Start by marking “What Was I Thinking?: Things I've Learned Since I Knew It All” as Want to Read:
What Was I Thinking?: Things I've Learned Since I Knew It All

What Was I Thinking?: Things I've Learned Since I Knew It All

Seminary professor, radio broadcaster, and former pastor Steve Brown is tired. He confesses, "I'm tired of glib answers to hard questions, irrelevant 'God words' and stark, cold foundations on which no house has ever been built." So he set out to revitalize his faith by reexamining his thoughts and his faith. And he shares his invigorating discoveries with readers. A poten ...more
Published July 18th 2006 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about What Was I Thinking?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Was I Thinking?

Jan 11, 2009 Brian rated it really liked it
I have been fascinated with this mans ministry for the past month, listening to many audio messages and have now read this and another of his books. I find his message scary but freeing, different but warm and caring, biblical when he explains it but heresy when I think of it against the backdrop of what I've been conditioned to think and believe.
This book is about the things he used to think when he was a young christian and what he thinks now as hes studied more, sinned more, been forgiven mo
Sid Klooster
Jan 01, 2015 Sid Klooster rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.
Oct 10, 2008 Lorenrae rated it it was amazing
I've REALLY enjoyed this book -- Especially because of my PCA background. My briefcase containing the book was stolen last week, so I haven't finished the book yet. BUT, I can't wait to get my hands on another copy.
Oct 23, 2009 Donna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
If you have been a reader of Steve Brown, you will enjoy this book very much. He is never afraid to admit when he is wrong. I am very excited about the changes he has made in the last 20 years.
Nov 30, 2008 Craig rated it it was amazing
Best title ever. And one of the best books I've ever read. Steve Brown is a Calvinistic seminary professor. But he's not a know it all. He's humble and genuine. I loved this book.
Jun 24, 2008 Graham rated it really liked it
Steve Brown is open and honest and hits right in the center of your heart. As always, he helps to equip you to be a faithful follower of God.
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2016
Janet McCuistion
Janet McCuistion marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Doriknowsbooks marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Benjamin Fleming
Benjamin Fleming marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Annette rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2016
Royala Christoph
Royala Christoph rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Rebecca Ray
Rebecca Ray marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Max Jackl
Max Jackl rated it did not like it
Jun 03, 2016
Teresa Silva
Teresa Silva marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Robert marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Aimee Shaffer
Aimee Shaffer marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Todd Fox
Todd Fox marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
goodreads rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Jason Wright
Jason Wright marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
D. Owsley
D. Owsley rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Rod Yoder
Rod Yoder rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Linda added it
Jan 23, 2016
Erin Henry
Erin Henry marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Ryan Nunez
Ryan Nunez marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Steve Brown is a radio broadcaster, seminary professor and author. He previously served as a pastor for over twenty-five years and now devotes much of his time to the radio broadcast, Key Life.

With such varied experience and unique perspective on life, Steve is an original. He refuses to be a "guru," doesn't want to be anyone's mother and gives, in his teaching, the freedom to think. Overall, Stev
More about Steve Brown...