America's Test Kitchen Live!: The All-New Companion to America's Favorite Public Television  Cooking Series (America's Test Kitchen)

America's Test Kitchen Live!: The All-New Companion to America's Favorite Public Television Cooking Series (America's Test Kitchen)

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This is the companion cookbook to Cook's Illustrated's #1 cooking show on public television, America's Test Kitchen. Step inside the 2,500 square-foot Test Kitchen just outside of Boston with the host, Chris Kimball, Test Cooks, Julia Collin-Davison and Bridget Lancaster, Jack Bishop in the Tasting Lab and Adam Reid in the Equipment Corner. 26 new episodes launch in Januar...more
Published November 1st 2004 by America's Test Kitchen

Joelen
The ATK series have never failed me. Each recipe comes out perfect each and every time! I also appreciate the addition of cooking/baking tips, equipment ratings and overall summary of what they were trying to achieve with each recipe, what worked, what didn't and why. These books do far more than slap a recipe on a page. They provide you the reasoning as to why the recipe is written, why it works and what to avoid.
Chris
Nov 06, 2008 Chris rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Anyone who likes to cook
Shelves: cook-books
I've always enjoyed watching ATK on our local PBS channel. My husband and I had seen the book featuring recipes that were prepared on the show, we both decided we had to have it.

The recipes themselves, and very good and tasty. My favorite aspect of it though, is the bits they add on how they arrived at their "best" recipe. Equipment reviews and food reviews are included, too, just like the TV show.
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Bernie Tran
Bernie Tran marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Shital
Shital marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Les Getchell
Les Getchell marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Kelly Harvill
Kelly Harvill marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2013
Nickh
Nickh added it
Jan 07, 2014
Dale
Dale added it
Oct 07, 2013
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Terry Snow
Terry Snow marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Rob
Rob added it
Aug 10, 2013
Dana
Dana added it
Jul 08, 2013
Nell Hensley-alexander
Nell Hensley-alexander marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Foxglove Zayuri
Foxglove Zayuri marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Aileen Paz
Aileen Paz marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Barb
Barb added it
May 05, 2013
Mike Riland
Mike Riland marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook The New Best Recipe Baking Illustrated: A Best Recipe Classic (The Best Recipe Series) The Best 30-minute Recipe: A Best Recipe Classic (Best Recipe Series) The Best Light Recipe