Start by marking “Pawprints (Pawprints, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pawprints (Pawprints,  #1)

Pawprints (Pawprints #1)

Veterinary student Adrian Ferrer can't find the right man for a lasting relationship, let alone to share his life with. Between classes, his part-time job at an animal hospital and volunteering at a no-kill shelter, he's not making time to try either. Just as he's ready to leave love for the birds, Adrian comes across a new guest at the shelter who turns out to be much ...more
Published November 6th 2007 by Loose Id (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Pawprints, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pawprints

Daisiemae
Dec 06, 2008 Daisiemae rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anne Caine Fans
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I have liked previous books written by author
I really enjoy reading about shapeshifters. Throw in some romance and a good plot and I am a happy woman.
Pawprints is a lighthearted read. There is a little mystery as far as one of the heroes past life and so on, but otherwise it is a pretty simple-straightforward read.

Adrian is a Vet student that volunteers most of his time at the local shelter. Kindhearted and sweet Adrian is a very sweet hero, that is not looking for a one night stand, but someone to spend his life with.

When he comes acros
Bookwatcher
Dec 26, 2010 Bookwatcher rated it really liked it
Amazing cover art, to a very good book!

Adrian a vet student meet Lal, a cat shifter running from a abusive master.

And the fun begin!

I liked a lot, the cat shifter theme, and the magic that surround the story, BUT I can't give 5 stars... just for one quick scene of twincest.

I don't like M/M/M scenes with brothers... even if the brothers are not touching but together pleasing someone... It's something I'm not comfortable reading. Adrian-Lal + Caleb (Lal's twin) was not a scene I enjoy. BUT it's so
Jimmy Hanson
Apr 27, 2010 Jimmy Hanson rated it it was ok
The first word that pops to mind is "quick." I managed to read this one in an hour and a half... and found myself wishing for just a little bit more.

The concept and the way Anne Cain brings it across is fascinating, but the end result leaves a bit to want. Lal is an intriguing mix between serious seducer and naive kitten, and Adrian is the general all-around boy-next-door. The fast pace kept them both from being anything more than two-dimensional, though.

There were at least 2 clear scenes where
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Sep 11, 2012 Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions marked it as didnt-finish
Shelves: m-m
not sure if i want to finish this or not...

(view spoiler)
Byron
Oct 14, 2011 Byron rated it really liked it
I debated over the stars for this one for quite a while.. I was going to give it 3 but decided on reflection that it met all MY criteria for 4.

I really liked the way this was written. There was some good character building in the story. I'm just not sure about some of the secondary characters inclusion in the story.

Plot worked well but there is something nagging me about it... which was also another reason for the hesitation on the extra star... IF I work it out I will edit the review..

I will
Shannon
Sep 17, 2013 Shannon rated it liked it
Cute little shifter read. Adrian, the vet student and Lal, the cat shifter from another realm. Adrian takes Lal home and Lal shifts and well, you know. No angst or crying involved. And lots of sex. I liked it enough to continue the series so that's something. :)
Shana
Veterinary student Adrien works for a local animal shelter, where he meets a scared black and white cat. Little does he know that the cat is not just a cat, but rather has a second human Nature, and that he has escaped a bleak life as a sex slave. Adrien can't help but fall in love with Lal, even as Lal is hunted by his Master's minions, who threaten to shatter the new relationship.

My disclaimer: I am so not a fan of the slavery trope that it's not even funny. As such, my regard for the story is
Elisa Rolle
Is it possible to love your cat more than a lover? Adrian has not to find an answer cause his pet, a beautiful black and white cat he has taken home from the shelter he is vulenteering happens to be a beautiful young man. But Lal, this is the name of the were cat, has a strange behaviour more like a pet (in a D/S relationship) than a man.

Lal is escaped from another world where he, and his two twin brothers, are being raised to be sexual slave to their owner. But only Kal, the black one, seems to
Ayanna
Mar 12, 2013 Ayanna rated it it was ok
Cover notwithstanding, the blurb reminds me of a manga I've read before...

And person I assume is the cat looks like Hatsuharu, irony of ironies.

Post-read ETA:
Complete and total froofery.

This is interesting because it's a yaoi/MM hybrid, but it seems to be heavier on the yaoi. Or maybe it's just the cover that has me thinking so.
Here's some Haru love :

The sex is ridiculous. Like, funny because it's so bad. I'm sorry, but it is.

But no, beyond just Hatsuharu/Lal, this book's got yaoi-plot-whiplash
mlady_rebecca
Lexi Ander
Apr 03, 2011 Lexi Ander rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who enjoy shifter stories
Recommended to Lexi by: Bookwatcher
Shelves: mm-shifters
This was a very enjoyable story about a cat shifter (little kitty-cat) who runs away from his owner and is caught but the animal catcher and taken to the shelter where he meets Adrian.

I had so many questions that didn't get answered. (view spoiler)
Gwengwel
Ashley♥Alexis
Im a huge fan of Anne Cain cover art which is initially what drew me to this book. It was a fun quick read.
Antonia
Nov 12, 2008 Antonia rated it it was amazing
A fun, sweet and sexy story. Good characters and snappy writing make this a very enjoyable book. I'm looking forward to more in the series.
Juli
Aug 18, 2010 Juli rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed
A very cute different kind of shifter story. Definately interested in reading the other books in the series.
Adam
Jun 21, 2013 Adam rated it really liked it
lighthearted read, very sweet and enjoyable. will be checking out more by this author. one of the better shapshifter books i've read lately
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
A quick fun read. A simple story of a vet student who takes home a stray and finds love. Of course there is the "bad guy" to get rid of but still a simple sweet read.
Kinia
Kinia rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2011
Sara_Neko
Sara_Neko rated it really liked it
May 25, 2015
Jaykumar Buddhdev
Jaykumar Buddhdev rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2011
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
May 17, 2015
Aiysha Duncan
Aiysha Duncan rated it really liked it
May 28, 2012
Ivy
Ivy rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2013
Amerika Grayson
Amerika Grayson rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2011
Ziana
Ziana rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
momokaachan
momokaachan rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2011
Mika
Serena Yates
Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2010
Claudia Luis
Claudia Luis rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2010
florunia
florunia rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Nature of the Beast (Outside the City #1)
  • Faewolf
  • Betrayed (Cursed #2)
  • Second Time Around
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Bayou Dreams (Rougaroux Social Club #1)
  • Hell Cop
  • Caged
  • Fireflies
  • Hunter and the Hawk (Symbiotic Mates #1)
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • One Wild Wish (One Wish #1)
  • Nick of Time (Preters, #2)
  • Altered Heart (Mated Heart and Soul, #1)
  • Beneath the Neon Moon
  • Son of Death (Keepers of the Gods, #1)
  • Secrets and Lies (Daywalkers, #1)
  • Crying For The Moon
As a freelance graphic artist and illustrator, I work for a number of print and electronic publishers along with private clients around the world. I spend my days working on projects and doodling in sketchbooks, but I can sometimes be found snatching a few moments here and there for my other passions, which include writing, reading, and searching for the world's most perfect cup of hot tea. I love ...more
More about Anne Cain...

Pawprints (3 books)
  • Second Nature (Pawprints, #2)
  • Giving and Taking (Pawprints, #3)