Start by marking “Karen's Sleepover (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #9)” as Want to Read:
Karen's Sleepover (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #9)

Karen's Sleepover (Baby-Sitters Little Sister #9)

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  389 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Karen's having her first sleepover ever! She and her friends are going to tell spooky stories, try on makeup, and raid the refrigerator.

But then Karen and Nancy get into a big fight. Karen doesn't want Nancy to come to her party. A new girl comes instead, and she is no fun! What will Karen do now?

Published July 1st 1990 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Karen's Sleepover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Karen's Sleepover

Luisa
Aug 15, 2015 Luisa rated it it was ok
Jay
Sep 27, 2014 Jay rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own, kids
It's time for the annual child sacrifice, known as the 'Sleeping Over'. Genders get split down the middle. It is the girl's turn.

This year, the sacrifice will take place at Karen's father's house- also known as the Old Brewer Mansion. The warring Brewer tribe has been in chaos for years, and it is hoped that this sacrifice will appease the mighty elders, Watson and Lisa.

The initial sacrifice appears to be Nancy. She must put her head on the chopping block to save Karen and her family. However,
Raevyn (Christian and Proud)
In terms of books that are for and about little kids, I strongly prefer the Junie B. Jones series.

This book was just bad. Half the characters were brats, the plot was resolved near the middle of the book (leaving the rest to be boring and anticlimactic), and the dialogue was forced beyond belief.
Alexandra
Aug 01, 2012 Alexandra rated it liked it
Ahh to be young again. Sleepover parties, pizza deliveries, ghost stories & raiding the refrigerator.

Remember when raiding the refrigerator was like this epic adventure? Sneaking around in the dark so as not to alert anyone of your planned pilfering of goodies to share with your friends? How tedious, to think of it now. To have to sneak into your own fridge to eat something. Back then it was an event. Carefully planned & executed.

Anyway, Karen has a sleepover. Lots of fun and party act
Amanda
May 01, 2016 Amanda rated it liked it
In this book we discover that Nancy is Jewish! I knew I liked that girl.
Amanda
Mar 15, 2010 Amanda rated it it was ok
This book was again okay like most of the other books in this series. I don't remember it well if at all, I think there was something about making their own pizzas involved if I remember correctly. Anyway again I think young girls would like this book. Thats all for now.
Lindsay
Apr 15, 2013 Lindsay rated it liked it
In this book, we're introduced to Pamela Harding, middle-class suburbia's biggest snotface. I like to think that eventually she grew up and realized what a hilariously colossal bitch she was to everyone.
Fadumo
Sep 20, 2013 Fadumo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-class
Karen reminded me of my first sleepover! Ghost stories were the best so was prank phone calls!!! * recommend this book to,any little girl especially a 7 year old!*
Lara
Aug 13, 2008 Lara rated it it was amazing
I liked that there was a birthday party and she invited a friend, but it wasn't really her friend. It was just someone new and she didn't really like her.
Jackie Krasuski
Jul 24, 2011 Jackie Krasuski rated it really liked it
What young girl did not love the Baby-Sitters Club and Karen, the Baby-Sitters Little Sister?
Sally
Apr 29, 2009 Sally rated it it was ok
Nancy can't eat bacon! My first real literary run in with anyone Jewish.
Kate
Feb 06, 2011 Kate rated it liked it
In which Karen has a sleepover and gets into fights with her friends.
Cws
Jul 17, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jear
JEAR2-Mar
MJ Schwartz
MJ Schwartz marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Leticia
Leticia marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Kim Hufford
Kim Hufford marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Krista
Krista added it
Apr 06, 2016
Larissa
Larissa marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Kayla marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Kayla rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2016
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (Wishbone Classics #6)
  • Playing Hooky (Sweet Valley Twins, #20)
  • Don Quixote (Wishbone Classics, #1)
  • Be a Wolf! (Adventures of Wishbone, #1)
  • The Mutt in the Iron Muzzle (Adventures of Wishbone, #7)
  • Felicity Learns a Lesson: A School Story (American Girls: Felicity, #2)
  • Please, Please, Please (Friendship Ring, #2)
  • Happy Birthday, Kirsten: A Springtime Story (American Girls: Kirsten, #4)
  • Holly the Christmas Fairy
  • The Prince and the Pooch

More about Ann M. Martin...

Baby-Sitters Little Sister (1 - 10 of 122 books)
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #1)
  • Karen's Roller Skates (Babysitters Little Sister, #2)
  • Karen's Worst Day (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #3)
  • Karen's Kittycat Club (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #4)
  • Karen's School Picture (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #5)
  • Karen's Little Sister (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #6)
  • Karen's Birthday (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #7)
  • Karen's Haircut (Babysitters Little Sister, #8)
  • Karen's Grandmothers (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #10)
  • Karen's Prize (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #11)