Start by marking “Five on Finniston Farm (Famous Five, #18)” as Want to Read:
Five on Finniston Farm (Famous Five, #18)

Five on Finniston Farm (Famous Five #18)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  4,063 ratings  ·  46 reviews
There's a ruined castle on Finniston Farm, but only the dungeons remain - and nobody knows where they are! The Famous Five are determined to find them - and whatever is hidden in them - but they are not alone. Someone else wants to know, too. The question is: can the Five get there first?
Published 2001 by Hodder Children's Books (first published January 1st 1959)

Kirsti
Another in the excellent 'Five' series by the legendary Enid Blyton. Number 18 in the set sees George, Anne, Dick, Julian and Timmy off to stay at Finniston farm, a farm that is struggling with money and has had to take in borders. The children help all they can, but they are baulked by Junior and his Pops, Americans who are intent on snapping up items of historical significance to take back to America.

While this book has less action in it than others, it is still an exciting, quick read. We get
Carmen Casanova
Sep 01, 2007 Carmen Casanova rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: enidblytons
My first book on famous five!! Oh, wait... might be my first long-page book i read :)
David Sarkies
Five go after some profiteers
9 June 2014

Well, this one was a little better than the previous Famous Five adventure that I read, however once again there is a little shift in the nature of the story, which is always a good thing because, since this is book number 18, Blyton no doubt has settled down into a pattern that seems to work (and I suspect the pattern will continue with the last three books in this series). Basically the pattern goes like this: the Famous Five are on holidays so they mee
Neja
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
Anne Marshall
I really enjoyed this one with the two Harries and Snippet the dog as well.
Whitney Hallam
cooooooool for anyone.
Natasha
The eighteenth instalment in the Famous Five series by Enid Blyton. Five on Finniston Farm sees George, Anne, Dick, Julian and Timmy off to stay at a struggling farm which has had to take in borders to put food on the table. The children help all they can, but find themselves hindered by Junior and his Pops, American visitors who are intent on buying items of historical significance to take home, much to the objection of ‘old great-granddad’.

An exciting and quick read aimed at those aged around
Vina Crystelline
George, Anne, Dick, Julian dan gak ketinggalan Timmy, berkumpul lagi. Liburan kali ini mereka ngabisin wkt di Pertanian Finniston. Keluarga Finniston lagi butuh uang, makanya mereka nyewain kamar buat tamu yang mau liburan dipedesaan.. Disana mereka ketemu dg Anak2 Finniston yang jutek abis ama mereka pada awalnya..tapi setelah kenal dekat, jadi berteman baik deh.. Sesuai dg judulnya, ceritanya seputar harta karun gt.. Konon ditanah Finniston dulu ada puri, waktu diserbu ama musuh, Puri itu robo ...more
Filipe Heath
Normal book , really fast .. Famous Five go to the farm and get to know some awesome people and then they discover a huge thing , and help the farm people .. Very little book , 1 hour and 5 minutes on audiobook , althought really enjoyable because the audiobook had a lots of sounds ( birds, walking on grass, dog barks) behind the conversation .. Read it if you love Enid Blyton :)
Jake Collins
This was always one of my favourite Fives, although I'm not really sure why. The castle, the chapel, the treasure and Old Great-Granddad must all feature somewhere in the reason.
Lili
Book I loved and since children and grandchildren adore, everyone of Blyton's books are enjoyable readable and loved by all
Bea
Ich hab die 5 Freunde Bücher als Kind geliebt
Stacey
Mar 23, 2013 Stacey added it
Shelves: childhood-faves
This is the eighteenth installment of the Famous Five series. It isn't my favourite but close to.

The five, Julian, Dick, George, Anna and Timmy the Dog, visit Finniston farm.

Slowly they make friends with the "two Harries" (unison speaking twins Henry and Harriet).

They have to deal with stereotypical arrogant, rude and rich Americans Mr Henning and his spoilt rotten son Junior.

The children discover the buried and hidden ruins of an old (medieval) castle.
Noora
Ihan ok viisikko, mutta kuten muutkin viisikot, toistaa tämäkin samaa kaavaa kuin ennenkin. Lähdetään lomaa viettämään jonnekin, löydetään salakäytävä kaninkolon avulla, taistellaan pahiksia vastaan ja lopulta pelastetaan salakäytävästä löytyneen aarteen avulla jotakin. Ja se jatkuva syöminen... Mutta ihan luettava kuitenkin, kuuluuhan kaavamaisuus kuitenkin sarjakirjojen lajiin.
Gabriel
The one that started it all. The first book I read of the series, found in my father's library when I was 9. The book that I read more times over than any other in my life so far (between 15 and 20, by my calculations). Simply superb.

My version is a Spanish translation by Editorial Juventud.
Chazlida
Ceritanya oke, penggambaran suasana Inggris klasiknya asik, dan saya cukup terbawa suasana dengan alur ceritanya. Buku ini saya baca saat duduk di kelas 3 SD, dan diantara seri lima sekawan yang kebanyakan ide ceritanya hampir seragam, judul ini merupakan salah satu favorit saya.
Vratika
its nice !rather a short one but its cool i would enjoy reading it!
Trace
Luke's Review: This is a five-star book because Anne, George (aka Georgina), Julian, Dick and Timmy (the Famous Five) found treasures such as gold, swords, daggers and jewelry at an old farm called Finniston Farm.
I am going to read Five on Treasure Island next!
Virgilio Machado
Rapazes e raparigas!
Aqui vai outra aventura dos famosos Cinco. A Zé, o Júlio, o David e a Aninhas com o célebre cão Tim, estão de novo envolvidos em sarilhos.
Vamos a ver se gostam?
Vossa amiga
Enid Blyton

Contracapa
Greg
A fun book! Though short, I enjoyed every bit of it. I'm keen on reading the rest of the books in the Famous Five series, for I got hooked to this book, every page keeping me interested as I read. A good read indeed!
Breshnay
Junior was really annoying , and I liked it when george went to serve him breakfast in bed . The Harries were not nice at the beginning (obviously) but they got better . the farmers wife was nice and pleasant .
Jeandana
Great story. i love how the story, the actual drama, starts after you have already gotten pulled in; it starts with a plausible event which then leads into their awesome adventures! An awesome book :)
Hastinasih Sophie
bayangkan kau menemukan harta karun berkarung-karung di sebuah tanah pertanian tua. itu fantasi yang luar biasa menyenangkan buat saya waktu kecil, bahkan masih sangat menyenangkan hingga setua ini..hehe..
Rahmadiyanti
Ini juga seri yang saya suka. Top b-g-t deh Tante Enid. Meski banyak yang kritik kalau ceritanya doski gitu-gitu aja, tapi masa kecil dan remaja saya bener-bener gak berwarna tanpa buku2 beliau, cieehhh!
Kevin
I read these books when I was ten years old or so. They tell me that Enid Blyton was racist. I didn't get the feeling when I read the books.. Perhaps I was too young to see it.
Aakash
It is most interesting detective book by Enid Blyton.
How they catch the solution to solve the solution that was most interesting part of that book.
But,I like it very much.
Nessy
Buku nostalgia yang sampai sekarang masih membangkitkan my wildest deram.
Aku mulai baca buku ini sejak kelas 1 SD.
Tentunya yang covernya yang lama.
Prashansa
The starting was good but ending was not. The best part was when George went to that American boy's room to serve him his breakfast.
Trias
Gw suka banget buku2nya Lima Sekawan, masa kecil gw tak terpisahkan dari buku2nya lima sekawan, mallory towers....
Srivardhan Ramesh
wow! these people are GREAT! the mystery is..........unspeakable and dumbfounding. i suspect timmy is real cute. :)
  • Di Gua Kelelawar (Lima Sekawan)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • Uma Aventura no Deserto (Uma Aventura, #21)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • Winter Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #9)
  • A Fada Oriana
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • The Mystery of the Screaming Clock (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Magic Circle  (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #27)
Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to editor Hugh Pollock, with whom she had tw ...more
More about Enid Blyton...
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)