Start by marking “Secret Love” as Want to Read:
Secret Love

Secret Love (Madaris Family & Friends #8)

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  586 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Celebrity actress Diamond Swain needs a peaceful place to hide out from the news-hungry paparazzi—a place like Whispering Pines. And yet from the moment she arrives at the remote Texas ranch, Diamond finds herself at odds with its rugged owner, Jake Madaris—a man who challenges her to care about more than making it to the top.

Jake doesn't have time to bab
Published February 1st 2009 by Harlequin Kimani (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Love

Love Unscripted by Tina ReberJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie JamesLove Unrehearsed by Tina ReberThe Accidental Movie Star by Emily  EvansBreathe by Abbi Glines
Hollywood Romance Novels
91st out of 206 books — 368 voters
Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonTempt Me at Midnight by Maureen SmithThe Midnight Hour by Brenda Jackson
Favourite Romance Novels
21st out of 25 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Jake Madaris the ultimate cowboy.... Rounded up Ms. Diamond! Lovely, lovely story! Who wouldn't want to have too much love in their relationship! I love how these two individuals didn't want to fall in love and did anyway on the beautiful Whispering Pines ranch. Great Read! True Love is next in line!
Another excellent love story in the Madaris series. It's amazing how true love wins out over troubled times always. Jake Madaris is a man after my own heart that will stop at nothing, not threats against his own life to protect his true love Diamond Swain Madaris. This is a must read! Brenda Jackson has outdone herself again. I can't wait to read the remaining installments in this series!
This is one of my favorite books by Brenda Jackson! When I read this book it felt as if I could smell the bluebonnets of the page and could visually see his ranch. I loved how descriptive this book was of Jacob and Diamond's feelings as well as the land. I could picture the story as I read it. I could read this over and over.
Sheila Jackson
I just started reading Brenda Jackson's books and I have fallen in love with them. I really enjoyed Secret Love. I love the way that she protrays blacks in her books, with the characters (Jake Madaris and Diamond Swain). I believe that "Secret Love" shows that real love can prevail over any situation. LOVE IT!
One of my co-workers let me borrow this was so good. And, actually, I had to buy her another one because I carried it around so much, the cover got torn!
Celeste  Williams
Don't leave me, don't ever go away

I am reminded of song lyrics when I read Jacob and Diamond's story. Secret Love is the perfect title, but Enchanted Love would be second best. The traditional wedding vows come to mind, love, honor, protect. The key being love. Jacob loved Diamond, and Diamond loved Jacob. It was not just in word but in deed. How does it go, no greater love, than laying your life down. Well, in their own ways that is what Jacob and Diamond were willing to do. I am constantly rem
Second time reading this one. Jacob and Diamond
Loved it! Jacob Madaris is the wealthy owner of Whispering Pines Ranch. Imagine his surprise when his friend, Sterling, asks if the famous movie star, Diamond Swain, can rest/hide there for three weeks. Jacob wants so badly to say no, but once he gazes into Diamond's beautiful eyes, Jacob finds it impossible to say no! Great story!
Excellent love stoy

I loved this story which caused me to give it a high rating. The plot and flow of the book kept me captivated. Totally recommend it to love story hounds.
Donna Lewis
Jake and them.
Brenda Hillmon
I love books in my age range over 40
Stacey Williams
This book didn't disappoint!!! Mrs. Brenda Jackson books are awesome!!!
This 8th book's story line is very sweet & loving. Some parts of this story surprised me. I felt sorry for Diamond. I loved how Diamond stood up for herself. I loved Jake's character. I loved the updates about the previous characters. I loved the ending.
What an amazing story of love
Just as good as reading the first time.
Cheryl Shaw
loved it
Lia marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
MPUMWIRE DAMIANO marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Ciera Divens
Ciera Divens marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Victoria Asberry
Victoria Asberry marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Nephi Williams
Nephi Williams marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Rishi Nishshanka
Rishi Nishshanka marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Nikita marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
  • Only You (Graysons of New Mexico, #5)
  • Bittersweet Love
  • Jewel
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General)
  • I Promise

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...

Madaris Family & Friends (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Tonight & Forever
  • Surrender
  • The Midnight Hour
  • Unfinished Business
  • Slow Burn
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)