Karen's Newspaper (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #40)

Karen's Newspaper (Baby-Sitters Little Sister #40)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Karen and her friends start their own neighborhood newspaper, but they learn about ethics in journalism after printing secrets about their neighbors and upsetting everyone.
Published August 1st 1993 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1993)

Jay
So Karen decides to create a newspaper of her very own as she decides that newspaper editors are boring as she doesn't understand concepts like Cubism and doesn't know that rite is a word. Whatever, Karen. Then she convinces Hannie and Nancy to jump on board. Then she realises that holy shit, this crap is hard, and decides to end it seven weeks later.

One thing that tickles me is that they mention they're on summer break and Karen and Andrew are pumped about returning to school. Karen talks about...more
Samantha Glasser
I remember reading this and loving it as a kid. I copied her idea and started a neighborhood newspaper using fake characters to gossip about, and like Karen, I think I got bored after 7 issues. However, it was fun while it lasted.

These books were always fun for ideas for things to do when you were bored, but sometimes they got you into trouble. This one could have.
Lindsay
How is it that I still remember that Charlie bought his girlfriend, Ellen, a five dollar bracelet?
Anji
Anji added it
Jul 10, 2014
Gwen
Gwen added it
Jul 02, 2014
Keni Lynn
Keni Lynn marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Jenna
Jenna added it
Jun 18, 2014
Stacey Roberts
Stacey Roberts marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Nf
Nf marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Jasmine Allen
Jasmine Allen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Jordan
Jordan added it
Feb 22, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

Ann gets the ideas for her books from many different places. Some are based on personal experiences, while others are based on childhood me...more
More about Ann M. Martin...
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray A Corner of the Universe The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)