Start by marking “Jessi and the Bad Baby-sitter (The Baby-Sitters Club, #68)” as Want to Read:
Jessi and the Bad Baby-sitter (The Baby-Sitters Club, #68)

Jessi and the Bad Baby-sitter (The Baby-Sitters Club #68)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  623 ratings  ·  9 reviews
With Dawn in California and Mallory out sick, the Baby-sitters Club must recruit a new member, but the girls begin to wonder if the new girl they have selected fits the bill.
Published October 1st 1993 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Jessi and the Bad Baby-sitter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jessi and the Bad Baby-sitter

Ciara
i think this may the best jessi book. it's a shame that it has very little to do with jessi. i don't hate her character, i swear! her books are just mysteriously boring.

so, dawn has shipped off to spend six months living with her father in california, leaving the babysitters club short-handed. & now that school is back in session (for their tenth time through this grade), they are busier than ever. they rely on logan & shannon to take more of the extra jobs, but it's just not enough. eve
Rachel Brand
This was definitely one of the more fun BSC books involving Jessi. For some reason, her books just aren't always the most interesting, or discuss serious topics. Here, the BSC are struggling to fit in all their sitting jobs because Dawn has moved back to California, so they allow Jessi's friend, Wendy, to join the club. But Wendy doesn't like all the rules and is constantly turning up late. Fair enough, most eleven year olds wouldn't want to have to follow rules set by people only a few years ol ...more
Laura Hughes
The BSC is having trouble keeping up with business as they launch a new year without Dawn, and things devolve further as Mallory develops a mysterious lingering fatigue which makes her unwilling to accept new jobs until she feels better. Jessi introduces the club to her new friend, Wendy, who’s great with kids and has neighborhood babysitting experience. She seems perfect, and does well on her test job. However, Jessi begins to regret her choice when Wendy earns Kristy’s wrath with her constant ...more
Jennifer Kaap
I actually never read a BSC book before! I am rating it 3 stars, cause I think that I would have really liked this series as a kid... I don't know why I didn't read these books (everyone else was! I read Sleepover Kids instead). My adult-self rates it lower since it really is fluff... and the title of this particular one is misleading. I was interested in what was considered a "bad baby-sitter", but the title should be changed to "bad club-member". The would-be member is really just guilty of ge ...more
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Marian
Nancy
In which an alleged bad babysitter comes on board for a minute.

Had a hard time rating this one. I hate Jessi so much. But I liked Wendy a lot. A middle school student who ACTS like a middle school student. No wonder K. Ron and the gang didn't like her. I loved that she was the titular "Bad Babysitter," yet she didn't really do anything that would make her a bad babysitter.
Kate
Gasp! A teen baby-sitter who chews gum at meetings? Let me guess - she invites boys over and talks on the phone instead of watching the kids, too. Maybe after the BSC kicks her out, she can go star in a horror movie.
Maria M. Elmvang
I loved the video of the subplot! Wasn't too keen about the main plot though - seemed to show everybody from their worst side.
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Victoria Zigler
Victoria Zigler marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Sarah Opett
Sarah Opett marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Bri
Bri added it
Mar 17, 2015
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Sarah added it
Feb 24, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
  • Jessica's Secret (Sweet Valley Twins, #42)
  • Face-Off! (Girl Talk, #2)
  • Starlight Christmas (Saddle Club, #13)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 133 books)
  • The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)