Start by marking “4% Famous” as Want to Read:
4% Famous

4% Famous

2.88 of 5 stars 2.88  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Which loose-lipped gal about town has been caught canoodling with a randy restaurateur? Sources say the new “legs” of the Examiner’s gossip column has been helping him bury his long-simmering scandal even though it’s been eating away at her conscience.

Which grizzly tabloid guy better watch his way with the ladies? We hear he got more than a hangover from a boozy night out
Published April 24th 2007 by Three Rivers Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about 4% Famous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 4% Famous

Kathleen
Jun 13, 2007 Kathleen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: readers who want to esacpe to the world of gossip column writers
This is an intimate fictional tale of the bizarre gossip industry full of characters and secrets as seductive and dark as New York City itself.
Jennifer Johnson
Deborah Schoeneman's 4% Famous chronicles the lives of 3 New York city gossip columnists as they navigate the social ladders of New York society. The glamourous world isn't always what it seems and as the columnists learn it's easy to get caught up in the viciousness of it all. Trading gossip for favors, they seem to enjoy the best sides of both worlds, A-list, VIP treatment without the famous face that is hounded by fans. They classify themselves 4% famous, famous enough to be somebodies, but n ...more
Marcia
The story tells most of the time rather than shows, but it was sparkly and seedy enough to keep me interested. Another nice summer read.
Laurie
This is a kind of fun book about gossip columnists and the famous and nearly famous in New York. It was interesting for all the glitz and glamor and desperation, but also exhausted me. All these young people running around with high pressure jobs staying out all night at clubs and snorting coke. Exhausting. It was ok, but got kind of repetitive, and I never related to the main character like I think I was supposed to.
Vaiva Zaleckyte
Not the best book, but not a bad one :)
Emma  Kaufmann
Fascinating subject, about how utterly superficial the life of a gossip reporter is, no surprises, just a certain amazement that the protaganists can spend every night snorting coke and sleeping with mattresses (model/actress hybrid) and not have a constantly bleeding nose. A sordid, sexy, compelling read.
Ury949
It's pretty fast to read and fun. Predictable. I was kind of put of by the tense it was written in, but I got used to it. It feels like a chick flick except the end isn't as glamorous as you might hope.
Wiwwa
I only got about 1/3 of the way through this book and just had no desire to keep going. Bo-ring.
Katie
A rather slow read... entertaining enough to want to finish.
Ivannah
Loved it!
Carina Lopes
Carina Lopes marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Audrey Wilkerson
Audrey Wilkerson marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Amy C
Amy C marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Gabrielle27
Gabrielle27 marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Susie
Susie marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Caitlyn
Caitlyn marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2013