Start by marking “Balanced Scorecard: Strategien erfolgreich umsetzen” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Balanced Scorecard: St...

Robert S. Kaplan

Balanced Scorecard: Strategien erfolgreich umsetzen

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,814 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
The Balanced Scorecard is a revolutionary framework which translates a company's vision and strategy into a coherent set of performance measures. In addition, it is a tool to channel the energies, abilities, and specific knowledge held by employees toward achieving long-term goals. "A landmark achievement."--Michael Hammer, author of Reengineering the Corporation.
Gebundene Ausgabe, 309 pages
Published September 1st 1997 by Schäffer-Poeschel Verlag (first published September 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Balanced Scorecard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Balanced Scorecard

Jim
Oct 06, 2007 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People interested in management
This is the most important boring book I've ever read. The book laboriously tells you some simple things. Despite this, it is vital that you read the book and not assume that a synopsis will suffice. But .. man .. it's dull.

The balanced scorecard approach looks not just at the performance of a business, but at its planning, its transparency, and its history. I've used this for non-profits, for businesses, and for personal life-goals.

It's excellent stuff, just a little tedious.
Gina Rozier
Mar 20, 2010 Gina Rozier is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I hope this isn't a typical business book with 35 pages of good information padded to 230 pages to justify the price of the book.
Charlie Tembresa
Aug 04, 2009 Charlie Tembresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
One of the biggest problem in management is that Business Strategy is always good on paper but not in the real world. This is because Business Strategy is made in the board room, isolated from the real world that is the front line and once this strategy is handed down from the top, frontline executives are at a lost on how to execute such a strategy. Balanced Scorecard as a framework links this Strategy – Performance gap. Norton and Kaplan’s other book, “Strategy Map” deals with the development ...more
Grace Manaransyah
Nov 02, 2011 Grace Manaransyah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Grace by: Mr. Ali Djamhuri
Luv this book. Thx to my lecture Mr. Ali Djamhuri who shared this book to me 11 years ago. I have both english and indonesian :-). Either than traditional ways, this book give me a comprehensive way to measure and manage organization from 4 perspectives, financially and non financially. For me, on top of all, i love the fact that BSC also applicable on not for profit organization.
Vivek Agarwal
A lot of information on strategy execution
Tools and metrics to measure success of implementation

A good read
However the contemporary authors of the similar subject have developed this into a much deeper subject

Some of the ideas and thoughts are simply outdated in the present market scenario of increased competition from technology and communication

Good read
Ice Bear
Mar 25, 2011 Ice Bear rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What am I putting an academic work in my reading list for !

Aside from the commercial interest, this challenges me to think ina more holistic manner.
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 Lori Grant rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must-read book on execution for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
David
Jul 21, 2013 David rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Has a lot too answer for for wasting huge amounts of management time
Nguyên ngộ ngộ
Quả thực đây là một quyển sách khá khó đọc với mình vì những khái niệm trong sách rất mới.
Bên cạnh đó, những quyển sách này tác giả lấy các ví dụ tầm TẬP ĐOÀN có nhiều đơn vị kinh doanh nhỏ khác nhau nên một người chưa có kinh nghiệm quả trị ở tầm cao như vậy cảm như mình đọc thấy hơi KHÓ VÔ vì thấy "TOÀN SAO TRÊN TRỜI".

Song cũng cố nhìn ra cái khung cũng như thông điệp chính của quyển này đó là
Thông điệp: giúp mình ĐO LƯỜNG HÓA, CỤ THỂ HÓA chiến lược trừu tượng thành những CHỈ SỐ CỤ THỂ bằng cô
Adriaan Jansen
Jul 27, 2015 Adriaan Jansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I enjoyed this book, especially because it complemented a project I was doing at work. The Balanced Scorecard invites you to look beyond the short-term financial performance of a company. The writers argue that the Balanced Scorecard allows managers to take a more holistic view of the company and focus not only on financial results, but also on the factors that will guarantee long-term competitive advantage.

For most companies today, the assets that are most valuable do not appear in financial s
Omar Halabieh
Apr 14, 2012 Omar Halabieh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As the title indicates, this book introduces the concept of the Balanced Scorecard: "The Balanced Scorecard (BSC) provides managers with the instrumentation they need to navigate to future competitive success. Today, organizations are competing in complex environments so that an accurate understanding of their goals and the methods for attaining those goals is vital. The Balanced Scorecard translates an organization's mission and strategy into a comprehensive set of performance measures that pro ...more
February Four
Apr 28, 2013 February Four rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some years ago I was exposed to a suboptimal implementation of the Balanced Scorecard. Because of that, I came to this book with prejudices, and the beginning was really hard--I postponed reading the book and found other things to do instead. If I hadn't needed to do the research for class, I would have steered far away from anything to do with the BSC. (I initially suggested a variety of different topics in lieu of the BSC, trying to get out of having to read what I thought was a load of rubbis ...more
Evan Leybourn
I'm never sure how I feel about the balanced scorecard. One one hand it provides a simple & generally unbiased performance tool, on the other the measurement of these behaviors can focus attention on the wrong areas and lead to unbalanced performance. However whatever my thoughts on the balanced scorecard in general, this book remains a valuable & practical introduction to the subject.

You must read beyond this book, however, as the actual use of balanced scorecards has continued to evol
Jon Port
If you are a manager, please read this book.

There's more to gauging business success than financial measures. (Financial measures are usually lagging indicators.......get some leading indicators on the radar). Internal process performance and learning within the organization are suggested to be 60% of weight! Customer satisfaction is 20% Financial measures........20%
Nigel
Jan 16, 2016 Nigel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seminal work which has been a stalwart for many organisations across the world; like anything requiring deep change the cost in effort is high and the number of failures is testament to this - get it right and it delivers fresh sense of purpose, cohesion and direction and what inevitably comes with it; a strong financial performance as the authors predict.
Lydson San Miguel Garcia
Well, I was hoping to find a list of measures in this book. I'm happy to have read this book because it goes well beyond just measures.

The Balanced Scorecard is a management system. It translates the strategy into measurements and provides the executive with a clear vision of the organization using its different perspectives: financial, customer, internal and lear and growth.

It's worth the reading.
Chris Berg
Sep 03, 2014 Chris Berg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must-read for anyone in an executive position in any organization.
Natya Nauri
Jul 03, 2015 Natya Nauri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boring but important xD
Cristian
Feb 04, 2016 Cristian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, classes
This is the first "balance scorecard" book I've read. It was quite easy to go through and highly comprehensive. With The Balanced Scorecard: Translating Strategy into Action (Hardcover) you can get a really deep understanding of the 4 pillars that are part of the BSC and several good examples to really comprehend how to move from strategy to actual steps and actions. Now I'm moving to a book based on ratios of the BSC. Actual dashboards that I somehow missed on this book. Other than that, great ...more
Daniel Villegas
It is a very nice review of the issue and it has a couple of interest cases of implementation. The book states that the purpose of controlling in different levels of the organisations and in different functions is to follow and control the general strategy of the firm. These general idea can be stated in a general plan at different levels as it is strategic, tactic and operative levels and of course in different areas of the organisations such as Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Operation ...more
Lamech Mariita
Jan 06, 2013 Lamech Mariita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a very influential book on the implementation of strategic planning. A must read in the area of Corporate Strategy. Kaplan and Norton the authors are amongst the most disruptive thought leaders of our generation. I think that every strategist practitioner should have The Balanced Scorecard on their bookshelf and become familiar with the concepts contained within it.
Zen
Sep 02, 2007 Zen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
A very good book on a corporate performance measurement... Kaplan and Norton are really dynamic duo that can enlight the balancing method of measuring tangible and intangible assets, long term-short and term goals... all things that determine the successful of great companies to maximize their intangible asset performance
Carla
Feb 19, 2013 Carla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This clearly wasn't a light read, it took me several months. The book has a high information density, especially part 1. Part 2, that has a more practical view, has more company examples which make it easier to read. A classic, and now I understand why!
Eric Cuenca
Aug 19, 2013 Eric Cuenca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The introductory book of Doctors Kaplan & Norton to the Balanced Scorecard theory. It sets the fundamentals of the theory and is of great use to anyone seeking to have more control over the implementation of the strategy of his company.
Idha Kristiana
Sep 15, 2014 Idha Kristiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strategic Business Management using 4 Perspectives
1. Learning and Development
2. Internal Business Process
3. Customer Satisfaction
5. Financial View

Great book by the Master
Litapayne
Apr 11, 2010 Litapayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was really reviewing this book to prepare for an interview. It's loaded with lots of good stuff - strategywise. Will probably pick it up from time to time as reference.
Jeremy
Dec 25, 2010 Jeremy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting theory on how to select and develop metrics for an organization. I enjoyed this book but have struggled to find real-world uses for the theory.
Michael
Excellent way of translating strategy into action. Covers the main parts but does not cover middle management or lower-level employee education extremely well.
Hesty
Oct 22, 2007 Hesty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thesis
takjub banget ama pemikiran penulisnya yang begitu komprehensif dalam menyusun suatu strategy. bagi para manajer sepertinya cukup keren buat dibaca...
Ria
Nov 13, 2007 Ria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Topik hangat di kantor... Disuruh baca..tapi sampe sekarang blum mudeng2 juga;p Hehe... Ada yang ngerti 'Balance Scorecard' ga? Anyone?
  • Competing for the Future
  • Discovering the Soul of Service: The Nine Drivers of Sustainable Business Success
  • Strategy Safari: A Guided Tour Through The Wilds of Strategic Mangament
  • Jump Start Your Business Brain: Scientific Ideas and Advice That Will Immediately Double Your Business Success Rate
  • Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will
  • Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance
  • The Great Game of Business: Unlocking the Power and Profitability of Open-Book Management
  • Questions of Character: Illuminating the Heart of Leadership Through Literature
  • Reengineering the Corporation: A Manifesto for Business Revolution
  • The Power of Intuition: How to Use Your Gut Feelings to Make Better Decisions at Work
  • Financial Intelligence: A Manager's Guide to Knowing What the Numbers Really Mean
  • How to Be a Star at Work: 9 Breakthrough Strategies You Need to Succeed
  • The Knowing-Doing Gap: How Smart Companies Turn Knowledge into Action
  • The Age of Unreason
  • A New Brand World: Eight Principles for Achieving Brand Leadership in the Twenty-First Century
  • The Leadership Moment: Nine True Stories of Triumph and Disaster and Their Lessons for Us All
  • Performance Dashboards: Measuring, Monitoring, and Managing Your Business
  • Toyota Production System: Beyond large-scale production
Robert S. Kaplan (born 1940) is Baker Foundation Professor at Harvard Business School, United States, and co-creator, together with David P. Norton, of the balanced scorecard, a means of linking a company's current actions to its long-term goals. Kaplan and Norton introduced the balanced scorecard method in their 1992 Harvard Business Review article, The Balanced Scorecard: Measures That Drive Per ...more
More about Robert S. Kaplan...

“The Balanced Scorecard (BSC) provides managers with the instrumentation they need to navigate to future competitive success.” 0 likes