments in this series!
Bridget
This is one of my favorite books by Brenda Jackson! When I read this book it felt as if I could smell the bluebonnets of the page and could visually see his ranch. I loved how descriptive this book was of Jacob and Diamond's feelings as well as the land. I could picture the story as I read it. I could read this over and over.
Sheila Jackson
Jul 06, 2009 Sheila Jackson rated it it was amazing
I just started reading Brenda Jackson's books and I have fallen in love with them. I really enjoyed Secret Love. I love the way that she protrays blacks in her books, with the characters (Jake Madaris and Diamond Swain). I believe that "Secret Love" shows that real love can prevail over any situation. LOVE IT!
Pamela
Sep 19, 2010 Pamela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-reads
One of my co-workers let me borrow this book...it was so good. And, actually, I had to buy her another one because I carried it around so much, the cover got torn off...lol!
Celeste
Dec 30, 2014 Celeste rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't leave me, don't ever go away

I am reminded of song lyrics when I read Jacob and Diamond's story. Secret Love is the perfect title, but Enchanted Love would be second best. The traditional wedding vows come to mind, love, honor, protect. The key being love. Jacob loved Diamond, and Diamond loved Jacob. It was not just in word but in deed. How does it go, no greater love, than laying your life down. Well, in their own ways that is what Jacob and Diamond were willing to do. I am constantly rem
Shannon
Great book
Sharifah Natasha
Sep 11, 2012 Sharifah Natasha rated it it was amazing
Connie
Loved it! Jacob Madaris is the wealthy owner of Whispering Pines Ranch. Imagine his surprise when his friend, Sterling, asks if the famous movie star, Diamond Swain, can rest/hide there for three weeks. Jacob wants so badly to say no, but once he gazes into Diamond's beautiful eyes, Jacob finds it impossible to say no! Great story!
Arnissa Burnett
May 31, 2016 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read page for page. A great love story filled with emotions, love, a few scary moments, and humorous. Love will survive through the tough times. It was definitely a book I couldn't put down. This series keeps getting better.
Carolyn King
May 30, 2016 Carolyn King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Favorite Madaris Couple

I never get tired of reading this book. I have the paperback but I had to get the kindle version. I love Jacob Madaris and Diamond Swain as a couple.
Linda
Mar 20, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent love stoy

I loved this story which caused me to give it a high rating. The plot and flow of the book kept me captivated. Totally recommend it to love story hounds.
Donna Lewis
Aug 02, 2015 Donna Lewis rated it it was amazing
Jake and Diamond.....love them.
Brenda Hillmon
Oct 23, 2014 Brenda Hillmon rated it it was amazing
I love books in my age range over 40
Stacey Williams
Aug 21, 2014 Stacey Williams rated it it was amazing
This book didn't disappoint!!! Mrs. Brenda Jackson books are awesome!!!
Dorel
Jun 27, 2014 Dorel rated it it was amazing
This 8th book's story line is very sweet & loving. Some parts of this story surprised me. I felt sorry for Diamond. I loved how Diamond stood up for herself. I loved Jake's character. I loved the updates about the previous characters. I loved the ending.
Linda
Nov 16, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
What an amazing story of love
Brandi
May 04, 2011 Brandi rated it really liked it
Just as good as reading the first time.
Cheryl Shaw
loved it
Cherita
Cherita marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Jeanette Jones
Jeanette Jones rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Shallan Brown
Shallan Brown rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Johneecka
Johneecka marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
T'Laina D.
T'Laina D. is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2016
Salma
Salma marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
KC
KC rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Chaquitta Thrower
Chaquitta Thrower rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
  • Only You (Graysons of New Mexico, #5)
  • Bittersweet Love
  • Jewel
  • I Promise
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Tonight & Forever
  • Cupid's Bow (Madaris Family & Friends, #1.5)
  • Whispered Promises