It Chicks

It Chicks

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  17 reviews

What they want is fame.
All they have is drama.

Welcome to Louis B. Armstrong, New York City's most prestigious performing arts school, where the gifted, wanna-be starlets, and It Chicks are all on the rise. But when rehearsals give way to hot and heavy after-school sessions away from the barre and without the mic, the real drama begins.
Meet the hottest cast in town:

Tangie,...more
Published April 1st 2007 by Hyperion Books for Children

Jason & Kyra by Dana  DavidsonLost and Found by Anne SchraffFrenemies by L. DivinePlayed by Dana  DavidsonStreet Love by Walter Dean Myers
MPPL's YA Urban Reads
8th out of 26 books — 53 voters
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa GregoryPersuasion by Jane AustenPippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenAnna Karenina by Leo TolstoyThe Storyteller's Daughter by Cameron Dokey
Headless Women
334th out of 433 books — 119 voters

More lists with this book...

Kianna
Feb 13, 2008 Kianna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: girls
i hope there is another book after this because there is no way it can just end without me finding out what happened
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Taylor Rector for TeensReadToo.com

IT CHICKS is definitely going to have to have a sequel! This book has the characters of GOSSIP GIRL and the setting of the movie Step Up! That makes for one CRAZY book, let me tell you!

The characters include Tangie, Skye, Eden (Skye's older sister), Trey (Eden's ex-boyfriend), C.J., Izzy, Nick, and Regina. Those are just the important characters, too!

Louis B. Armstrong is New York's most prestigious performing arts school, where anyone who has a ch...more
Justine Sof2014
This book is called "It Chicks" by: Tia Williams. This book is about kids: Tangie, Skye, Eden, C.J, Izzy, and Regina. They're all playing the fame game and will do whatever it takes to nail it. All there is, is drama. When you are in Louis B. Armstrong (NYC's most prestigious performing-arts school) there will be a lot of competition.

I can connect to this book because this book is about people who wanna become famous and successful in life. I wanna be somebody in life. I'm pretty sure other peop...more
Savannah
What they want is fame.
All they have is drama.
They go to Louis B. Armstrong, New York City"s most prestigious performing arts school, where the gifted, wanna-be starlets, and It Chicks are coming on the rise. But when rehearsals give way to hot and heavy after-school sessions away from the mic, the real drama begins.
They"re all playing the fame game and will do whatever it takes to nail it.
This book I reccomend it to girl's that actually like drama.

This book was so addicting and such a guilty pleasure! It was hard to put down! I adored the characters, even the ones that I hated. But, the one thing that really irritated me was (view spoiler). Otherwise, it was amazing! LOVE LOVE LOVED it! I would definitely recommend this if you want a quick, drama filled, fun, light read!
Chels
This book is an awesome book!!! One of my favorites mostly because of the cool characters and the setting!!! Said to have the likes of Gossip Girl and Step Up, this book is absolutely superb....Pick it up if you havent!!!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT lol!!!
SW
May 20, 2010 SW added it
I liked the book a lot and cannot wait until the 3rd one comes out; if she gets around to it. The only thing I had a problem with was Tangie. She was my favorite character yet she annoyed me with not standing up for herself.
Books are way too cool to be left unopen!
Feb 27, 2008 Books are way too cool to be left unopen! rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Every young teen girl
Recommended to Books are way too cool to be left unopen! by: Kianna(a friend)!
As Kianna said, I really hope Tia comes out with a sequa; on this one...Sooo interesting there has to be one! There were too many things going on in the book that are left at the ending unexplaned...
Monika Ally
I LOVED this book. It was about girls in a dancing school and how their lives were all pretty different. If there is a sequel/series after this book, I will definitely read it.
Autumn
Performing arts high school soap opera with diverse characters and up-to-date references. Super fun, but leaves you hanging at the end. NOTHING is resolved. Sigh.
Celeste
this book is the best boook that drama with class in it. it is a non-put downer! you will be drawn to this book and i have recommened it to others around me!
Kim
By pg. 10, I realized it wasn't a good read for me.
Koro
if u love someone, say it and don't wait ti'll tha next day
*Ahh' Zah W/  Daa Juicee !//*
Diss Book Is so crazyyyy!!!
Mahin
it was kinda weird.
XoXoSIMBAXoXO
i like this book
Amia
Amia marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Nermein Dankha
Nermein Dankha marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2014
Nadia Osbey
Nadia Osbey marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Tru Essync
Tru Essync marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Kezia
Kezia marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Briana Akani
Briana Akani marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Tracy Clausen
Tracy Clausen marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Tia Williams lives in Park Slope, Brooklyn with her husband, Adam Cabezas. She has worked as an editorial assistant, a beauty assistant, a beauty director, and an English language teacher in Seville, Spain. She runs a style/beauty blog called Shake Your Beauty, which has garnered profiles in Allure, New York Times and WWD, and won a 2007 Glam.com Network Award for Best Voice/Creative Writing.
More about Tia Williams...
The Accidental Diva Sixteen Candles (An It Chicks Novel) Unt.T. Williams