Start by marking “One is the Sun” as Want to Read:
One is the Sun

One is the Sun

Earth Thunder had fled the ruins of a Mayan temple-school in Yucatan, survivor of a hideous massacre of learned priestesses who had fought to defend their freedom from the white man's church rule. All her life she had journeyed north in search of people who wanted to know Mother Earth and her interlocking Circles of Life.

From a bustling city in Europe, a noblewoman sent he

Published November 1st 2001 by Wildcat Press (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about One is the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One is the Sun

Linda
Feb 20, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a big book. It's big in volume, concept, scope, and historical accuracy. The author also illustrated her own book with lovely ink drawings.

The author takes us back in history, to the mid 1800's, when the North American continent was being further invaded by bloodthirsty, greedy, ignorant invaders from Europe. These people disregarded the fact that there were many advanced civilizations already living there, and proceded to ravage the land and natives. This book is also very much about ho
Dec 29, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
A beautiful way to start the new year. This story of a difficult time and struggle is told with amazing clarity of the joyous gift that is life.
Raven
Mar 07, 2009 Raven rated it it was amazing
This book should be part of every American students curriculum.
Joe Pfeiler
Oct 13, 2014 Joe Pfeiler rated it it was amazing
One Is The Sun is informative as well as enjoyable. The book is rich, colorful, and drew me into a strong sense of place – nature, and what it offers.

One Is The Sun also captures a place in time, the transition from one era to another. Currency exists, but isn’t yet a “household item” for Indian communities living off the land; the trading of goods is still their practice. Gold rushes are starting, and bring violence. The contrast between the lives of Indians living off the land to those of peop
Slyv
Oct 26, 2013 Slyv rated it it was amazing
Probably historically somewhat correct, though presented as a story of a white woman seeking the knowledge from a Native woman healer. There are references to the men and situations that conspired to change what ancients believed - the worship of the Earth and what the Earth could offer if treated well. This is a book about healing and living a life of thought and caring, treating others right and learning.
Earththunder1
If there were only one book on the planet this book would be enough!!!

Patrician Nell Warren, Wisdom Naked, is my SiStar!!! She is the Portal of knowledge. Teaching journeys for womyns. Re-read and re-read, pass on through generations.
Shawn
Jan 30, 2017 Shawn rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book as a glimpse into paths of teaching fundamental truths and defending personal traditions. It was a fun fictional read that captures the skunk ignorance of an earlier period. I have been working on my personal 5 points to teach my children.
Amber Chaplin
Aug 13, 2008 Amber Chaplin rated it it was amazing
I read this book over and over and I never get sick of the story. I read quickly so I tend to forget details, so every time I pick it up I find things that I forgot happened. It's in my top 10 favorites.
TOTO from Kansas
May 27, 2014 TOTO from Kansas rated it really liked it
Loved the Book. Would like to read More of her works.
Nayyera
Apr 05, 2007 Nayyera rated it did not like it
If you want to know what fart-bird, butt-pillow, or earth thunder mean, read this book.
Stephanie
Jan 17, 2009 Stephanie rated it liked it
Listened to it on CD - very good story, tended to be a bit long winded and preachy but I enjoyed it.
Lizziekate
Lizziekate rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Anna H
Anna H rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2012
Jan
Jan rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2012
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2011
Dee Handley
Dee Handley rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2012
Heather Brush
Heather Brush rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2011
Gen
Gen rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2011
JMCR
JMCR rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2007
Dhyana Coburn
Dhyana Coburn rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2008
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2009
Marin
Marin rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Riley
Riley rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Gus
Gus rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2011
Kit
Kit rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2012
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2012
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Patricia Nell Warren grew up on a historic ranch in Montana, spent many years working in the New York media, and has lived and traveled extensively in Europe. She now resides in Los Angeles County, where she writes both best-selling fiction and provocative political commentary. While her earlier works came out from establishment publishers like William Morrow and Random House/Ballantine, today Wil ...more
More about Patricia Nell Warren...