Start by marking “It Chicks” as Want to Read:
It Chicks

It Chicks

What they want is fame.
All they have is drama.

Welcome to Louis B. Armstrong, New York City’s most prestigious performing arts school, where the gifted, wanna-be starlets, and It Chicks are all on the rise. But when rehearsals give way to hot and heavy after-school sessions away from the barre and without the mic, the real drama begins.
Meet the hottest cast in town:

Tangi
Published April 1st 2007 by Hyperion Books for Children

To ask other readers questions about It Chicks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Chicks

Kianna
Feb 13, 2008 Kianna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: girls
i hope there is another book after this because there is no way it can just end without me finding out what happened
Savannah
Oct 18, 2010 Savannah rated it it was ok
What they want is fame.
All they have is drama.
They go to Louis B. Armstrong, New York City"s most prestigious performing arts school, where the gifted, wanna-be starlets, and It Chicks are coming on the rise. But when rehearsals give way to hot and heavy after-school sessions away from the mic, the real drama begins.
They"re all playing the fame game and will do whatever it takes to nail it.
This book I reccomend it to girl's that actually like drama.

Jennifer Wardrip
May 05, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Taylor Rector for TeensReadToo.com

IT CHICKS is definitely going to have to have a sequel! This book has the characters of GOSSIP GIRL and the setting of the movie Step Up! That makes for one CRAZY book, let me tell you!

The characters include Tangie, Skye, Eden (Skye's older sister), Trey (Eden's ex-boyfriend), C.J., Izzy, Nick, and Regina. Those are just the important characters, too!

Louis B. Armstrong is New York's most prestigious performing arts school, where anyone who has a ch
Justine Sof2014
Dec 16, 2009 Justine Sof2014 rated it really liked it
This book is called "It Chicks" by: Tia Williams. This book is about kids: Tangie, Skye, Eden, C.J, Izzy, and Regina. They're all playing the fame game and will do whatever it takes to nail it. All there is, is drama. When you are in Louis B. Armstrong (NYC's most prestigious performing-arts school) there will be a lot of competition.

I can connect to this book because this book is about people who wanna become famous and successful in life. I wanna be somebody in life. I'm pretty sure other peop
Oct 13, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This book was so addicting and such a guilty pleasure! It was hard to put down! I adored the characters, even the ones that I hated. But, the one thing that really irritated me was (view spoiler). Otherwise, it was amazing! LOVE LOVE LOVED it! I would definitely recommend this if you want a quick, drama filled, fun, light read!
SW
May 20, 2010 SW added it
I liked the book a lot and cannot wait until the 3rd one comes out; if she gets around to it. The only thing I had a problem with was Tangie. She was my favorite character yet she annoyed me with not standing up for herself.
Chels
Jun 02, 2008 Chels rated it it was amazing
This book is an awesome book!!! One of my favorites mostly because of the cool characters and the setting!!! Said to have the likes of Gossip Girl and Step Up, this book is absolutely superb....Pick it up if you havent!!!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT lol!!!
Koro
Mar 25, 2008 Koro rated it it was amazing
if u love someone, say it and don't wait ti'll tha next day
Celeste
this book is the best boook that drama with class in it. it is a non-put downer! you will be drawn to this book and i have recommened it to others around me!
Kim
Oct 13, 2011 Kim rated it did not like it
By pg. 10, I realized it wasn't a good read for me.
Mahin
Sep 07, 2010 Mahin rated it liked it
it was kinda weird.
Afrykanqwin
Jan 12, 2011 Afrykanqwin rated it liked it
a good one :)
Books are way too cool to be left unopen!
Feb 27, 2008 Books are way too cool to be left unopen! rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Every young teen girl
Recommended to Books are way too cool to be left unopen! by: Kianna(a friend)!
As Kianna said, I really hope Tia comes out with a sequa; on this one...Sooo interesting there has to be one! There were too many things going on in the book that are left at the ending unexplaned...
Autumn
Feb 11, 2008 Autumn rated it really liked it
Shelves: teenagers, urban
Performing arts high school soap opera with diverse characters and up-to-date references. Super fun, but leaves you hanging at the end. NOTHING is resolved. Sigh.
Monika Ally
Sep 29, 2010 Monika Ally rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 9th-grade
I LOVED this book. It was about girls in a dancing school and how their lives were all pretty different. If there is a sequel/series after this book, I will definitely read it.
*Ahh' Zah W/  Daa Juicee !//*
May 14, 2010 *Ahh' Zah W/ Daa Juicee !//* rated it it was amazing
Diss Book Is so crazyyyy!!!
XoXoSIMBAXoXO
Sep 11, 2008 XoXoSIMBAXoXO rated it it was amazing
i like this book
Janet
I was watching some a book shelf tour on YouTube and the woman mentioned this book. I read this when I was a teenager and couldn't remember it as an adult. I have been trying to keep my good reads up to date but I could never remember this book. I'm so glad I took a chance and watched her videos because I have been trying to watch different booktubers for a while. Anyway I remember reading this as a teenager and completely loving it. I'm kind of excited to see this is a series and I will be gett ...more
Tylia
Tylia rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Lexi
Lexi rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Chanté
Chanté rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Brittany
Brittany rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2013
Sera
Sera rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2009
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2011
Jasmine Levenia
Jasmine Levenia rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2012
Kai-lin Wilson
Kai-lin Wilson rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2013
Doret
Doret rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2011
Jazmyne Arnett
Jazmyne Arnett rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2016
Claudemie Mondesir
Claudemie Mondesir rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Hotlanta (Hotlanta, #1)
  • Indigo Summer (Indigo Summer #1)
  • Nothing But Drama (Good Girlz, #1)
  • One of Us (Urban Underground #5)
  • Bad Boy
  • Manga Shakespeare: Julius Caesar
  • Jason & Kyra
  • The Reason Why
  • Joseph
  • Pretty on the Outside (Young, Loaded & Fabulous, #1)
  • Pitbulls In A Skirt 2
  • Hancock Park: A Novel
  • The Sixth Form
  • GoldenGirl (Bradford, #1)
  • Every Time a Rainbow Dies
  • Follow the Model: Miss J's Guide to Unleashing Presence, Poise, and Power
  • The Malcontent
  • Teenie
Called "impossibly talented" by Lucky magazine and "Carrie Bradshaw with melanin and a blowout" by Heart and Soul, Tia Williams is a veteran magazine beauty editor (she's worked Elle, Lucky, Glamour, Teen People, and Essence.com), and in 2005, she created one of the first beauty blogs, the award-winning Shake Your Beauty. She's the best-selling author of THE ACCIDENTAL DIVA, IT CHICKS, and SIXTEEN ...more
More about Tia Williams...